Chapter 1

The beautiful landscape in front of Leila's view made her smile.

"Good morning sunrise."She said as she held her pillow. "Well it's you and me."
As she was about to close her cute brown eyes her mother shouted from the corridor.

"Leila. You better come downstairs and buy me some veggies."

"Oh mom"She said angrily to herself and headed downstairs.
"Take this and buy me some green vegetables for today's dinner."

"Okay."She replied and took the money.

She was about to close the door when her mother called."Don't take too long okay?"
In reply, Leila smiled and went.

***
At the grocery shop.....

As usual,Leila was busily selecting the vegetables for the dinner when she heard a familiar voice call her.

"Leila!"She shouted.
It was Janette Mcgal. The states most popular journalist but her age was not a difference after all, it doesn't take a person's age to be something or someone.

Quickly Leila turned to the direction of the voice as Janette headed to her.

"Oh Leila. You are here?" She asked surprised."I thought you all had gone back to Africa to spend this vacation."

"Well not now but I will surely go elsewhere apart from Africa."

"What?"Janette asked almost laughing."What do you mean apart from Africa?"

"Huh?"She said to herself. She couldn't believe what she had said and she had to figure something up or else she would be embarrassed.
"Well we will explore both Africa and beyond okay?"

"Okay."

The minutes ahead were cool they shopped and shopped real good and got their goods checked in no time.

They walked across various shops and houses and it had seemed silence had dominated their senses until Janette decided to break it.

"Leila. I will miss you so much and don't forget to call me."

"Oh Janette."She said and hugged."We are childhood friends and we do what friends do okay?"

In reply, Janette hugged her back.

"See you later."

"See you too."She waved and they all departed to their various destinations.

Leila got to her house and stared at her mother's angry face.
"Mom I'm sorry but Janette...."

"Fine I've heard but hurry up and help me prepare some food for tonight."

It was now in the evening when they were done preparing food.

Kayla then came downstairs to have her food.

"Kayla you didn't even think of helping us ."Susan shouted in anger.

"Mom I was very busy and I'm sorry."She said in a low cool yet regretful tone and went to her.

"I was studying the notes for the festival of joy and I'm the one playing the violin ."

"It's okay but you don't have to always study notes all the time remember you will be twenty in a few months time and you are not a child."

"So why don't you at least share the food for us."Leila interrupted.

"Fine."Kayla said suddenly and snatched the laddle.