chapter 10

Laura P.O.V.
We walked into the house, and Tim looks up from his chair where he is reading the paper. "You found the little brat, did you?" "Yes, and she is here to stay," Helena says, giving my shoulder an affectionate squeeze. "Well, if she is staying, she is getting a job and paying her own way." Tim said, getting angry. "She will do no such thing." Helena said, getting defensive. "Helena, I don't mind really I don't. The fact that you are letting me come back is enough." I say. Helena looks at me with kind eyes and says "There is no need sweetheart." "What if I wanted to, you know to help with expenses and such?" I say, hoping I don't sound ungrateful. "That sounds fair. Depending on what job you, get you'll start looking tomorrow and you'll pay Helena 50-100 pounds a week." "Okay." I say. I then head back up to my room not before turning the corner and standing against the wall and listening. "Tim, you are insane." Helena says I can hear her getting mad. "Helena, if that brat is going to be living here, she is paying her own way." Tim says. "Tim, what is wrong with you she's a kid." "I don't care Helena I told you from day one I didn't want her here and yet you bring the little bastard back." At this point, I've decided I've heard enough. I quickly and quietly sneak upstairs and close the door. I then go into my bathroom and lock the door. I grab my razor and slide the blade across my wrist. "I'm done causing problems between Helena and Tim and causing poor Helena so much pain." This is the last thought that goes through my head before I slip into unconsciousness.

Helena P.O.V.
I lead Laura into the house and see Tim sitting in his chair, reading the newspaper. He puts it down when he hears us enter the house. "You found the little brat did you?" "Yes, and she is here to stay." I say, giving Laura's shoulder an affectionate squeeze to reassure her. "Well, if she is staying here, she is getting a job and paying her own way." Tim says, getting angry. I know he is mad that I brought Laura back but I don't care. I love her and I even want to adopt her, I'm going to see my lawyer first thing tomorrow morning to start the paperwork. "She will do no such thing." I say, getting defensive. I can feel Laura tensing up. "Helena, I really don't mind, really I don't. The fact that you are letting me come back is enough." I look at her with kind eyes and say, "There is no need sweetheart." "What if I wanted to, you know, to help pay for expenses and such?" she says. I can tell from her voice she doesn't want to sound ungrateful. Tim then jumps in and says "That sounds fair depending on the job you get, you'll start looking tomorrow and pay Helena 50-100 pounds a week." "Okay," she replies. Laura then leaves the room, leaving Tim and I alone. "Tim, you are insane." I say, getting upset. "Listen, Helena, if that brat is going to be living here she is paying her own way." Tim replies getting agitated. "Tim what's wrong with you? She's a kid." I say. "I don't care Helena, I told you from day one I didn't want her here and yet you bring the little bastard back." I then decide I've had enough of arguing. I then turn around and head upstairs to check on Laura. I open her bedroom door, but it is empty. I walk over to her bathroom door and knock. "Laura honey, are you okay?" I notice the door is locked. At this point I'm getting nervous so I find the key for the bathroom and open it and I find Laura on the floor with a cut on her wrists lying in a pool of blood.