part 74

Laura P.O.V.
Later that night my back pain has gotten worse. I'm in bed with Tom trying to relax but can't get comfortable. "Laura, are you alright?" Tom asks, worried. " I'm fine." I say trying to hide the discomfort from my face. I notice Tom has one of Willow's tennis balls and runs it along my back. I find that it is helping with the pain. As he continues to do this I find my pain getting worse. I'm trying my hardest not to yell, but I am wincing a bit and I can tell Tom is nervous. I crawl off the bed and find myself feeling suddenly nauseous. As I am getting sick I feel my pain getting worse. "Laura, are you alright?" Tom asks, I can tell by his tone he is scared. " I'm okay, I'll be out in a minute. " I tell him. I then look down and notice blood going down my leg. I then see a baby's head. I grab a towel and lay it on the floor. I try my hardest not to scream in pain as I yell "TOM I NEED YOU!!" I'm trying my hardest to breath as Tom comes into the bathroom and notices me on the floor. "What's wrong?" He asks, panicked. " Baby. " I manage to get out as the next contraction hits. "What do I do?" Tom asks, nervous. "Grab another towel and a shoelace." I say fighting the urge to push. Tom runs and grabs the items and looks at me and asks, "What do I do now?" "Catch the baby." I tell him, while pushing. "I can see the head." Tom says. With the next contraction Tom says, " The heads out. " I talk him through how to get the shoulders out as I breath. Once that's done I continue to push as Tom encourages me. "That's it Laura one more time." He tells me. I give one more push and then I feel no more pain. I look at Tom and say " Hand me the other towel. " Tom hands me the towel after wrapping up the baby. I put my finger down the baby's nose and mouth to clear out mucus and the baby let's out a loud cry. I can feel myself breathing a sigh of relief. "You did it." Tom tells me, kissing the top of my head. " We did it." I tell him, kissing him. "Thank you." I tell him. " For what? " he asks. "For helping me bring our beautiful surprise baby into the world." I tell him. I then tell Tom to grab the shoelace and tie off the baby's umbilical cord. He then runs for his phone to call 999. EMTs arrive a few minutes later and the baby and I are loaded up into the ambulance with Tom following behind. Once at the hospital, a nurse takes the baby and checks the baby's vitals. I am wheeled into a room and an joined by Tom shortly after. We sit and wait for word on our newest addition. As we are waiting my head starts to hurt really bad. "Tom, I don't feel right." I say, looking at him. The words were no sooner out of my mouth, I slipped into unconsciousness.

Tom P.O.V.

Later that night I notice Laura's back pain has gotten worse. We are in bed and I can tell she is trying to relax but can't get comfortable. "Laura, are you alright?" I ask, worried. " I'm fine." She says trying to hide the discomfort from her face. I have one of Willow's tennis balls and I run it along her back, hoping it will help. It seems to be helping with the pain. As I continue to do this I notice her pain getting worse. I'm can tell she is trying her hardest not to yell, but she is wincing a bit and I am nervous. She crawls off the bed and I watch her run to the loo with her hand over her mouth. She slams the door shut and I can hear her getting violently sick. "Laura, are you alright?" I ask,scared. "I'm okay, I'll be out in a minute. " She tells me. I then suddenly hear her yell,  "TOM I NEED YOU!!" I run into the bathroom and find Laura laying on the bathroom floor with a folder towel underneath her while she trying not to scream in pain. "What's wrong?" I ask, panicked. " Baby. " she  manages to get out as the next contraction hits. "What do I do?" I ask, nervous. "Grab another towel and a shoelace." She says fighting the urge to push. I run and grab the items and look at Laura and ask, "What do I do now?" "Catch the baby." She tells me, while pushing. "I can see the head." I say. With the next contraction I say, " The heads out. " She talks me through how to get the shoulders out as she is breathing. Once that's done she continues to push as I encourage her. "That's it Laura one more time." I tell her. She gives one more push and then I see the baby come out and I grab it quickly and hold it close to me. "Hand me the other towel. " Laura says. I hand her the towel after wrapping up the baby. I watch her put her finger down the baby's nose and mouth to clear out mucus and the baby let's out a loud cry. I can feel myself breathing a sigh of relief. "You did it." I tell her, kissing the top of her head. " We did it." She tells me, kissing me. "Thank you." She tells me. " For what? " I ask. "For helping me bring our beautiful surprise baby into the world." she tells me.  Laura then tells me to grab the shoelace and tie off the baby's umbilical cord. I then run for my phone to call 999. EMTs arrive a few minutes later and the baby and Laura are loaded up into the ambulance with me following behind. Once at the hospital, a nurse takes the baby and checks the baby's vitals. Laura is wheeled into a room and I join her shortly after. We sit and wait for word on our newest addition. As we are waiting, I notice she doesn't look good. "Tom, I don't feel right." she says, looking at me. The words were no sooner out of her mouth, she slips into unconsciousness.