chapter 1

Hi, I'm Laura. Let me tell you about myself. I have brown hair and blue eyes and I'm five feet tall. I love Harry Potter. It's my favorite book and movie series. My favorite villain is Bellatrix Lestrange. I walk down the cold London street in the pouring rain. I walk up to a restaurant and start picking through the garbage. I have to do this since I have no home, job or food. As I picked through the garbage, someone sticks their head out the door and says, "Get out of here you urchin." I run away scared. I run a few blocks and then sit on the curb and cry. I haven't eaten in weeks. As I sit there crying, I feel someone come up behind me. "What's wrong hon?" I get up and start to run away, but they gently take my arm. "Its okay I won't hurt you come with me sweetheart let me help you" they say in a calm caring voice. I don't know what made me trust this person, but I think it was her voice. I take her hand and she leads me to a black vehicle.

Woman P.O.V.
I'm walking down the street in the pouring rain, heading back to my car from Pantaloonies, a store I own partly with my friend. As I walked I heard a faint noise. "It sounds like someone crying." I think to myself. I then see a young girl who looks about 12 sitting on the side of the road crying. She is wearing baggy clothes that look like they haven't been washed in months. The poor girl looks like she hasn't eaten in awhile. I can see her ribs and am able to count them. I slowly walked over to her. She must have sensed my being there. I ask her in a calm soothing voice "What's wrong hon?" She looks terrified of me and gets up to run off but I gently take her arm. Surprisingly, she doesn't resist or try to pull away. "Its okay I won't hurt you I want to help you." I tell her in a soothing voice, hoping she will trust me. I then decided then and there that the poor girl has suffered enough and I'm going to help her. "Come with me sweetheart, let me help you." I say soothingly. She seems like she was contemplating my words for a moment before she takes my hand that I have offered to her. I then lead her to my car.