Part 45

Helena P.O.V.
I've been watching Laura lately and noticed she hasn't been herself lately. She's been overly tired which with working two jobs and taking care of five kids I'm not surprised. She's also been getting sick quite a bit. I'm really worried about her. I don't want to think the worst but its hard not to. I know she's been really busy and hasn't had a lot of time for herself. If she doesn't seem like she's improved by tomorrow I'm taking her to the clinic. I watch her with the twins and think about how much she has matured since I found her two years ago. So much has changed since then and I couldn't be happier with how things are going. The next day I notice she doesn't seem like she is improving so I decide to take her to the clinic. We arrive at the clinic and I watch Laura as she fills out the paperwork. After a while the doctor calls Laura into the office and I follow a timid Laura into the office. We sit down and the doctor walks in a few minutes later. "Hi Laura, so tell me what's been going on?" I look at Laura and notice she hasn't noticed in herself what I have so I pipe up "Laura hasn't been herself lately she's been sick and exhausted for a few weeks now." The doctor looks at Laura and then asks "So what's been going on?" "Well I have five kids and am working two jobs so I'm really busy, plus when mum isn't home I'm looking after my two younger siblings." "Have you been getting sick at all, nauseous and vomiting?" "Sort of." Laura answers. "I'm going to take some blood and run some tests and we'll see what's going on." the doctor says. I watch Laura flinch as the doctor pricks her arm with the needle as she takes eight vials of blood. When the doctor is done she says "I'm going to run the tests and I'll call you with the results in a few days." The doctor then exits the room. I notice Laura getting nervous. I wrap  my arms around her and say "Laura don't worry everything will be fine I promise." I kiss her head and we head out to my car and I drive us home. Over the next few days I notice Laura getting restless waiting for the doctor to call. Every time the phone rings Laura jumps. I know it isn't funny but it kind of is and Tom and I find ourselves laughing a little. We feel bad but can't help it. The phone rings and I answer it. "Hello?" "Hello it's Dr. Russell, is Laura there?" I look at Laura and cover the phone with my hand and say "Laura, it's Dr. Russell she has your test results." I hand Laura the phone and watch as she takes the phone call. I notice Laura's face suddenly go  deathly pale. When she is done she hangs up the phone and slides down the wall to the floor with her head in her hands and I can hear her crying. "Laura what's wrong sweetheart?" I ask wrapping my arm around her shoulders. Laura looks up at me with tears streaming down her face. "I don't want to talk about it." She says getting up off the floor and I watch  her walk upstairs to her bedroom and close the door. I find myself getting very concerned about Laura.

Laura P.O.V. 

 I haven't been feeling myself lately. I've been overly tired which with working two jobs and taking care of five kids I'm not surprised. I've also been getting sick quite a bit. I'm not worried about it.  The next day I notice I don't seem like I am improving so Mum decides to take me to the clinic. We arrive at the clinic and I can feel Mum watching me as I fill out the paperwork. After a while the doctor calls me into the office and Mum follows me into the office. We sit down and the doctor walks in a few minutes later. "Hi Laura, so tell me what's been going on?" I haven't really noticed anything wrong so Mum pipes up "Laura hasn't been herself lately she's been sick and exhausted for a few weeks now." The doctor looks at me and then asks "So what's been going on?" "Well I have five kids and am working two jobs so I'm really busy, plus when mum isn't home I'm looking after my two younger siblings." "Have you been getting sick at all, nauseous and vomiting?" "Sort of." I answer. "I'm going to take some blood and run some tests and we'll see what's going on." the doctor says. I feel myself flinch as the doctor pricks my arm with the needle as she takes eight vials of blood. When the doctor is done she says "I'm going to run the tests and I'll call you with the results in a few days." The doctor then exits the room. I feel myself getting nervous. Mum wraps  her arms around me and says "Laura don't worry everything will be fine I promise." Mum kisses my head and we head out to mum's car and she drives us home. Over the next few days I notice myself getting restless waiting for the doctor to call. Every time the phone rings I jump. I notice Tom and mum laugh at me. To me it isn't funny and I know they feel bad, but can't help it. The phone rings and Mum answers it. "Hello?" "Hello it's Dr. Russell is Laura there?" mum looks at me  and covers the phone with her hand and says "Laura it's Dr. Russell she has your test results." Mum hands me the phone and watches  me as I  take the phone call. "Laura your test results are in. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I notice that although you are displaying many symptoms of a pregnancy and with your past history of losing them I don't think it will last."  I can feel my face suddenly go deathly pale. When I am done I hang up the phone and slide down the wall to the floor with my head in my hands and I am crying. "Laura what's wrong sweetheart?" I can hear mum ask wrapping her arms around my shoulders. I look up at mum with tears streaming down my face. "I don't want to talk about it." I say getting up off the floor and I  walk upstairs to my bedroom and close the door.