Chapter 23

"Now you do what you were saying."
He said and tightened his grip.

"Leila."They all said.

"Leave her alone."A familiar voice shouted.

"And why should I?"He replied sarcastically to the voice.

Leila who was almost out of breath saw a figure and the fear started to build in her.

The figure wasn't there anymore,it rather appeared behind him and stabbed him.

"Because I will kill you."He replied and the poor demon spilled out blood from his mouth and burnt into ashes.

Leila then fell onto his arms as everyone watched in surprise except Ezra.

"Thanks."She said and he let her down.

"Zenith."Ezra exclaimed and hugged him without letting him go."How did you get here."

"I'm your cousin and you I'm not really human. After all I will know where you are but you could have killed him."

"Yes but not here and not in front of them"Ezra replied.

"Are these people gay?"Kayla asked and they quickly stopped the hugging.

"No."Zenith replied.

"Hi Zenith it's a pleasure to meet you and thanks for saving us. You are our hero. Physically..."

"You're welcome."He replied. "Let's go. We have a lot to do."

"And where are we going?"Lucy asked."there are two men or boys and there are four girls here and please we don't really trust you and..."

"I understand you but you have no other choice.."He cut her off."I killed a demon here and I know what I'm doing and I can help you all or you can stay here and let them come again to kill you all."

"No. I'm going."Astha said and held Leila's hand."And you all should. Her mom is in grave danger and we must help even if we might see things we haven't seen before."

They all started walking except Kayla and Lucy.

"We will be killed."Lucy assured and started walking with them with only Kayla who stood there, speechless.

"Hey Kayla won't you come?"Ezra shouted.

"No...I...won't."She shouted in anger.

He came back and stared at her in anger.
"Seriously?"

"Why are you staring?"She asked and was about to go her separate ways when he held her hand and pulled her.

"Leave me alone."She said but that sounded nothing to him.
"Are you deaf? Leave me alone."

Her words only made things worse.
He carried her on his shoulder and walked to the others.

And no matter how she begged,he always turned a deaf ear to her.

They walked and walked and it was really dark.

They were in a certain forest.
"Let's rest for now."Zenith said to all.

"In the middle on nowhere?"Kayla replied.

Ezra who was already fed up with her nonsense put her down hardly.

"Aww....."She groaned."You are not a man at all."

He bent and replied coldly."Well...I'm not."His reply sent cold waves into her.

Leila saw some sticks and gathered them lit a match on it.

At least it wasn't that dark anymore.