Part 50

Tom P.O.V. 

The next morning I wake early since it is a Saturday and I don't have to work. To try to cheer up Laura I decide to make breakfast. I head to the kitchen and decide to make her some eggs with spinach and cheese. It's one of her favourite breakfasts. When I am done I open the bedroom door and see the kids jumping on the bed but Laura doesn't seem to even notice. I put the tray of food on the bedside table but Laura just rolls over not even noticing. "Daddy what's wrong with mum?" Brieanna asks. "Mum is just upset sweetheart." I say. I take Brieanna and Dylan downstairs and see Helena in the kitchen. "Good morning." Helena says. "Good morning," I say feeling defeated. "Tom what's wrong?" Helena asks looking worried. "I'm worried about Laura she seems like she is distancing herself from me and even the kids and I'm just worried about her." I say. "Tom don't worry this is normal she is mentally going through a lot right now and she needs time to heal." "Does mum not love us anymore?" Dylan asks. I can see Brieanna looking worried as well. "Of course not mum is just upset about baby." Helena says hugging the kids. "Can we make mum a card to make her feel better?" Brieanna asks. "Of course sweetheart." Helena answers. The kids run off to make her a card as I hear the twins crying. I go upstairs to get them and see Laura on the bed she hasn't moved since I left the room. I get the twins and bring them into our bedroom and sit on the bed with them. They crawl over to Laura and start climbing on her but she just picks them up and sits them on the bed. She climbs out of bed and changes into some clothes. I watch as she brushes her teeth and walks out of the room the last thing I hear is the front door close. 

Laura P.O.V. 

The next morning I feel the kids jumping on the bed but I find myself feeling disconnected and not caring. I see Tom put a tray of eggs on the bedside table but I am not hungry so I just roll over not taking notice. "Daddy what's wrong with mum?" Brieanna asks. "Mum is just upset sweetheart." I hear Tom say. He then takes Brieanna and Dylan downstairs. A little while later I can feel the twins climbing on the bed and climbing on me. I pick them up and move them and they cry in protest but I find myself disconnected. I then climb out of bed and change into some clothes. I then brush my teeth and head downstairs and out the front door. I don't know where I am going and why but I know I just need to get away. As I walk I see people  in the park playing with their kids and I find this making me want to break down and cry. I then find myself at the alley where Helena first found me four years ago. I sit in the familiar spot and break down. After a while it has started to rain. I get up out of the alley and decide to head to the club and work for a while hoping it will take my mind off things. When I arrive I see Sam and she walks with me to the back room and we change before heading out for the night to dance. It bothers me to be doing this but I feel like this is all I can do right now I feel so disconnected from everything and everyone else that I can't explain it. When my shift is done I realize it is four am. Tom would be gone to go to work by now and mum would be getting up soon to get the kids ready for school and daycare. I decide to stay for an extra hour or two to earn some extra cash and to avoid having to answer questions and I know this sounds wrong but I just wasn't in a mood to see my kids this morning. I can tell Sam notices that something is up since I am staying later then normal, Usually when my shift ends I am in a rush to go home and be with the kids before school. When I am positive that everyone is gone I decide to head home at 8 am knowing full well that the house will be empty and I can be alone. When I get home I decide to take a quick shower and crawl into bed and cry. 

Helena P.O.V. 

I feel awful about what Laura is going through. I know she is going through a lot right now and I wish I knew what to do to make her feel better. "Good morning." I say the next morning when Tom walks into the kitchen with Brieanna and Dylan. "Good morning," Tom says, I can tell he is feeling defeated. "Tom what's wrong?" I ask worried. "I'm worried about Laura she seems like she is distancing herself from me and even the kids and I'm just worried about her." Tom says. "Tom don't worry this is normal she is mentally going through a lot right now and she needs time to heal." "Does mum not love us anymore?" Dylan asks. I can see Brieanna looking worried as well. "Of course not mum is just upset about baby." I say hugging the kids. "Can we make mum a card to make her feel better?" Brieanna asks. "Of course sweetheart." I answer. A little while later I watch Laura walk out the front door without saying a word.