Chapter 38

They roamed for hours and saw Kayla in the library.
Kayla who was selecting some books heard footsteps approaching her.

Quickly,she stopped and headed to the door.

"Oh. Hey."She waved.

"Hey Kayla. What are you doing here?"Astha asked.

"Reading some books."She said and headed back in."Care to join?"

"Okay..."

They sat down and discussed about the trip on the river before coming to Getra.

They read some books but Kayla rather regretted reading it.

"Um...Are you okay?"Astha asked.

She sighed."Yes. Good as dead. The books are too... someway. They talk about demons, shape-shifting wolves,dracos,vamps and some wierd looking symbols,"

"What do you mean by draco?"Vail asked eager to know the answer.

"Dragons. That's what I call them.dracos. Human dragons. Like they have wings like that of a dragon and not like an angel. And in case you will ask, vamps are vampires."

"Yeah."

"I didn't know you could read and learn such things."Astha asked.

"Yeah. There are so many facts about me not even Leila knows."

"Like what?"

"Um...I really like reading books and I have won a lot of awards based on my technological intelligence and I can fight but not that good."

"Alright."Praised Astha."But what one secret about you do you have?"

"Um.... I have my HQ below the house. Isn't that cool?"

"Wow. You built that?"

She nodded in agreement."With my dad."Sadness started to build up."Before he died."

"Sorry. You have had some adventures with your dad. Like who wouldn't have a personal headquarters under the house?"

"Yep. Good old days."

"Hey. Remember the good past and focus on the future ahead."Vail cut her off.
" Sometimes bad luck pass our way only to make things better and learn from our mistakes."

"How?"She asked.

"You will know. Sooner or later."

She nodded."But look,you and Ezra speak good speeches. Do you guys write recitals or what?"

"No. Sometimes what you go through teach you what to say?"

"Okay.Well...."She stood up."I'm done. I'm going to get some fruits to eat. Why don't you roam about or spend sometime together."
She walked heading to the door.
"Who knows maybe you too would fit a perfect match."

With that,she went leaving them alone admiring each other.

*********
"Master.... please!!!"A young man shouted."Please let me go. I will not run away again. Please..."

The young man held by two unemotional humans cried as he screamed for help.

He knelt down when he got to Edgar."Please I will do anything but please don't kill me."

"And you think so?"He said coldly.

"Edgar. Don't mind him."Petra said."He will only soften your heart."

He held his glass cup and took a sip of his red wine."Tie him up."

His people tied him up with iron chains and gave Edgar a dagger."

"You tried to run away from me."He said in the poor man's tone.