Part 38

Laura P.O.V. 

Its Friday and I'm headed to my doctors appointment with Anne and Emily. Tom and Helena both had to work, but I promised to update them later. When we get there I fill out the paperwork and wait. When I'm called Anne and Emily follow me into the exam room. I sit on the edge of the table and wait for the doctor. When she arrives she says "Let's take a look at the little peanut." I lay on the table and she puts gel on my stomach. he then applies pressure and puts the probe to my stomach. Anne, Emily and I are looking at the screen and I know right away something is wrong. The doctor continues to rub the gel around my stomach and nothing happens. I look at Anne and Emily and they both have tears in their eyes. I can feel tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry Laura there is no heartbeat." "Why does this keep happening?" Anne asks, "I don't know." the doctor answers, not making me feel any better. "So will she ever be able to have any other children?" Emily asks. "You and Tom can keep trying, but I'm not sure." the doctor answers. She exits the room leaving me, Anne and Emily alone. "What am I going to tell mum and Tom?" I say sobbing. "We'll figure this out honey, don't worry." Anne says as her and Emily lovingly embrace me. 

After the appointment we stop at the drugstore. I decide to pick up a card to break the news, since I know I can't verbalize the heartbreak. I pick out a card and pay for it. When I arrive back at the house I write the following message "Our child decided not to stay and was taken Home. Unfortunately I don't know if having any more children is in the cards for us. The doctor doesn't know why this is happening, but she has reassured me that I haven't done anything wrong. I'm sorry for breaking your hearts yet again." I then leave it unsigned and leave it with the post from today. Later that day Tom and Helena arrive home. I'm in bed just thinking. I hear mum and Tom enter the bedroom. "Laura what's this?" Tom asks, showing me the blank envelope. "I don't know." I lie. I see Anne and Emily come into the bedroom and they sit on the bed next to me. I watch as Tom opens the envelope and Helena reads over his shoulder. He opens the card and they both read the message inside. I can see Mum's eyes filling with tears. I can tell Tom is angry and upset. After a few minutes mum says "Its not all bad, you still have the twins to look forward to." I nod my head slightly smiling. I notice Tom pondering what mum says and he has a slight smile appear on his face. 

Helena P.O.V. 

Laura is going in for her doctor's appointment today and I'm excited for her. I have to work today so I can't go, but I know she will be in good company with Anne and Emily going with her. Later that day Tom and I arrive home.  We look through the post and notice a blank envelope. We head up to Laura's room and find her laying in bed.  Tom and I enter the bedroom. "Laura what's this?" Tom asks, showing Laura the blank envelope. "I don't know." she says.  Anne and Emily come into the bedroom and they sit on the bed next to Laura. I watch as Tom opens the envelope and I read over his shoulder. "Our child decided not to stay and was taken Home. Unfortunately I don't know if having any more children is in the cards for us. The doctor doesn't know why this is happening, but she has reassured me that I haven't done anything wrong. I'm sorry for breaking your hearts yet again."  it is unsigned.  My eyes fill with tears. I can tell Tom is angry and upset. After a few minutes I say "Its not all bad, you still have the twins to look forward to." Laura nods her head slightly smiling. I notice Tom pondering what I said and he has a slight smile appear on his face.

 Tom P.O.V. 

  Laura is going in for her doctor's appointment today and I'm excited for her. I have to work today so I can't go, but I know she will be in good company with Anne and Emily going with her. Later that day Helena and I arrive home. We look through the post and notice a blank envelope. We head up to Laura's room and find her laying in bed. Helena and I enter the bedroom. "Laura what's this?" I ask, showing Laura the blank envelope. "I don't know." she says. Anne and Emily come into the bedroom and they sit on the bed next to Laura. I  open the envelope and read the card. "Our child decided not to stay and was taken Home. Unfortunately I don't know if having any more children is in the cards for us. The doctor doesn't know why this is happening, but she has reassured me that I haven't done anything wrong. I'm sorry for breaking your hearts yet again." it is unsigned.  I am angry and upset. After a few minutes Helena says "Its not all bad, you still have the twins to look forward to." Laura nods her head slightly smiling. I am pondering what she said and  a slight smile appears on my face.