Chapter 5

Calmly,she went to the kitchen to prepare some food. There was not a trace of both Susan and Leila.

"Hm. And where are they?" She asked and decided to scan the room.
"Have they gone somewhere? This people are quite something."

She then proceed to what she was doing.

After some minutes,she was done.
She was an expert in cooking breakfasts and dressing them.
She prepared some tea with toasted bread and fried egg and brought them downstairs on the dining table.

As she passed, her eyes gazed on both Susan and Leila. She had gotten used to she being with Leila the most and had never tried to be jealous.
Well,it seemed that had just started.

As she proceeded she heard something which shocked her...

"Leila."Susan said as she stroked her hair."It's okay. You have me here and don't worry. Kayla will never know."

"But what if one day she gets to know at the unexpected time?"She said, sobbing.

"No my dear. Her anger is too high and we all know the kind of girl she is. Unless she completes university,she will never know that you were present when Noah died. And it is for the best."

They continued talking for sometime as Kayla found it hard to process every information she had heard.

"So you were there when dad died right?"She asked clenching her fist.

In shock both Susan and Leila turned to her.

"It's not what you are thinking Kayla."Her mother defended.

Kayla did not bother to look at her mother's face but went to Leila and held her hand.

"So tell me. Didn't you do anything when dad needed you the most?"

But there was not an answer.

She shouted that same question at her but Leila did not answer.

"I knew it."She said to the both of them and dropped her hand.

"You all are imbicilles. How could you hide such a thing from me? You all thought I will not understand?"

"Kayla please..."Susan said but Kayla cut her off.

"No! no!! no!!! Mom. You always defend her for who you call an innocent daughter yet you decided to still stand by her side?
I needed you mom to stand by me but no you always stood in favor of Leila. You did not think about how I will feel about that?"

She stroked her hair.
"Dad always stood by me no matter the situation. I needed the motherly love for m you but you judge my attitude and the way I look forgetting to focus on the inside?"

"Kayla please forgive me."Susan begged."I know I did not really have time for you but I know why and I will tell you."

"I don't need your speeches. What I need now is the peace of mind you never gave to me. I only wish that you all had stayed away from my life that way I can join dad in Heaven."

In an instant,Susan gave Kayla a nasty slap.

"Watch your tongue."She pointed."You don't know the pain I had gone through.

"Yes I don't and you don't either."

She stared at Leila in a dark way, took her breakfast and stormed out of the house.