Chapter 31

"What?"She said almost laughing."Are you an immortal or what?"

Her question crept a smile on his face."I'm not. You go to various shops. And with time you will get used seeing people who own it."

"Perhaps..... eventually"

"About that. The one who took your mom is not a good person at all."

"Eh? Do you know him?"

She even made him swallow the remaining words.

"No."He replied. "I don't but I will help you find her."

"And have you forgiven me?I was there but I.....did not mind."

"It's okay."She replied."You were scared and I understand. I let my anger control me by then and I know you will do the same if you were in my shoes."

He turned and smiled faintly."Thanks."

"Okay.....but does this has to be in the study?We could just talk it outside."

He himself did not know why but Leila is in search of her mom and Kayla....well.....she too is on the track. But if he has to help her,then he will. Of course he was there but did not mind helping.

"The others might hear and I don't want that."

"Ok...Your highness."She replied sarcastically and bowed."I'm leaving."

With Zenith alone,he watched the view and went out later.

******

It's been four days since they sailed. The bond of Leila and Zenith became stronger.
They at times walk around the ship and forest.
For Kayla,she preferred staying in the ship.
Her attitude changed and it got Leila thinking.
So she decided to talk to Ezra.
She finally found him walking towards her.

"Ezra."She called."I want to talk to you."

"Go on."

"Are you responsible for my sister's sudden change?"

"You noticed but I'm not. At least be glad. She's not angry anymore. just.....reserved."

"Just reserved?She's only like that if someone has made her angry."

"Well that's not my business."He said."Focus on finding your mom. It's a quest you have to complete."

"Look here. If I find out that you are the one responsible for that,you of all people will be solely sorry."

"It seems you have inherited your sister's habit."He patted her head."That's good."

He left without letting her say a word.

Now it was Ezra's mission to talk to Kayla and sort things out or else her sister will definitely kill him with her words only.

******
Janette,the state's journalist was worried about Leila.
After meeting her at the grocery shop,she never picked up her phone when she called.

She went to her house but found no one there.
That's when she remembered they went back to Africa.

But something told her otherwise or else Leila will call surely her.

She went to Astha and Lucy's houses but none was there.

So,she decided to call Astha instead. After all,apart from her she was Leila's closest friend.

"Hello?"Astha responded.

"Oh hi Astha. It's been long. How are you?"She asked with an uncertain smile on her face.