Part 31

Laura P.O.V. 

I haven't mentioned the trip to the clinic to mum or Tom. I don't want them to worry. I'm also trying myself not to panic. It's been five months since my night with Tom and nothing seems to be getting better.  Anne and Emily took me back to the clinic yesterday to get the blood work done again. I really hope I can get an answer this time around. My phone buzzes and I see I have a text from Anne it says "Meet us at the coffee shop." Tom and Helena went to run errands with the kids so I'm alone. I write them a note saying I went to meet my friend at the coffee shop again and I head out. I get to the coffee shop and see Anne and Emily waiting for me. I go inside and sit down with them. "Unfortunately, still an inconclusive result." Anne tells me. I don't know what to feel at this point. We decide to head out for a walk. We decide to go to the park. While there we stop at the playground. We sit at a picnic table and watch the kids playing. "Are you okay honey?" Emily asks me. I notice her and Anne both look worried. "I'm okay, I just don't know how to feel right now. I feel like I should have a definitive answer by now." I say, sighing. "Don't worry sweetheart, everything will work out." Emily tells me, getting up to hug me, Anne doing the same. We sit there hugging for a minute or two before releasing. "So what do I do now?" "Well, the best thing for you to do is to just relax and try not to think about it. Anne tells me. "I'll try." I say. 

Helena P.O.V. 

I've been really worried about Laura lately. She still doesn't seem like herself. I was emptying the trash cans in her room and found the inconclusive pregnancy test in the trash. I can't imagine what this is doing to her. I haven't mentioned it to Tom because I don't want to get his hopes up, and I don't think Laura's told him either for the same reason. The poor girl is probably heartbroken right now. I found the note when Tom and I get home with the kids saying she went to the coffee shop to meet up with her friend again. I head upstairs to check on Laura and find her asleep in bed. I can tell from the look on her face that she has been crying and I think I know what about. I really wish there was something I could do to make her pain go away. I kiss her head and leave her to let her sleep. 

Tom P.O.V. 

I've been really worried about Laura lately. She still seems like she hasn't been herself. I don't know why and she won't talk to me about whats bothering her. She knows I have her back no matter what, but I just wish I knew what was wrong so I could help and make her pain go away. I've noticed Helena has also gotten suspicious. I also feel like Helena knows something that I don't and she won't tell me. Don't get me wrong I trust Helena and I love her like a mother, but I just wish if something was wrong with Laura she would tell me. I've also looked at her calendar and noticed she hasn't marked her calendar like she usually does. She just seems like she's been really distracted lately. I just wish I knew why.