Part 29

Laura P.O.V. 

I was thinking about what mum said to me about me and Tom not rushing into having another baby. I know she wants another grandchild and Tom and I really want a baby, but we just don't think the time is right. I'm currently laying in my room reading a book when mum walks in. "Hi love, how are you?" "I'm good, just tired." Mum looks at me with her eyebrow raised. "What?" I ask. "Nothing, just thinking." she says smirking at me. "What's the smirk for?" I ask. "No reason, I've just noticed you haven't been yourself lately." she says, the smirk not leaving her face. "So, I'm just stressed and tired." I protest. "Sure honey, whatever you say." she smirks, walking out of the room. I wait until she leaves and I get up and scamper to my bathroom. I had bought a few pregnancy tests, the last time I was out. Tom and mum don't know I have them. I've been keeping them just in case. I decide to take one and see if mum's hunch is right. Even though she didn't say anything, I know that's what she's thinking. I pull the test out of the drawer and take it out of the box and set it up. I follow the directions as written and wait. I'm a ball of nerves. Part of me is hoping its positive, but part of me is hoping its negative. Don't get me wrong I really want a baby with Tom, more then anything, but the kids are still really young and I don't know how we'd manage. Money isn't an issue but its just with Tom and mom being away filming all the time and with Tom's mum working I'd be on my own. I look at my watch and notice a result should have come up by now. I slowly stand up and look at myself in the mirror. I think about the last time Tom and I had sex. It was New Years, that was four almost five months ago I realize. Hands trembling, I pick up the test and slowly turn it over. I exit the bathroom and can hear mum leaving. "Probably out to run an errand." I think to myself. I then lay on my bed and cry. 

Helena P.O.V. 

I've noticed Laura hasn't been herself lately. She seems different somehow. More tired then usual. I go upstairs and find her in her room on her bed reading. Tom took the kids out with him to run errands, so Laura could have some time to herself. I walk into her room. "Hi love, how are you?" "I'm good just tired." she answers. I raise my eyebrow at her answer. "What?" she asks. "Nothing, just thinking." I say, smirking. "What's the smirk for?" she asks. I think she knows what I'm thinking. I decide to play cool and say "No reason. I just notice you haven't been yourself lately." The smirk never leaving my face. "So, I'm just stressed and tired." she protests. I can tell from the tone of her voice she is thinking the same thing as I am. "Sure honey, whatever you say." I answer, the smirk not leaving my face as I exit her room. What Laura doesn't know is I know she bought pregnancy tests, the last time we went out. I was emptying her garbage can and found the receipt. I walk outside her room and I can hear her scamper to the bathroom. I  take out my phone and text Tom and tell him I'll meet him at the drugstore. I then lean against the wall and cross my fingers. After I hear Laura exit the bathroom, I head to the drugstore to meet Tom. I slip out the door and drive over. I walk into the drugstore five minutes later. "What's up?" he asks me. "Nothing." I say. I walk to the aisle that holds feminine care products. Thankfully he doesn't ask. I turn the corner and grab a box of pregnancy tests. Its a box of three which is enough. I walk back over to Tom. "What's that?" he asks. I can tell his curiosity is getting the best of him. I show him the box and he raises his eyebrow at me. I shrug my shoulders and say "You never know." I pay for the tests and we head home. 

Tom P.O.V. 

I was out running errands with the kids so Laura could have some time to relax. I was running out to the grocery store and on my way back I stopped at the drugstore. I've been thinking about how Laura hasn't been herself lately. She's been really stressed with the kids and with working nights. She still works at the club, which I don't approve of, but she makes good money and doesn't want me to feel solely responsible for having to financially provide for our family. As I walk into the drugstore and my phone buzzes, indicating I have a text. It's from Helena. Tom I need to pick something up at the drugstore I'll meet you and the kids in five. I text back an okay. I see Helena enter the drugstore five minutes later. "What's up?" I ask her. "Nothing." she says, but I can tell she is up to something. I notice her walk to the aisle that holds feminine products. I decide not to ask. I see her come back with a box in her hand, but I can't tell what its for. "What's that for?" I ask, my curiosity getting the best of me. She shows me the box and I notice its a pregnancy test. I raise my eyebrow at her and she shrugs her shoulders at me. "You never know." she says. She pays for the test and we head home.