Chapter 86

She then went back inside and saw Zenith.

"What brings you here?"She asked

"I'm here to see you daughter, Leila."

"Are you her lover?"

"No."He answered.

"Alright."Susan sighed."You know Leila has gone through a lot and might involve you I to it but I fear for her and I don't want anything bad to happen to her."

"I understand your worry for her and I can help."

"The only way you can help is if all this come to an end."Susan cut him off."I see you two are coming closer and if that's for friendship,I don't mind."

Quietly, without saying anything else, Zenith nodded,and his heart was as cold as ice upon hearing that.
It was as if his heart was pierced a thousand times hearing those words from Susan again and again.

But he understood her but as he had said, sometimes in order to make people happy,you make yourself even miserable.

"Leila your friend is waiting."Susan said."Why don't you go out? After all he's your friend right?"

"Are you sure?"Leila asked with concern.

"Yes. When one of those things come here,I have my ladle."Susan replied."And thank you and your friend for helping us out and besides I need to sleep."

"Mom?"

"Hey. Don't mom me. Remember you're grown in the head."Susan cut her off.

"And Kayla where is she?"

"She's in the backyard. She's better alone."

With that she went with Zenith.

**********

They roamed around and conversed together until she remembered she had to call Astha and Lucy. They were really worried about her.

"Astha,Lucy."Leila called.

"Leila."Astha said."How are you calling?"

"I'm not there anymore."Leila responded."Zenith,Ezra and Leinali saved me and my mom too."

"We thank God."Lucy replied."No more of those things anymore. You can even go back to Africa and Egypt especially."

"Egypt?  It's a nice place but seriously I don't want to go there. Maybe later."

"Whoa whoa whoa. What's the egypt and the later? I'm confused."Astha said."Unless you're an egyptian."

"What!?"Leila laughed."My mom's side,well,most of them are egyptians but my mom is only half egyptian and south african and my dad is an american and you all know that."

"This calls for a celebration."Astha said."But your nationality is really confusing."

"You know what I'm coming there."Lucy said."It's about time I say a hello to my people."

"I'll be waiting. For all of you."Leila said."Bye."

***********

"So I never knew you were an egyptian."Zenith said.

"At least I'm an african."Leila said."And a proud one."

"Why don't we continue to what we were doing."He said.

"Fine."Leila agreed."Let's go and wonder."

************
They went to a river in the woods and sat there.

They then conversed real good and had time for themselves.
Indeed she needed someone who can be with her and she had the feeling it might be him.

***************

Kayla watched the wedding of Stephanie's father.

"Really your dad is having a hard time."Kayla said."But it's just a wedding nothing else."

"No Kayla."Stephanie said."Weddings unites people and there are lessons to learn."

"You know what? Let's just watch okay?"

*********

The wedding was then proceeded as everyone carefully admired those lovely couples.

Kayla smiled at what she saw. Indeed they were meant for each other.

After sometime,the wedding ended gracefully.

"Dad."Stephanie hugged him."I'm so glad you've gotten someone who can be with you."

"It's because of you."He father replied."Before your mom died,I had to promise her to continue with my life and you will soon know another loving mother."

"Oh dad. I'm so glad."

"Um hello? I'm still online."Kayla alarmed them.

"And who's this?"

"Dad this is Kayla. My only friend."

"Hi big dad."Kayla said."Congratulations."

"Thank you."He said.