Chapter 83

"I know you're not asleep."Susan said and placed her food on the nearest table."You know what,if you did sided with a demon to help find me then I owe you everything."

But for Kayla, she decided to close her ears and go into a deeper sleep.

"I might not see what you want me to see about you and Leila does not either and I'm sorry for not telling you about your father's death. By then Leila was only seven years old and she had seen something the eyes was not able to see. That's why I had always pampered and cared for her. I just....I just did not want her to suffer due to her father's death. Even those she told did not quite believe her."

That at least made Kayla understand her mother's attitude.

"Now she's grown and will find someone far better than me."Susan said."Now that I'm here,I will mend my mistakes and show you the motherly love I couldn't give to you."

With that,she wiped her tears and stood up."Your food is on the table. Just in case."
She then left the room and closed the door.

With tears in Kayla's eyes,she grabbed her pillow and hugged it tightly. At least to stop the uncontrollable emotions.

After some minutes,she went to eat her food as she thought of what her mother just told her.

******************

"So you did not kill them?"Edgar asked his sister but her expression could tell."Can't believe it."

"But I have something else to say."She said.

"And what's that?"

"Leila thinks Kayla joined you in order to take her away. She's really taking it to the heart. She would not even listen to what Kayla wants to say. She doesn't believe her at all." Petra narrated."That is a real shame."

That at least made him cheer."Well I did not expect that. But we can use either one of them. Leila is close to Zenith and Kayla might be for Ezra. Once we play our cards well, Zenith and Ezra will be dismantled. For good."

"But... isn't that too much?"She asked."You can fight with them but just leave the mortals alone."

"And when did you start asking questions?"He angrily asked and held her neck." His mother killed our father. Are you trying to manipulate me?"

But she did not mind answering. She only stared at his face and wondered why such hatred had made her brother change like that. Why he consumed such hatred.

Looking at Petra's expression,Edgar let her go as Petra soothed her neck.

"What is wrong with you?"She asked."You think I have the time to manipulate you?"

"You once betrayed Zenith. Betraying me will not be of any difference."He said until an idea hit his head."Or you still love Zenith."

"I don't."

"You do."He said."Just pray I don't get my hands on him or else...."

He was about to walk pass her when she called his name.
"Don't think of doing that. The day you get your mate, you'll understand."