Part 32

Laura P.O.V. 

I can't believe its September already. It seems like the year so far has flown by. Tom's birthday is tomorrow and the kids have been helping me wrap his gifts. Brieanna got him a Slytherin tie, Dylan got him a pair of Slytherin pajamas and Sylar got him a set of golf tees and golf balls. I haven't decided what to get Tom yet. I have some ideas but I can't decide. I'm out with the kids at the playground when I see Anne walking towards me. She comes and sits down next to me. "Hey, how are you?" "Okay, I guess, just still feeling really down about the whole baby thing." I say. She looks at me with a sympathetic look. I try to avoid looking at her as tears silently slip down my face. Anne reaches her arms out and hugs me and I silently cry into her shoulder. "What are you getting Tom for his birthday?" she asks, changing the subject. "I don't know yet, I have some ideas but I can't decide. I think I know what I'm definitely going to get him." I tell her, raising my eyebrows at her. She looks at me and smiles. "I can't think of a better gift then that." she says, laughing. The kids come over and are ready to go home. I pack them up in the car and I drive them home with Anne in the front with me. We are going to drop the kids off and she is going to help me find something special for Tom for his birthday, other then what I already told her I was giving him. We drop off the kids with Helena and head to the mall. While at the mall, we stop in at a clothing store and I pick Tom up a shirt he's been wanting. While at the mall we decide to stop and get something to eat. We head into a small diner. I'm not really hungry, so I just order a salad and a water. Anne orders the same. While we are eating I suddenly feel violently ill. I run to the loo and throw up everything I had just eaten. Anne follows me into the bathroom. "Are you okay hun?" she asks, looking worried. "Yeah, I'm fine, probably just something I ate." I say. I wash my hands and rinse out my mouth before meeting Anne back at the table to finish my food. When we are done we decide to head home. I drop Anne off at Emily's and I head home. 

Early the next morning I wake up early and decide to make Tom his favorite breakfast. While I'm cooking I hear Helena come downstairs. "Do you need some help love?" she asks. "No, I'm almost done." I say, as I rinse the last pan that I had used. I bring the tray up to the bedroom, where Tom is still passed out asleep. I leave the tray on the bedside table and go and get his gift. The kids come bounding into the room and jump on the bed waking Tom up. "Happy birthday daddy." they say, hugging him. "Thank you guys." Tom says. He turns and looks at me and smiles and notices the tray of food. "Did you make breakfast?" he asks. I nod my head. I sit on the bed next to Tom and he kisses me. "Ewwww." the kids say grossed out. Tom and I smirk at each other and tickle the kids until they are laughing like hyenas. Helena walks in and looks at the sight in front of her. "I've never seen anything more adorable in my life." she says smiling at us. "Daddy, when will you open your presents?" Dylan asks. "How about I do that right now." he says smiling at the kids. The kids bound off the bed and drag me into the hall where I kept his presents hidden.  I hand each child the present they are giving to him, taking Sylar's into the bedroom and picking him up out of his pack n play and sitting on the bed with him in my lap. Tom opens each gift and hugs each child in turn. "I have another gift for you later." I tell him smiling. He raises his eyebrows at me and says "I can't wait." 

Later that night, Tom and I are laying in bed. I had just given him his birthday present, when I suddenly feel violently sick. I jump off the bed and run into the bathroom shutting the door behind me. "Laura are you okay?" Tom asks worry evident in his voice. "I'm okay, I'll be out in a minute." I tell him. I exit the bathroom feeling miserable and climb back into bed falling into an uneasy sleep. 

Tom P.O.V. 

I wake up the next morning to the kids jumping on the bed. "Happy birthday daddy." the kids say, hugging me. "Thank you guys." I answer. I  turn and look at Laura and smile and notice a tray of food. "Did you make breakfast?" I ask. Laura nods her head. She sits on the bed next to me and I  kiss her. "Ewwww." the kids say grossed out. Laura and I smirk at each other and tickle the kids until they are laughing like hyenas. Helena walks in and looks at the sight in front of her. "I've never seen anything more adorable in my life." she says smiling at us. "Daddy, when will you open your presents?" Dylan asks. "How about I do that right now." I answer smiling at the kids. The kids bound off the bed and drag Laura to  where she kept my presents hidden. She picks Sylar up out of his pack n play and sits on the bed with him in her lap. I open each gift and hug each child in turn. "I have another gift for you later." Laura tells me smiling. I  raise my eyebrows at her and say "I can't wait."

Later that night, Laura and I are laying in bed. She had just given me my birthday present, when jumps up suddenly  violently sick. She jumps off the bed and runs into the bathroom shutting the door behind her. "Laura are you okay?" I ask worry evident in my voice. "I'm okay, I'll be out in a minute." She tells me. She exits the bathroom looking miserable and climbs back into bed falling into an uneasy sleep. I climb in after her and kiss her goodnight and I also fall into an uneasy sleep.