Chapter 2

Laura P.O.V.
The woman opens the passenger side door for me and I slowly get into the vehicle. She closes the door and enters on the driver's side and starts the car after buckling up. While we drive I study the kind woman who offered to help me. She is petite with brown hair and brown eyes. I look out the window of the car suddenly as I notice her looking at me. "What is your name sweetheart and how old are you?" "My name is Laura and I'm 16. My height can confuse people." I say nervous about talking to someone I just met. "Well Laura it's nice to meet you." The woman says, smiling at me. We pull up in front of a brick house. The woman gets out of the car and comes around to the passenger side to open the door for me. I unbuckle my seat belt and hop out of the car. The woman takes my hand and leads me into the house.

Woman P.O.V.
I open the car door for the girl and she slowly climbs in. She buckles up and I walk around to the driver's side of my car and get in. I buckle up before starting the car and driving to my house. I notice her looking at me, taking in my appearance. She quickly looks away when I look at her. "What is your name sweetheart and how old are you?" I ask her, hoping to get to know at least her name. "Laura and I'm 16. My height can confuse people." she replies timidly. "Well Laura it's nice to meet you." I say smiling at her. We pull up in front of my house. I turn off the car and unbuckle and get out. I walk around to the passenger side and open the door for the young girl. She unbuckles her seat belt and hops out of the car. I then take her hand and lead her into the house.

Laura P.O.V.
The house is huge. There is a living room with a black leather couch a coffee table and a TV. Next to the couch is a lamp and a side table. I then notice a bookshelf on the other side of the room that is full of trophies. The woman leads me into the kitchen, which is also huge. As I look around the kitchen, the woman comes back with a towel and clean clothes in her hands. "Here you go hun, I'll show you to the loo so you can take a shower." "Thank you." I say shyly. I follow the woman up a flight of stairs and into a huge bathroom. The woman tells me how to use the shower and closes the door when she exits. I take off my dirty clothes and step into the shower. I then turn on the water and get it to a good temperature. I then wash my hair and the rest of me before turning off the shower. I wrap myself in the warm towel, thinking about the last time I showered, which was weeks ago. I changed into the clothes the woman gave me. I walk out of the bathroom unsure of what to do or where to go. "Laura in here sweetheart." I hear the woman call. I walk down the hall from the bathroom and into the bedroom where the woman is sitting on her bed reading. I notice she is holding a binder. She looks up and notices me standing awkwardly at the door. "You can come in Laura," she says, smiling at me. I slowly walked over to her.

Woman P.O.V.
I lead Laura into the house and watch her look around in amazement. I lead her into the kitchen and watch her look around and take everything in. While she is looking around, I walk into the linen closet and get a towel. I notice she is looking at my awards. I take this opportunity to go upstairs and grab some clothes for her. "The clothes might be a bit big, but we can go shopping tomorrow." I think to myself heading back downstairs. I find her looking around the kitchen. I walk in and hand her the clothes and towel and say, "Here you go hun. I'll show you to the loo so you can take a shower." I say. "Thank you." she replies shyly. I show here where the bathroom is and show her how to work the shower. I then close the door while exiting the loo and head to my bedroom. I pick up my script off of the table and sit on my bed after grabbing my glasses and read it. After a few minutes I hear the bathroom door open. "Laura in here sweetheart." I say. I don't even hear her enter my bedroom. I look up and see her standing awkwardly in the doorway. "You can come in Laura." I say, smiling at her. She slowly walks over to me.