Part 30

Laura P.O.V.

I am laying on my bed crying when I hear Tom and mum come home with the kids. I run into the bathroom and wrap the test in toilet paper and throw it into the trash can with Sylar's diapers. I splash cold water on my face and go back to lay down. "Laura are you okay love?" Tom asks, entering the bedroom. "I'm fine." I say, feeling better. He kisses me and hands me a bouquet of roses. I don't know what I did to deserve him. "Thank you." I say, kissing him. "How are you feeling sweetheart?" Mum asks me. "Okay." I say. The kids run into the room and I throw my arms around them and hug them. "Mum are you okay." Brieanna asks, looking worried. "I'm fine baby girl." I tell her. The kids run off to go play with Billy and Nell. "I picked up something for you while I was out." Mum says, handing me a plastic shopping bag. I can see through the bag and notice she bought me a pregnancy test. "We'll leave you to rest." Mum says, Tom nods his head and follows mum out of the room. I grab my phone and text Anne and Emily, the two people I go to when I can't go to Mum or even Tom. I send a group text to them both saying "Can we talk." they both reply back "sure." I take a deep breath and say "I need a ride somewhere can we meet up?" "sure." they say. "Can we meet at the coffee shop down the street?" I say. I don't want mum and Tom getting suspicious. I head downstairs and see mum and Tom sitting in the kitchen talking. I walk in and say "I'm heading to the coffee shop to meet up with a friend, we might go shopping later." I say, hoping they buy the story. "Okay, sweetheart have fun." Mum says. I hug her goodbye and kiss Tom goodbye and head down the street. When I get there Anne and Emily are sitting inside with coffees in their hand. "Hey, Mrs. Felton." Anne says, teasing me. I playfully glare at her in reply. "so what's up Laura?" Emily asks, getting serious. I take a deep breath and look at them before breaking down crying. Anne and Emily wrap their arms around me and let me cry. Emily hands me a napkin. "What's wrong sweetheart?" Emily asks. "I think I might be pregnant." I say. Both women look at me for a minute before saying anything. "Did you take a test?" Anne asks. I nod my head, tears still flowing down my face like a waterfall. "The result came back inconclusive and I followed the directions to a t." I said. "Lets take you to the clinic." Emily says. I only nod my head as they lead me out to Anne's car. We head over to the clinic and I fill out all the paperwork. I get called in after sitting for about 20 minutes. When my name is called I look at Anne and Emily and signal its okay for them to follow. I need the support. We walk into the exam room and I sit down. The doctor comes in and looks at me and says "So Mrs. Felton, you think you might be pregnant?" I nod my head in reply, hanging my head. Emily is rubbing circles on my back. "When was the last time you were active?" the doctor asks. "New Years." I say. "Okay, so that was 4-5 months ago." she says. "Have you taken a test?" I nod my head at the doctors question. "It came by inconclusive." Emily explains for me. "Okay, I'm going to take some blood and we can run another pregnancy test." the doctor says. I only nod my head feeling ashamed of myself. "Its going to be okay honey." Emily tells me, Anne nods her head. "We'll help you get through this." Anne says taking my hand. The doctor takes the blood and I squeeze Anne's hand. I don't like needles. The doctor takes the vials of blood and says "We should know in a few hours, I'll call you with the results." she says before exiting the room. I leave the clinic a nervous wreck. "Why don't we go out shopping?" Anne suggests. I nod my head and we go to the shopping center. When we get there we head into the first store which is a book store. I head over to the kids book section to pick out some books for the kids. Anne and Emily follow me and notice what I'm looking at. "You thinking about picking up some books for the kids?" Emily asks. I nod my head. I notice Anne has disappeared. "Where's Anne?" I ask. "She went to go look at something." Emily says. I then notice Anne coming around the corner with something in a bag. I decide not to ask. After we finish in the store we decide to head to lunch. We stop at a local restaurant. We are seated in a booth and I look over the menu. I'm really not that hungry, so I decide to just get a salad. While we are eating Anne's phone rings. She picks it up on the second ring. "Hello." she says. "okay, oh, okay, thank you." she says hanging up. Emily and I look at her. "Everything okay?" Emily asks. Anne puts her chin on her hands and says "That was the doctor calling back about your blood work. She said the test still came back inconclusive, she wants you to go back in a week and get blood taken again." I put my head in my hands in frustration. "Honey, don't worry everything is going to be okay, we are going to be here for you no matter what." Emily says. Anne nods her head in agreement. We finish eating and they drop me off at the coffee shop and I head home. "Hi love, how was your outing." Helena asks. "Good." I say. I then head up to my room and close the door and like earlier I lay on my bed and cry.

Helena P.O.V.

Tom and I have arrived home with the kids. We head up to her room to check on her. Laura, are you okay love?" Tom asks her, handing her a bouquet of roses. "How are you feeling sweetheart?" I ask her. "Okay." she says. The kids run into the room and they throw their arms around her and she hugs them. "Mum are you okay." Brieanna asks, looking worried. "I'm fine baby girl." Laura tells her. The kids run off to go play with Billy and Nell. "I picked up something for you while I was out." I say, handing her the plastic shopping bag. "We'll leave you to rest." I say, Tom nods his head and follows me out of the room. "I'm heading to the coffee shop to meet up with a friend, we might go shopping later." Laura says, coming into the kitchen "Okay, sweetheart have fun." I say. She hugs me goodbye and kisses Tom goodbye and leaves.

Tom P.O.V.

Helena and I have arrived home with the kids. We head up to her room to check on her. Laura, are you okay love?" I ask. "Fine, she says. I hand her a bouquet of roses. "How are you feeling sweetheart?" Helena asks her. "Okay." she says. The kids run into the room and throw their arms around her and she hugs them. "Mum are you okay." Brieanna asks, looking worried. "I'm fine baby girl." Laura tells her. The kids run off to go play with Billy and Nell. "I picked up something for you while I was out." Helena says, handing her the plastic shopping bag. "We'll leave you to rest." Helena says, I nod my head and follow Helena out of the room. "I'm heading to the coffee shop to meet up with a friend, we might go shopping later." Laura says, coming into the kitchen "Okay, sweetheart have fun." Helena says. She hugs Helena goodbye and kisses me goodbye and leaves.