Chapter 53

The fact that she could easily change her mood and be tricky made him like her.

"Care to join?"She asked shocking him more, making him jealous for which he could not understand.

"I wish I could but I can't."Kai replied feeling sorry."I have to attend to other stuffs."

"Okay Bye."And he went.

"Yes...?"She asked due to the way Ezra looked at her.

"Sir please I want some barbecue."

"Alright Kayla."He said and gave her more than she could ask"Today is Tuesday and the first ten couples get it all for free."

"We are not.... couples."She said.

"Oh? But you look really good together. I bet you all will be perfect."He said."At least you've been true to yourself. Have this. It's all for you."

"Jeez thanks."She said and the eating time, begun.

As they ate,Ezra asked her of how she met Kai and Kayla answered him.She was hungry and did not have any other choice.

And Kayla asked of how he met Isosceles,as she would tease;the triangle and he told her he had met her at a certain party.

"Okay."She said and started snapping some pictures.

"Why do you take pictures?"

"To appreciate what I like best."She replied.

"And what's that?"

"Me!"She said almost shouting."Look. I'm only a teen and I do what teens do. Take a picture?"

**********
They took so many pictures and headed to Kayla's house after.
There she roamed around as the images of Susan started to appear in her mind.

The way they could laugh together every halloween with their scary costumes and the way they always sang christmas songs and lit christmas lights and put on it's star.

She went to her room and took her violin case.

"You really like it here."He said.

"She sighed heavily."Yeah..."And took a glimpse of the house."I'm done. Can we leave?"

He nodded and walked.

*****
Evening.....

"Has anyone seen my sister?"Leila asked concerned.

"No I haven't."One of the helpers said."But can you do me a favour?"

"Yes I can."

"The basement is the last door on the hallway."She said."Please bring me a vase."

"That I will do."

Obediently Leila went to the basement and saw the vase.
She took it and saw a scroll and curiously opened it.
There she saw the map of a certain area with weird symbols written on it.
So,she placed the scroll in her pocket and went outside.

"Here."She said and gave her the vase.

"Thanks."

****
It's around seven thirty in the evening and Leila's worry for Kayla grew stronger.

She roamed around but did not see her. She just went to her room and headed to the bathhouse.

She came out some minutes later in her night wear and opened the scroll.

She had seen the symbols on it until she had remembered they were the zodiacs.

In order according to the map,she mentioned each symbol one by one.