Chapter 8

She felt numb and weak and was about to give up when she saw a figure behind him.

The figure held his hair and yanked him aside as she turned aside and slept.

"That the hell are you doing?"Elias asked.

His question gave him a blow as an answer.
"How dare you touch my woman?"

Now he started picking up the pieces in his head.
"You marked her."

"Yes I did and no one is allowed to lay eyes on her."

"Ezra I don't have time for that. She's a human and you are not so I will take her."

"Not when I am alive."
Ezra stretched his daggers and fought with Elias.

Elias punched him and took the lead.
"It seems you've been taking classes."Ezra said as he wiped the blood oozing from his mouth.

"Leave."Elias shouted and was about to punch him again when Ezra cut his arm.

"I don't want to hurt you so leave here."

"You are such a fool."Elias said out of disgust."I never considered you as a friend at all and you are ready to risk your worthless life for this human?"

"That's none of your business."

"Then go to hell."Elias whispered and the fight continued.

In the beginning Elias led the fight but as time was passing,Ezra took over.
He beat him well until he lied on the ground almost motionless.

Ezra turned to Kayla and used his  anorak to cover her.
He then felt a sharp hit on his head and there he knew Elias had woken up.

Smartly,he dodged the second hit and pushed him aside.
"It seems you don't like the soft way."He said coldly. "Greet the devil when you meet him for me."

And with that,he skillfully sliced his head out of his body.

"That's one down and others to kill."

He carried Kayla and in a blink he vanished.
******
Elias and Ezra were the closest of friends. They weren't humans but they acted as one. They could walk in the midst of humans and even talk to some of them.

But Elias became jealous of him. Of course,Ezra was a prince and Zenith,a person you would later see in the chapters ahead was his cousin.

He had everything an immortal could possibly ask.
And due to his wealth, everyone always came to him and left Elias aside.

Due to his strong jealousy for him,Elias decided to continue his friendship with him and later kill him. After he would take his place and rule his domain.

******
Leila recited the "Hail Mary" and went in front of the church to give out her offering.

She did not bother looking around but those around looked strangely at her.

Quietly,she sat at her place and wiped the remaining tears in her eyes.

As she sat all alone, the bishop came to her.

"Young one."He said."What is wrong?"

"Father."She sobbed and looked at him."Sometimes home does not give one a peace of mind does it?"

He sighed and sat beside her."Yes that is true and that's why I'm here to help you find peace somewhere in your heart."

"Right now I came here to relax and calm my soul and mind."

"I might not know what you are going through but if you need a helping hand just alert me."

In reply,she nodded her head and he went.

Little did she know what was coming....
She closed her eyes and as she felt the breeze.

She opened her eyes some seconds later and saw no one in the church.

She did not feel anyone pass by her and she did not hear their footsteps.

All of a sudden,a really cold air blew into the church scaring her.

She hurriedly took her phone and was surprised when she saw the time. It was just 7:15pm.
She rushed outside and not even a car passed.

"What is happening?"She asked herself."Is there a funeral I know nothing of?"