Part 42

Laura P.O.V. 

I've been out trying to find a job other then working at the club or if I find one good enough I may quit working at the club all together. As I'm cleaning the house Helena walks into the living room and says "Laura sweetheart I may have a job opportunity for you." I look at her and say "What is it mum?" "They need someone to play a role opposite me as my daughter in Burton and Taylor. I told the director about you and he wants you to audition if you are interested." she says. I notice she looks hopeful. "Okay mum I'm in." I say smiling at her. "Great I'll go call the director now and we can work out a date for you to audition." Mum says happily skipping into the kitchen to go call the director. I shake my head at mum's silliness and continue cleaning. 

A little while later mum comes back into the living room and says "I called the director and he wants us to meet him this afternoon on the set for you to do a reading with me." she says. I notice her give a slight jump in excitement. I giggle at her excitement. "I'll go get ready." I say heading upstairs. When I get upstairs I throw on a cute but simple outfit. I check in on the kids. "Break a leg babe." Tom says, kissing me as mum and I are on our way out the door. "Thank you." I say kissing him back. I see him cross his fingers and blow me a kiss as I close the door on my way out of the house. When mum and I get to the set we meet up with the director whose name is Richard. "Hello Laura, its lovely to meet you." he says extending his hand to me. "Its lovely to meet you as well." I say shaking his hand. "So this is the deal Laura we are going to have you read with your mum and we are going to see if it works." he explains. "Okay ladies lets get started." he says. Mum and I take a script and we read. After a little while Richard says "That was perfect Laura you've got the job." he says smiling at me. "Thank you Richard." I say shaking his hand. When mum and I are out of earshot we hug and cheer. "I'm so proud of you sweetheart. This is going to be great." Mum says. "I can't wait to tell Tom. Hopefully we can figure out a schedule with the kids if you, Tom and I are going to be gone all day filming." I say starting to get anxious. "Laura don't worry sweetheart we will work something out." mum says squeezing my shoulders reassuringly. 

Helena P.O.V. 

I'm home with Laura and the kids and I just got off the phone with one of my directors Richard. I'm working with him on the film Burton and Taylor. The thing is they are looking for a girl to play my daughter and I suggested to him that maybe we could have Laura audition and he agreed to give her a chance. I can't wait to tell her. I currently am finding her in the living room cleaning while the Brieanna and Dylan are at school and Sylar is sleeping in his room. I walk into the living room and say "Laura sweetheart I may have a job opportunity for you." She looks at me and says "What is it mum?" "They need someone to play a role opposite me as my daughter in Burton and Taylor. I told the director about you and he wants you to audition if you are interested." I say. I am really hoping she will say yes.  "Okay mum I'm in." Laura says smiling at me. "Great I'll go call the director now and we can work out a date for you to audition." I say happily skipping into the kitchen to go call Richard, the director. He picks up his phone on the second ring "Hello, Helena what can I do for you?" he asks. "Hi Richard, I talked to my daughter and she is interested in auditioning for the role of my daughter is that possible?" I hold my breath in anticipation waiting for his answer. "That would be great Helena, it would be good to have someone you already have chemistry with so lets do it. Can you both meet me at the studio this afternoon?" he asks. "Sure we will be there." I say excited. "Okay see you in a bit." Richard says before hanging up. 

After I get off the phone with Richard I walk back into the living room and say "I called the director and he wants us to meet him this afternoon on the set for you to do a reading with me." I say. I notice myself giving a slight jump in excitement. Laura giggles at my excitement. "I'll go get ready." she says heading upstairs. When i get upstairs I throw on a cute but simple outfit. I check in on the kids. "Break a leg babe." Tom says, kissing Laura as her and I are on our way out the door. "Thank you." she answers kissing him back. I see him cross his fingers and blow her a kiss as she closes the door on her way out of the house. When Laura and I get to the set we meet up with the director whose name is Richard. "Hello Laura its lovely to meet you." he says extending his hand to my daughter . "It's lovely to meet you as well." she says shaking his hand. "So this is the deal Laura we are going to have you read for with mum and we are going to see if it works." he explains. "Okay ladies lets get started." he says. Laura and I take a script and we read. After a little while Richard says "That was perfect Laura you've got the job." he says smiling at her. "Thank you Richard." Laura says shaking his hand. When Laura and I are out of earshot we hug and cheer. "I'm so proud of you sweetheart. This is going to be great." I say. I'm so excited to be working side by side with my little girl. "I can't wait to tell Tom. Hopefully we can figure out a schedule with the kids if you Tom and I are going to be gone all day filming." she says starting to get anxious. "Laura don't worry sweetheart we will work something out." I say squeezing her shoulders reassuringly.