Chapter 73

"Zenith you knew this would happen. Right now Leila is taken."

He stayed speechless and cried."I have put an innocent life at stake haven't I?"

"It's not your fault."She said."You should have banished him to the second realm not the realm of demons."

"I didn't know that was where he was."

"Do you like her?"She asked looking at his expression."You do but if she gets to know what would you do?"

"I don't know."He shouted."I don't."

"It's okay."She went to hugged him."You need to rest."

So she stood up and went.

*********

"Vail I don't know I should do."Astha said."Leila has been taken and Kayla is really depressed."

He rushed and hugged her."Sh... it's okay. Everything will be fine very soon."

"What if I don't see her again?"

"Don't say that Astha. You will see her." He said and headed to the entrance of the room.

"Vail please sit here for the the night. I'm....I'm scared."

He sighed and sat on her bed and Astha placed her head on his shoulder and slept.

************
The next day.......

Ezra woke up and stared at Kayla.
She hadn't woken up at that time of the day.

It was in the afternoon and that got him worrying.

He went out and told his people not to let Elias nor even Isosceles inside how much more Edgar.

He came back to his room after he has changed but did not see her.

"Where is she?"

Quickly he ran outside and looked everywhere for her.

After some time,she came from the dressing room and went.

"She's a human."One it the maidens said.

"And she was in his room."The other said."She's a prostitute."

"Stop talking about me."She shouted."I can't stay here. Where am I?"

She ran and finally headed outside and into the forest.

"I want to go home."She cried."I can't live here."

Her voice was heard by Ezra who was on the other side of his mansion and he vanished.

"Kayla."He called.

"Leave me alone."She said and ran.

But he caught and hugged her."I understand. You don't want to involve yourself into this. It's not for you."

"Just take me home." She said."You're not human so just take me there please."

"I'll bring your sister and mother."He said and teleported her to her room.

He wanted to sit by her and wrap his body around her and at least offer a sense of warmth and security to her but he just couldn't.
He didn't want to worsen the situation so he stared at her for a while and went, feeling sorry for her.

There she tiredly sat on her bed and breathed, calming herself down until she remembered she had to make call.

"Hello Stephanie."She called and said in tears."Where are you?"

"Kayla what's the matter? Don't worry I'll be there."

*******
It did not taken long when Stephanie arrived.

"Kayla."She hugged her.

"Stephanie."Kayla said ams buried her head in Stephanie's hair.

"What's the matter?"

She didn't know where to start. She just couldn't tell her about the pain she was going through even though she was the closest thing to her heart.

All she did was to make a cover of it.
"Sometimes bad things happen unexpectedly  and that's what ...I hate."
She said in little sobs.

"Yes and that's why your friends are there to help you ok?"

In reply, Kayla nodded and prepared herself well.

"I need to tell you something."
She cleared her throat and said.