Chapter 84

He was about to walk pass her when she called his name.
"Don't think of doing that. The day you get your mate,you'll understand."

He scoffed and went.

****************

Susan who sat beside Leila did not utter a word with the others. What she did was to stare at them and that made Leila worry.

"Mom?"Leila said."Are you alright?"

"No I'm not."Susan replied."How do you expect me to be? Leila you're changing. It seems you don't even know Kayla at all."

"What are you saying?"

"Did you wait for her to explain why she did that? No right? Yet you decided to disgrace cher in front of these people.
You know,Kayla is a secretive person. She does not like to expose her stuffs and she has her reasons. Mostly the annoying things she does always benefits us."She said."But the way you reacted towards her will make her feel she's not part of the family. It will make her feel as though she has been kept aside and I don't want that."

Indeed what Susan has said was correct. Words speak better than actions and that was what Leila showcased.

"I've been always by your side and even if you were wrong,I always sided with you. Now you're grown and she's not. I couldn't give her the love I gave you and that has moulded her to who she is now. Don't judge things like that. Your father had once warned you."

Susan then stood up and headed to her room.

Zenith who was passing by heard their conversation.

Leila who sat down was speechless.
"Have I?"

*****************

After eating, Kayla changed and headed to her bathroom.
She came out some minutes later in her creamy nightwear.

She stared at the mirror and touch the spot Leila had slapped.

Without thinking much,she washed her face and wiped it when she saw that mark on her neck.

She thought it would have gone but it looked so fresh and unharmed and that was confusing.
At least she ate fruits a lot and it would have gone but no,it was still there as though it was the first time it showed.

Was she even sure that it might be her nails that did that?
Now,she was more confused.

"My nails did it."She asked herself."Didn't it?"

With confusion on her face,she sat on her bed until someone decided to knock on her door.

"Please don't tell me it's her."She said and headed to the door."I want to sleep so please don't worry me."

"It's me."Leila said.

"I don't have time for that."She said and did not even think of opening the door."You used my face as your punching bag and disgraced me. Seriously."

"I..I'm sorry."Leila said.

"Yeah I get you."Kayla replied."Now....GET OUT!!!!"

The anger behind Kayla's voice did not even make Leila think of going in.
Without worsening the case,she left as more tears flowed from her eyes.