part 68

Tom P.O.V.
Laura and I will be celebrating our anniversary tomorrow and I can't wait to show her the house. I've been working non-stop to get the house ready, putting the final touches on it with Helena and my mum helping me. As I look over the house one more time, I smile and head home. As I head into the house, I can't keep the smirk off my face. I also can't stop thinking about the nursery that the cast helped me put together as well. I have to say that is probably my favorite room in the whole house. As I walk into the house, I see Laura eating dinner with Helena and the kids. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her neck. "I can't wait for tomorrow." I tell her. "I know I can't either." She says. "Why what's so special about tomorrow aside from the fact it's Christmas Eve." Helena says. "It's our anniversary mum." Laura says to Helena. "That's right, I forgot." Helena says winking at me. 

The next morning, I wake up and jump in the shower. I then dressed quickly and quietly and then decided to make breakfast. I go down to the kitchen and find a note 

Hi guys, took the kids to my mum's, so you guys have the house to yourselves for a little while. Have a wonderful day and happy anniversary. Mum. 

I go to the stove and decide to make our favorite breakfast pancakes. As I finish cooking, Laura comes down the stairs. I can tell she has showered from her wet hair. She smells lovely from the scent of her body wash. She walks up behind me and wraps her arms around me. I find myself going weak in the knees. I turn around and see her reaching for the plates and then watch her as she gets the silverware and the syrup out of the fridge. Once the pancakes are done, we sit down to eat. I look at Laura from across the table and think about how I can't believe how I've been so lucky to be married to my best friend for a year already. The year has flown by. As I take in Laura's beauty, I start to get excited about showing her the house tonight. Once we finish eating, Laura helps me do the dishes and then we decide to go for a walk in the park where I sang her my song a year ago. When we get to the spot, we sit on the bench and the memory comes flooding back. I notice Laura has tears in her eyes. "What's wrong Laura?" I ask. "Nothing, I just can't believe I've been married to my best friend for a year already. It just doesn't seem possible." She says as I watch a few tears slide down her face. I look at her and say, " I have a special surprise for you later." "I have a special surprise for you, too." She tells me, smiling. As we sit, I think about how my life has changed for the better since meeting Laura. The difficulties we have faced as a couple have made me stronger, and I'm so thankful to Laura for being by my side through it all.

Laura P.O.V. 

Tom and I will be celebrating our anniversary tomorrow. I see Tom walk into the house, as I am eating dinner with Helena and the kids. Tom walks over to me and wraps his arms around my neck. "I can't wait for tomorrow." He tells me. "I know I can't either." I reply. "Why what's so special about tomorrow aside from the fact it's Christmas Eve." Helena says. "It's our anniversary mum." I say. "that's right, I forgot." Helena says.

The next morning, I wake up to the smell of pancakes. I get out of bed and jump in the shower. I then dressed quickly and then I go down to the kitchen and find a note.

Hi guys, took the kids to my mum's, so you guys have the house to yourselves for a little while. Have a wonderful day and happy anniversary. Mum.

 I walk up behind Tom, who is at the stove cooking and wrap my arms around his waist and sink into him for a moment taking in the smell of his cologne. I then turn around and reach for the plates and then get the silverware and the syrup out of the fridge. Once the pancakes are done we sit down to eat. I look at Tom from across the table and think about how I can't believe how I've been so lucky to be married to my best friend for a year already. The year has flown by. As I take in Tom's handsomeness, I start to think about tonight and what we can do to be alone for a little while. Once we finish eating, I help Tom, do the dishes and then we decide to go for a walk in the park where he sang our song a year ago. When we get to the spot, we sit on the bench and the memory comes flooding back. I feel tears filling my eyes. "What's wrong Laura?" Tom asks. "Nothing, I just can't believe I've been married to my best friend for a year already. It just doesn't seem possible." I say as I feel a few tears slide down my face. Tom then says, " I have a special surprise for you later." "I have a special surprise for you, too." I tell him, smiling. As we sit I think about how my life has changed for the better since meeting Tom. The difficulties we have faced as a couple have made me stronger, and I'm so thankful to Tom for being by my side through it all.