Chapter 21

Laura P.O.V. 

The next morning I wake up to Brieanna and Dylan jumping on my bed. I had a rough night sleeping because of Sylar not feeling well. As they continue to jump, I tickle them both, making them laugh. The noise wakes Helena, who is in the doorway watching us a smile on her face. "You are going to make a great mum one day." I look at her and smile and say, "I hope so." Brieanna looks at me and says "You are the best mum ever." Dylan nods his head in agreement. I'm near to tears. "Thank you sweetheart." I say, hugging them both. Tom appears in the doorway and says "Helena can I talk to you for a minute?" "Sure." she says. They walk out  of the room and Helena closes the door behind her. After they leave I ask the kids "What do you want for breakfast?" "Cereal." Brieanna says. Dylan nods his head in agreement. I pick up Sylar out of his pack and play and we head down to the kitchen. I put sylar in his bassinet and wheel it into the kitchen so I can keep a better eye on him. Brieanna helps me when I hand her the spoons. She puts one on the table for her and the other for Dylan. While I am getting the bowls and cereal I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turn slightly and see Tom standing behind me with his arms around my waist. "What can I do to help love?" he asks. "Nothing at the moment, thank you though." I say. I put the bowls on the table for the kids and pour them the cereal. I then turn to the refrigerator to get the milk. I turn back around and see Tom making funny faces at the kids and they are laughing hysterically. I pour the milk into their cereal for them and they eat. I sit at the table with them, Tom sitting across from me. "So what did you talk to Helena about?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me. "Nothing important, just needed some advice." he says. "Oh." I ask. Brieanna then looks at Tom and says "Uncle Tommy can we go to the park?" "I think that's a great idea baby girl." he says. "Yay!" both kids cheer. After they finish their cereal, they run upstairs to change out of their pjs and to brush their teeth. All the while I pick Sylar up and carry him into the living room to change his nappy and to put him into some clean clothes. "Can I help love?" Tom asks, coming up behind me. "I'm okay thank you." I say, smiling. "I'm going to go change." he says. "Okay." I say. Helena walks into the living room and watches me with Sylar for a minute before saying "You will make an amazing mum." I decide to try to get answers out of her. "What did Tom need to talk to you about?" "Nothing he needed advice on something, motherly advice." she says. She then picks up Sylar and holds him so I can go change. When I am done Brieanna and Dylan are waiting by the door with Tom ready to go. I go to take Sylar from Helena but she says "Don't worry about him, we'll have a grandma and me day." she says, jokingly. "Okay if you're sure you don't mind." I say, feeling slightly guilty. "Don't worry about it go have fun you deserve it." She says. Tom and I head to the park with the kids. When we get there Tom and I sit on a bench and watch the kids play on the playground. "So how do you like being a mum?" Tom asks, the question taking me by surprise. "I'm not their mother." I say. "I know, but you act like it." Tom says, reaching for my hand. I take his hand and ask "How do you like being Uncle Tommy?" "I'm enjoying it a lot." he says, smiling while watching the kids. Brieanna then comes over to us and says "Mum, will you push me on the swing?" "Sure, baby girl." I say, getting up and following her to the swings, Tom at my heels. Dylan runs over to join his sister, so Tom pushes him. A woman is walking by with her child and says "You guys have the most beautiful children." "Thank you." I say, my face going slightly red. Tom then takes me by surprise and says "We would have beautiful kids." My face has gone completely red. Brieanna then says "Mum, when will you and Uncle Tommy get married and have a baby?" Tom and I both look at each other. I am utterly embarrassed at this point so Tom says "Not for a while sweetie." After the swings the kids run around for a little bit then we decide to head home. When we get there Helena is on the sofa with the television on with Sylar asleep in her arms. "Did you guys have fun?" "Yes." both kids reply. I sit on the sofa next to her and tell her what Brieanna asked us at the park. She laughs. "You know something, Brieanna might be trying to tell you what she wants for Christmas. She winks at us. I put my face in my hands out of embarrassment.