Chapter 43

"Yes I have."She replied and used the wooden spear to stamp the floor twice."Continue?"

"Good. Who knows maybe I might become better than you."She said sarcastically.

"Let's see."He smiled wickedly and continued.

For some hours, Leila improved very quickly. The two weeks she practiced finally paid off.

She rolling in a perfect circle,she posing with the spear whenever she gets down,she turning the spear round and round and she quickly dodging his attacks surprised Zenith a bit.

"You're a fast learner."He praised her."That's good. With a little push,you will learn how to use the spear very well.....like a true African."

"Thanks."She said and they left together."About your hair,why do you leave it long like that?"

"Why do you ask?"

She laughed as they walked through the hallway."You look like an anime."

"I don't."He said.

"You do. Or you look like an ancient chinese prince eh?"

"Hey."He said and punched her shoulder softly."I don't okay."

"Naa...I think it's a custom here. Some others leave their hair long like that. Like Vail. At least his blonde hair is shorter reaching the neck."She pointed.

"Ezra's own is short. How about that?"

"Um.....I don't know?"

"Good."He said."Why do you always tie your hair like that?"

"Ah? Because I like it that way."She replied.

"That's why I leave my hair like that cause I like it that way."

"Ooh."She said silently.

As they mingled,the palace reddened.
The bright light of the sun suddenly reddened.

"What's happening?"She said in fear.

"I don't know."He replied and went to the window.
The clouds had reddened and an earth tremor had started but gladly it suddenly stopped.

Even Astha and Vail saw that together with the rest of those in the palace.

**********
Back home, everyone busily going about their business did not know what was coming.

The sky reddened and there was a massive earthquake.
Buildings collapsing, people injured became the top of all news.

People in their various rooms and houses,in their workshops and companies saw the event.

Janette who was in her room also saw the incident, hurriedly packed her stuffs and went out.

There she recorded and detailed the whole incident.
As a true journalist, Janette said everything as though she was narrating the trailer of a movie.

The news had spreaded to all cities, countries and even continents.
For indeed the whole world saw it and the world is thinking that this world as we know it is coming to an end.

Kayla's phone beeped which convinced her to take it.

She watched the video and was shocked to see what she had saw.

"The natural disaster is happening there too?"

*********
Leila too had the message and watched the video and was speechless.
"Zenith you have to see this."She said and together,they watched the video in total shock.

*******
"As a journalist, I Janette Mcgal,is saying that if we do not take immediate action,it might be too late and this world as we know it might come to an unchangeable end."