Part 46

Laura P.O.V. 

Its been a few days since Dr. Russell called. I still haven't told mum and Tom about what's going on. I don't think there is a point. I don't want to get their hopes up and then break their hearts. I'm acting like nothing is wrong and keeping things as normal as possible. It'll be easy for me to hide the pregnancy since I eat healthy anyway and don't drink. On top of that I'm working all the time so I hardly sometimes ever see or talk to Tom. I really don't know what I'll do if I lose this baby too. I lay on my bed crying and thinking about the real possibility that I will lose this baby like I did the last one and its too much for me to bear. I know mum is worried I can tell. I really wish I could tell her but I can't. There is no point in me telling her and then breaking her heart. I lay on the bed and cry my eyes out. I hear the bedroom door open and I can feel Tom wrap his arms around me. "Laura what's wrong?" I look at him through my tear stained eyes. I can see the look of worry in his. I debate on whether or not to tell him but I can't its not worth breaking his heart later on. I can't do that to him. I can tell he is waiting for me to answer him so I say "Nothing its just been a rough day." "That's not what your mum said." Tom replies. I inwardly curse and then say "I got a call earlier with some not so great news that's all." I say playing it cool. "What about anything I can help with?" he asks. "Not unless you can get me to be able to keep this baby." I think to myself. "No, but thank you anyway." I answer kissing him. I don't know how I got so lucky to be married to my best friend. Tom then says something that throws me off guard "Hey Laura I was thinking I know we always talked about having a big family and I know we have five kids already but..." I can tell right away what he wants and as much as I love the idea I can't risk it right now. "Tom I don't know the twins are still so little." "We can handle it." Tom says giving me the puppy eyes and pouting at me. I find it so adorable and I'm having a hard time saying no to him but I know I have to. "Tom I promise in a year we can try." I say being firm with him and watching his face fall. I feel bad for telling him no. He deserves to know the truth but I can't stand to hurt him again. "Laura what is going on? I know something is bothering you and I want to help." Tom says looking hurt. "Tom its nothing you can help me with, it's something I have to handle on my own." I answer. I hear Tom sigh and I hear him walk out of the room. I feel awful for not telling him the truth but I can't stand to hurt him again. I lay back down and cry. 

Tom P.O.V. 

I know something is going on with Laura and I am hurt that she won't tell me what's bothering her. I decide to find out for myself. I grab my phone and dial Dr. Russell's office. "Hello Tom what can I do for you?" she asks. "I'm worried about Laura. I know something is bothering her but she won't tell me or Helena I didn't know if you could shed any light on the matter." I say hoping she will tell me something. "I'm sorry Tom I'm not at liberty to say. I can't do it without Laura's permission." she answers. "Okay thank you." I say hanging up. I stop and think for a minute. The last time Laura acted like this she was afraid of... it then hits me I know what is wrong. I go to my car and head to the store. I decide to buy Laura a bouquet of flowers to make her feel better. I know she is afraid but I want to help in anyway I can. When I get back to the house I grab my computer and do some shopping. I then order something that should be in by the end of the week. I then head upstairs where I find Laura curled up like a cat fast asleep. I kiss her head and leave the flowers on her bedside table and leave her to sleep. If I'm right I can't wait.