Chapter 13

Laura P.O.V.
I go up to my room and lock the door. I grab my bag from under my bed and stuff a bunch of clothes in it along with what I would need. I waited until nightfall and until I knew Helena was asleep. I then climbed out my bedroom window and into the night. Once I reached the street, I started walking. I came across a club that was hiring. I walked in and saw a girl in an outfit that looked like a skimpy bikini. I also saw a guy in jeans and a t-shirt. The guy noticed me and said "What do you want?" "I'm looking for a job and I saw you were hiring." I say feeling intimidated. "Okay we'll give you a test run tonight see how you do. Misty will explain the ropes to you." the man says gruffly.  The girl whose name was Misty, led me into a back room and handed me an outfit that looked like a skimpy bikini. I put it on and Misty led me out to the main area of the club. "This is where all the dancers dance". She said as she pointed out the bar, and where people got private dances. After a little while of her explaining things to me and showing me the ropes, I had to dance. As I danced I could feel people slipping me money. After a few hours of dancing the male, who I learned was named David, was the owner of the club. After dancing Misty and I went back to the changing room. I counted out the money I had. "$500 your first night is great" Misty said. I tucked the money away in my bag and decided I would send it to Helena, later remembering what Tim said. Before I left I asked Misty whose real name I learned was Sam. "Hey Sam do you have an envelope and stamp?"  "Yes I do." She hands me the items. I wrote Helena's address and wrote her a note.
"Dear Helena, just sending you some money to help pay expenses like I told you I would. I am well so don't worry. Sending love, Laura
I put the money in the envelope and put it in my bag. On my way out of the club, I passed a mailbox and slid the envelope in. I then headed to the alley I knew all too well and fell into an uneasy sleep.

Helena P.O.V.
  On my way to bed I went to check on Laura, who seemed out of sorts. I opened her bedroom door and noticed she wasn't there. "Laura." I call, looking around the house for her. While I'm looking the postman arrives with the daily post. I take the mail from him and look through it. I see an envelope with something in it addressed to me. I put the rest of the post down and open the envelope. I realize it is full of money. I also find a note that reads "Dear Helena, just sending you some money to help pay expenses like I told you I would. I am well so don't worry. Sending love, Laura 

I look at the money in front of me and count it. "There has to be $500 here."  I think to myself, after counting it out. I start to worry about what Laura is doing to earn the money. I decided to start looking in the local cafes and shops but I'll need some help. I reach for my mobile phone and call Jo, Tom, Rupert, Jason, Helen, Dan and Emma to help me look. I send out a mass text reading "I need help looking for Laura. I was hoping you guys could help me search in the cafes and shops  in the area." I send the text and five minutes later I get a reply from everyone saying "we'll be over in five." Five minutes later I have the group standing in front of me. They all look worried. I notice Tom especially looks worried. "So I'm thinking we can split up and look around town and see if we can find her." "Okay everyone agrees. Tom and I decide to search some of the coffee shops. When we have no luck I feel defeated. "Don't worry Helena we'll find her." Tom says, giving my shoulders a reassuring squeeze. "I hope so, Tom. I hope so."