part 72

Helena P.O.V.
I arrive home early on New Years day and find the house empty. Billy and Nell are spending the day with my mum so I have the house to myself. I then notice Brieanna, Dylan Sylar, Ellynn, and Daniel aren't in the house either. I sneak next door to check on Laura and Tom and find them both sound asleep in bed. I look at them and it reminds me of how Tim and I used to be. I sneak back through to my quiet side of the house and decide to take a shower. Not before I turn around and notice Laura has quietly followed me. "Happy New Year." I say, to my daughter while hugging her. " Happy New Year mum." She answers. "How was last night?" I ask her, grinning. She still blushes after all this time and says, " It was nice the kids are with Tom's mum and brothers until tonight so we have the house to ourselves. " "So what do you two lovebirds have planned for today?" I ask. " I don't know. Tom's mum is dropping the kids off tonight and other then that Tom and I have no plans. " Laura says. " I walk to my bathroom as Laura turns to walk back through the passage. After I finish in the shower and change, I decide to make breakfast. I decide to make myself toast. I sit down to eat and enjoy the peace and quiet. I then realize it is too quiet for my liking. I go to the living room and turn on the tv. I sit and listen to the babbling of the tv as I eat breakfast and then decide to run out and do some shopping. Later that night I come home and find my side of the house empty. I go over to Tom and Laura's and I find Tom cooking dinner. I notice all the kids Billy and Nell included sitting down eating Mac n cheese and chicken nuggets. "You fed the kids?" I ask Tom, I can tell from the look in his eye feeding seven kids is not a problem. " we wanted to give you a break. " he says. "Where's Laura? " I ask. "She got violently sick this morning, so I told her to go lay down." Tom says, concern laced in his voice. " Tom it's cold and flu season, it could just be a flu bug. " I say, trying to reassure him. He seems to relax a little but I can tell he is still concerned. I leave Tom and the kids for a minute and go check on Laura. I find her laying in bed asleep. She suddenly bolts up and runs to the loo with her hand over her mouth. I can hear her getting violently sick. She emerges from the loo a few minutes later looking pale and tired. I lead her back to bed and cover her up and kiss her head. "Get some rest if you need anything I'm right next door." I tell her. No sooner were the words out of my mouth, Tom enters the bedroom with a bowl of soup and crackers. He leaves it on the bedside table as I leave the room. I go back to the kitchen and see the kids are finishing eating. I decide to give them a hand, as I start to clear the table, but Tom gently takes my hand. "Thank you for the help but, I can manage." He says. " Come on Billy, Nell it's time to go home. " I say. Billy and Nell follow behind me back through the passage home.

Laura P.O.V.
I awake to the sound of footsteps in the house. I get up and see mum walking toward the passageway and I follow her. "Happy New Year." Mum says, while hugging me. " Happy New Year mum." I answer returning the hug. "How was last night?" Mum asks, grinning. I blush after all this time and say, " It was nice the kids are with Tom's mum and brothers until tonight so we have the house to ourselves." I answer. "So what do you two lovebirds have planned for today?" Mum asks. " I don't know. Tom's mum is dropping the kids off tonight and other then that Tom and I have no plans. " I say. I go back through the passage and find myself suddenly feeling sick. I run to the loo and get violently sick. I walk out of the loo into the bedroom, the room spinning, my head pounding. I find myself feeling faint as I notice Tom walk into the bedroom. He helps me crawl into bed and he covers me up and kisses my head. I find myself falling into an uneasy sleep.

The kids at some point have come home because I can feel the kids hugging me and I can hear voices. I awaken some time later feeling nauseous. I suddenly bolt up and run to the loo with my hand over my mouth. I can feel myself getting violently sick. I emerge from the loo a few minutes later feeling tired. Mum leads me back to bed and covers me up and kisses my head. "Get some rest if you need anything I'm right next door." She tells me. No sooner were the words out of her mouth, Tom enters the bedroom with a bowl of soup and crackers. He leaves it on the bedside table as mum leaves the room. Tom kisses my head and asks "How are you feeling love?" " Lousy. "I answer, I then find myself succumbing to sleep.

Tom P.O.V.
I wake up New Years day to find myself alone in the bedroom. I decide to get dressed and shower. I then decide to cook breakfast. As I am cooking, I hear Laura run up the stairs and I hear the door to the loo slam shut. I head upstairs to the bedroom where I see Laura walking out of the loo looking tired and pale. She also looks unsteady on her feet. I help her back into bed and cover her up and kiss her head.
I suddenly find myself worrying about Laura. Later that night my mum arrives home with the kids. The kids want to see Laura, so I quietly lead them into the bedroom. The kids quickly hug Laura as not to wake her up and I usher them all into the kitchen so I can make them dinner, Mac n cheese and chicken nuggets. While the kids are eating we are met by Helena. "You fed the kids?" Helena asks me, I look at her like feeding seven kids is not a problem. " We wanted to give you a break. " I say. "Where's Laura? " she asks. "She got violently sick this morning, so I told her to go lay down." I say, concern laced in my voice. " Tom it's cold and flu season, it could just be a flu bug. " Helena says, trying to reassure me. I relax a little but I am still concerned. I get a bowl of soup and some crackers and decide to go check on Laura. I bring her a tray with the food as Helena leaves the bedroom. "How are you feeling?" I ask her. " Lousy. " she answers. I kiss her head and then leave her to rest.  I go back to the kitchen where I see Helena starting to clean. "Thank you for the help but, I can manage." I say. I then watch as Helena, Billy and Nell head back through the passageway home.