Chapter 16

Laura P.O.V.

I wake up to the beeping of a machine once again. "How did I get here?" I think to myself. I try to open my eyes, but the light hurts them too much, due to the brightness. Suddenly the lights are out. I turn my head slowly and see Tom standing in the doorway, and I notice Helena asleep in the chair next to my bed. Tom walks over and looks down at me with a concerned look on his face. "Laura, how are you feeling?" I decide to try to lighten the mood, so I reply "Like I was hit by the Knight Bus and the Hogwarts Express." I say. He chuckles. His chuckling then wakes Helena, who looks startled to see me awake. She gently throws her arms around me in a hug. "Oh Laura I was so worried about you." "I'm sorry." I say, feeling my eyes fill with tears over the idea of me hurting her again. "Honey, what's wrong?" Helena asks, noticing my eyes filling up. "Its just ever since I've been with you, all I've done is hurt you." I say, feeling my tears sliding down my face. "Laura don't say that I care deeply about you and I don't want anything to happen to you." I nod my head in reply. Helena looks from me to Tom and then says "I'll leave you two alone to talk." She then gets up and leaves the room. Tom sits in the chair Helena had previously occupied. He takes my hands gently in his. I feel electricity running through me at his touch. He looks at me and says "Laura I wanted to thank you for saving my life." I look at him and tilt my head to the side. "What do you mean, you saved my life I could have been seriously hurt or worse if you hadn't found me." "Well you took a bullet for me and for that I'm grateful." He says. "Anytime." I say. "Laura can I ask you something?"  "Ask away." I say. "Will you go out with me?" "I'd love to." I say. He then does something I would never expect; he leans over and kisses me.

Helena P.O.V.
I fall asleep next to Laura's bed. I'm so glad she's going to be okay. I'm also so relieved she was found. As I sleep I suddenly hear Tom chuckle and I'm startled awake by the sound. I notice Laura is awake. I gently throw my arms around her and say "Oh Laura I was so worried about you." "I'm sorry." She says, her eyes filling up with tears. "Honey what's wrong ?" "It's just ever since I've been with you all I've done is hurt you." Her answer shocks me and I see tears going down her face. "Laura don't say that I care deeply about you and I don't want anything to happen to you." She slowly nods her head in reply. I then look from her to Tom and decide to give them time alone. "I'll leave you two alone to talk." I then exit the room closing the door behind me.

Tom P.O.V.
    Helena and I are in Laura's hospital room waiting for her to wake up. I notice her eyes quickly open and close, so I shut the lights off. I then see her open her eyes. I walk over to the side of her hospital bed careful not to wake Helena. I look at her worriedly and ask her "how are you feeling?" "Like I was hit by the knight bus and the Hogwarts express." I chuckle at her reply. My chuckling wakes Helena. I notice Helena gently throws her arms around Laura and hugs her. "Oh Laura I was so worried about you." "I'm sorry." I notice Laura's eyes starting to fill with tears. "Honey what's wrong?" "It's just ever since I've been with you, all I've done is hurt you." She says. I notice tears sliding down her face. "Laura don't say that I care deeply about you and I don't want anything to happen to you." I notice Laura carefully nodding her head. Helena then looks at me, then at Laura, and says "I'll leave you two alone." She then exits the room. I sit in the chair Helena previously occupied. I take Laura's hands in mine and I feel electricity running through me. I look at her and say "Laura I wanted to thank you for saving my life." She tilts her head to the side and says "what do you mean, you saved my life I could have been seriously hurt or worse if you hadn't found me." "Well you took a bullet for me and for that I'm grateful." "Anytime." She said. I then decide now's a time as good as any. "Laura can I ask you something?" "Ask away." She replied. "Will you go out with me?" "I'd love to." She says. I do a little cheer and then I do something to show her I care. I lean over and kiss her.