Untitled Part 7

Laura P.O.V.
I walk down the dark, busy London street. I try to keep my jacket wrapped around me to keep me warm, but it's all in vain. "I bet Helena has read the note I left by now." I think to myself. "She probably hates me and never wants to see me again." I mutter to myself. I continue down the dark London street until I come to the spot where I first met Helena. The memory comes flooding back and I start to cry. "It's no good Helena doesn't want you anymore. No one does." I think to myself. I then spot an alley. I decide it's better than nothing. I walk to the alley and I fall asleep.
​  

Helena P.O.V.

I've been out looking for Laura for over an hour and I haven't found her. It's getting freezing cold out. "If I don't find her soon, she could die of exposure." I think to myself. As I continue to look, I call her name, hoping she will respond but she doesn't. I wrap my coat tighter around me to keep me warm. I continue for another hour, going up and down the streets calling her name and looking before giving up for the night due to severely cold weather. I head back to the house. When I arrive, I see Tim in the living room watching TV. "Did you find her?" He asks. "No." I say, feeling defeated. "I'm going back out tomorrow to look for her." "You're wasting your time." Tim says. 

 Laura P.O.V. 

I awake the next morning to rainy weather. I walk out of the alley and head over to a restaurant. I walk to the back and  go through the garbage, trying to find something to eat. I  find nothing edible, so I just give up. I walk down the busy street looking in the shop windows, seeing if any places are hiring. I notice a coffee shop that is hiring. I walk into the shop and hear a bell ring above my head as I open the door. I walk up to the front counter. The woman standing behind it looks at me and says, "What do you want?" "I noticed you were looking for a waitress. I was wondering if I could have a job application please." The woman begrudgingly hands me a paper and a pen. I walk over to a table and fill it out the best I can. When I am done, I hand the woman the paper and her pen. "There's no phone number on here." "I know." I say. "How are we supposed to call you to tell you if you got the job or not if you have no phone?" I shrug my shoulders at her, unsure of what to say. "Get out of here, you piece of filth. We don't hire people like you." She says. I walk out of the shop depressed and alone. I have no one and I'm back to digging through dumpsters just to try to survive. "Why me?" I think to myself. 

    Helena P.O.V.
I awake the next morning early. I dress quickly and race outside to continue to look for Laura. The rain is pouring down like cats and dogs as I drive up and down the streets, calling for the young girl. I have no luck. I continue my search until it gets to be so dark I can't see anything. "Where are you, Laura?" I think to myself.