Chapter 10

"I'm sorry."He held her hair and wiped her tears."I have to kill you."

"Not on my watch."Susan said angrily.
She opened her bag and poured some holy water on him.
He burnt for sometime and held her neck without touching her.
And in a blink he yanked her aside.

"Mom."Leila whispered and out of anger she used her elbow to hit his chest and ran to Susan who was unconsciously lying in the ground.

"Please wake up."

"Leila...."

"Let's go."

She picked her up and opened the car for her to sit in.

To her surprise,he did not attack them. He just stood there smiling at them.

Quickly, Leila got into the car and started driving.

Quickly, Leila turned the steering wheel and drove their way out.

"Mom what does that have to do with me?"Leila asked."Why does he want to kill me?"

But Susan said nothing. She didn't even know where to start.

But Leila kept asking her bugging her mind until Susan decided to shut her up.

"I don't know!"She cut her off."I... don't...know Leila."

But she knew her mother was lying. The tone of her voice could tell.

She was just confused, frustrated and somehow angry and that removed her mind from what she was doing, driving.

Susan noticed that man standing there. Of course Leila would have noticed that but she was out of mind and that made her scared.

Finally Leila came back to her senses only to see it was too late.
She tried hitting the brakes but it didn't work and that surprised her.
All she could do was to turn the steering wheel and she did and that made the situation even worse.
The car had hit a nearby tree and now they all knew they couldn't run away from this.

*******

"Where are you all going to?"He asked in his deadly calm and dark tone."You can't escape from me."

And with that he pointed at Leila.
"And you....will not go anywhere."

Without wasting much time,the two ladies went out of the car and held their hands, contemplating on whether to run or not and their reactions just made him smirk.

"Mortals."He scoffed and walked to them."You are a very stubborn but strong one lady.Why don't you join me...."

"I will rather die than to join a demon like you."She told him.

"It's your choice young one."He said."Such a mortal. No mortal would have come out alive from all this but you all have especially you and so it's your choice. Either you join me or I will take your mother from you and that will serve as a punishment for you and those who will cross my path."

That alone made her speechless. She couldn't just join him or let her mother go.
She was with her in her good times and in her bad and letting her go would be a problem to her and Kayla especially would not take that easy.