Part 37

Laura P.O.V.

I've been thinking about the last night I spent with Tom. We are hopefully going to get lucky and be able to have another baby. I also went in for blood work to check to see if I could possibly be pregnant. We have also talked about adoption. We have started to fill out paperwork to start the process and met with a caseworker. They are trying to match us up with a baby soon. I'm sitting in the bedroom with Tom talking about things when his phone rings and my phone rings. I take my phone outside to answer the call. "Hello."I answer. "Hi Laura its Doctor Russell. I have your blood work results back." I hold my breath waiting for her to continue. "I'm happy to tell you that you are pregnant. You are currently four months along." I stop and think back. The last time Tom and I were together was our date night, a few weeks after we lost Mercy. "I'll need you to come in for an ultrasound and you will need to start taking prenatal vitamins and folic acid.""Okay." I say, trying to contain my excitement. "Thank you Doctor Russell." I say. "No problem Laura I'll see you on friday for your appointment." "Okay thank you again." I say hanging up my phone. I stop and think today is wednesday, so my appointment is in two days. I can't wait. I walk back into the bedroom and see Tom looking excited."What are you so excited for?" I ask him. "Our adoption worker called. They found us a baby two in fact a set of twins a boy and a girl, they are due to arrive in December." I stop and think that's in five months, I should be due around then. I decide to not tell Tom right away. "I'll talk to Anne and Emily first." I think to myself. "Are you okay love?" Tom asks, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Yes, that's amazing." I tell him, although on the inside I am panicking. "We already have three kids, how would we manage with possibly six. Especially with three newborns a two year old, a five year old and a eight year old." I think to myself in a panic. I take out my phone and text Anne and Emily. "Hey, can we meet at the coffee shop need to talk." I get a text back right away from both of them. "Be there in five." I head down to the coffee shop and see both women sitting in the cafe with coffees in their hands. "Do you want a coffee hun?" Anne asks me smiling. "No thanks, I can't drink coffee doctors orders." I say. "Since when do you not drink coffee?" Emily says, looking at me funny. A sudden look of realization crosses both women's faces and they both suddenly get huge grins on their faces. "No way!!" Anne exclaims, jumping up and down excitedly. Emily gets up and hugs me. "Congratulations love." Thank you." I say hugging her back with Anne joining in. "Is that what you wanted to talk about?" Anne asks. "That's part of it. You know how Tom and I are looking into adopting?" Both women nod. "Well our case worker found us a set of twins, a boy and a girl, they are due to arrive in December. If my math skills are right I think I'm about five months along in my pregnancy which means I would be due in December, possibly around the time we get the twins. I'm just worried about finances and what will happen with me being pregnant and what Tom will think." I say, feeling my eyes start to fill with tears. "Are you able to get the twins later on like when they are a few months old?" Anne asks. "I don't know, I'm just afraid if we say no to taking the twins, how long it will be before we are matched up with another child." I say, feeling stressed. Emily hugs me and says, "Don't worry you will figure this out. First we have to figure out how you are going to tell Tom and Helena about you being pregnant." I take out my phone and show them pictures of a Bellatrix Lestrange bib and a Draco Malfoy bib and a Slytherin onsie. "Those are perfect." Emily tells me smiling, Anne nods in  agreement. I order the items and they should be in hopefully in a day or two. "So if you decide to get the twins what will you name them?" Emily asks. "I don't know, we haven't discussed names yet?" I say. After we finish talking, I go home feeling a little bit better about the whole situation. "We can do this." I think to  myself, smiling. A few days later the package with the baby items have arrived. I've gone to the doctors and as it turns out my math was correct. I'm due in December. On my birthday in fact.  I've decided to cook dinner tonight.  I then go into the hall closet and take out the bags holding the baby items. I walk back into the kitchen holding the bags. "What's in the bags?" mum asks. "A surprise." I say smirking. I hand each of them a gift bag.  I watch them take the items out of the bags. Mum and Tom's eyes go as big as saucers. "Are you serious?" Tom asks me, excitement evident in his voice. I nod my head. Mum gets up yelling and hugs me. "That's why I've been so nervous and in such a panic. With the baby coming and the possibility of us getting a baby, I've been stressing about how we are going to handle all the kids." I say feeling my eyes filling with tears. Tom wraps his arms around me and says "We'll work it out." 

Tom P.O.V. 

  I've been thinking about the last night I spent with Laura. We are hopefully going to get lucky and be able to have another baby.  We have also talked about adoption. We have started to fill out paperwork to start the process and met with a caseworker. They are trying to match us up with a baby soon. I'm sitting in the bedroom with Laura talking about things when my phone rings and her phone rings. "Hello." I say. "Tom its Allison."  our case worker answers. "I've found  a baby who is a perfect match for you and Laura. Two in fact a boy and a girl. They are due in December. I know you told me that you and Laura are trying to have a baby, and I wanted to let you know, if she is pregnant you will still be able to adopt the twins, and you will be able to get them the day they are born."  "What if Laura is pregnant and is due around or at the time the twins are due?" I ask, nervously. "Tom don't be nervous, you would still get to take the twins the day they are born." she tells me. I breathe a sigh of relief. "Thank you so much Allison, we really appreciate it." "Anytime Tom." she then hangs up. I get a huge grin on my face. I then see Laura walk back into the bedroom.   "What are you so excited for?" she asks. "Our adoption worker called. They found us a baby two in fact a set of twins a boy and a girl, they are due to arrive in December." I can tell Laura looks panicked all of a sudden.    "Are you okay love?" I ask, bringing her out of her thoughts. "Yes, that's amazing." she tells me, although I can tell on the inside she is panicking. " Laura might be pregnant." I think to myself, but I decide not to ask. "If she is, she will tell you when she is ready." I think to myself. Laura then goes to the coffee shop for a bit.  She's decided to cook dinner tonight.  Later that night after dinner Laura gets up from her seat. She walks back into the kitchen holding two bags. "What's in the bags?" Helena asks. "A surprise." Laura says, smirking. She hands each of us a gift bag. She watches us take the items out of the bags. My eyes as well as Helena's go as big as saucers. "Are you serious?" I ask her, excitement evident in my voice. She nods her head. Helena gets up yelling and hugs Laura. "That's why I've been so nervous and in such a panic. With the baby coming and the possibility of us getting a baby, I've been stressing about how we are going to handle all the kids." she says her eyes filling with tears. I wrap my arms around Laura and say "We'll work it out."