Chapter 22

Laura P.O.V. 

I wait anxiously for the mail to come. I'm supposed to find out today if I got the kids permanently. I really hope I do. I hear the mail fall through the slot and walk slowly over to it. I pick it up and flip through it and notice a yellow envelope with my name on it. I put the rest of the mail away and sit on the sofa. Tom and Helena walk into the living room. Tom sits next to me and puts his arm around my shoulders. "Open it." Helena says, I can tell she is hopeful. I timidly turn over the envelope and open it. I stop at that point, I can't open it. I hand it to Helena and she knows what I'm asking her to do. She sits on the other side of me on the sofa and opens the envelope. She removes the papers inside and hands them to me. I take them from her and read them. This certificate certifies that Brieanna Leigh Smith has been formally adopted. I saw two other ones, one for Dylan and one for Sylar. I couldn't believe it. I was really their mother. Tom suddenly took me by surprise by kissing me on the cheek. Helena hugs me with tears going down her face. I can't wait to tell the kids, they finally have what they've always wanted: a family. 

Tom P.O.V. 

Laura is waiting to hear back about whether or not the kids are hers or not. I really hope they are. She would be an amazing mum to the kids. I can't wait until Christmas to make us a family of five. The mail arrives and I enter the living room and see Laura sitting on the sofa with an envelope in her hands, I sit next to her and put my arm around her shoulders for support. "Open it." Helena says. We can both sense the hopefulness in her voice. I know she really wants this for Laura. Laura turns over the envelope and opens it. She stops and hands the envelope to Helena. I know she is afraid of it being rejected and I'd be heartbroken for her if it is. Helena opens the envelope and removes the papers from inside and hands them to Laura. I look over her shoulder and read This certificate certifies that Brieanna Leigh Smith has been formally adopted. I can see two other ones for the boys. Laura is sitting stunned and I can see tears going down her face. I lean over and kiss her on the cheek taking her by surprise. "Congratulations love, you'll be an amazing mum." I say smiling at her. She looks at me and smiles tears going down her face. 

Helena P.O.V. 

Laura is waiting to hear back about whether or not the kids are hers or not. I really hope they are. She would be an amazing mum to the kids. I can't wait until Christmas to make us a family.     The mail arrives and I enter the living room with Tom and see Laura sitting on the sofa with an envelope in her hands, I sit next to her and take her hands in mine "Open it." I  say,  hopefulness in my voice. I  really want this for Laura. Laura turns over the envelope and opens it. She stops and hands the envelope to me. I know she is afraid of it being rejected and I'd be heartbroken for her if it is. I open the envelope and remove the papers from inside and hand them to Laura. I look over her shoulder and read This certificate certifies that Brieanna Leigh Smith has been formally adopted. I can see two other ones for the boys. Laura is sitting stunned and I can see tears going down her face. I watch her silently cry for a minute before I see Tom kiss her on the cheek. He then says "Congratulations love, you'll be an amazing mum." I nod my head in agreement and throw my arms around her in a hug.