Chapter 4

He paused after and looked at her face. Her eyes were a bit swollen and her cheeks were wet.

In anger,he disappeared from the room.

The next day.....

Kayla tiredly woke up unaware about what had happened last night.

"Thank o God."She yawned.
She felt her back and neck ache.

She rushed to the restroom and looked at her reflection at the mirror.

She looked quite pale and her hair had really scattered.
Staring at the mirror for some time,she tied up her hair and washed her face.

She took a towel and was cleaning her face when her eyes fell on her neck.

The mark scared her but she wasn't sure whether it was what she saw.

So she took a closer look and was shocked when she saw it again.

"Who would have done this to me?"She asked as she touched it.
"Maybe I slipped and fell and my nails pierced it."

So with that,she went into the bathroom and took her bath.

***
The question is will she meet the one who had actually done this to her and will she forgive him if he tells her?
How about it's meaning about the faint mark on her neck?
Let's dive into the chapters ahead to find out.

*****
Leila was at the hall going through some books. She felt bored some time later and took her flute from the wardrobe.

She gently gazed at the background in front of her and started playing.

The melodious music resembled that of Monody by FatRat.
It was her favourite song and there was not a day she would never play that song first when ever she took her flute.

As she played,her mother stood beside the door listening. She was into the song to the extent that she would not care who was around.

To her a concentrated mind is never distracted.

"That was not quite bad."Susan smiled and gave her an applause as she walked closer to her.

"Thanks mom."She turned and replied.

"But why do you always play that music?"

She took a deep breath and answered."Dad used to play that music when I was seven. He was quite a great flutist."

"I'm sorry Leila. I know what you are going through and I don't want you to still go through that pain that's why I'm always by your side."

She touched her shoulder.

"Kayla might never understand and she might have some jealousy for you but I understand. She is quite the tough one and with time, we will tell her everything."

She turned with tears in her eyes. She then hugged her as she cried onto her.

"It's okay Leila. It will be alright. Just concentrate on the present so that your condition will not worsen."

In reply,she nodded and closed her eyes.

*****

Kayla had just prepared herself and her room and headed downstairs.
This time she did not make any grand entrance as she was the expect.