Chapter 10 Hiring

In addition to the betrothal silver, the betrothal gift is also very important. How much the betrothal gift is, it can be seen from the betrothal gift whether the future husband's family attaches great importance to the woman or the brother.

Wei's father and Wei's mother would never prepare a good betrothal gift for the Zhou family. Wei Cheng took this into consideration. Fortunately, he prepared himself.

I went directly to the county jewelry store to buy jewelry and put them in a carved wooden box.

To go to the next job, you have to have a new set of clothes. Wei's father and Wei's mother don't pay attention to the Zhou family, and Wei Cheng pays attention to it. How could he not pay attention to the great joy in life.

Wei Cheng bought a royal blue cotton gown with simple patterns on the cuffs and neckline.

During this period of time, I had meat and vegetables to eat, and every day I got up to do boxing exercises. It turned out that the complexion was dry and yellow, and the face was haggard and sour.

On the day of the appointment, Wei Cheng's parents deliberately wore bright and bright clothes. They didn't care much about the country brother, the daughter-in-law. They came to show off.

They are county townspeople!

Wei's father and Wei's mother saw that Wei Cheng was dressed in a royal blue gown, tall and straight, with a handsome face.

In their hearts, they all felt that their second son seemed to have some uncertainty. He had an extraordinary bearing, his back was not hunched, and his waist was straight. If he changed into a brocade-patterned gown, he would look like any rich and noble son.

"Second brother, you should dress better in the future. Today, this outfit will look like someone from my Wei family."

Although they feel that the second son is different, Wei's mother and Wei's father still think the eldest son is the most important, even though Wei Cheng looks handsome in this outfit, In the hearts of Mother Wei and Father Wei, their impression of Wei Cheng in their hearts would not change all at once.

"Mother, what you said is." Wei Cheng responded.

Wei's mother is satisfied, the second child is obedient enough.

The Wei family hired a carriage and instructed the driver to drive the car. Matchmaker Zhang and the driver sat outside the carriage.

The Zhou family cleaned the house to a spotless spot yesterday. The Zhou family did not wear old cotton and linen clothes for work, but put on ordinary cotton clothes, which are only worn during Chinese New Year and festivals.

The Zhou family went to the market specially yesterday to buy two catties of white sugar, one catty of long crisp candy, and half a bag of tea to greet the Wei family and their guests.

The children in the family watched eagerly. Mother Zhou only gave each child a bowl of sugar water. Longsutang was to greet the Wei family and guests, but she did not give them to the children.

All the relatives in the family can come. The two elders of the Zhou family, the eldest aunt of the Zhou family, the aunt of the Zhou family, and her daughter, Zhou Yuan's cousin Zhou Xiaorui, a fifteen-year-old girl, has a sweet appearance and a mouth. Sweet, wearing a pink dress.

Zhou Xiaorui and Zhou Yuan have an average relationship. She has a better relationship with her cousin Zhou Lanlan, which may also be the reason for her daughter.

Zhou Lanlan didn't come today.

I don't know if it's to avoid suspicion, or to feel compelled.

The Zhou family gathered in the house to chat, waiting for the Wei family to arrive.

The Wei family came here at a good time. They rode a carriage into the village, and the carriage stopped outside the Zhou family's yard. The villagers of Qinghe Village looked at the carriage with admiration.

It was rumored that the Zhou family could not marry, but now people not only marry, but also marry into the county seat.

The villagers of Qinghe Village had guessed the appearance of Wei Cheng before, maybe he was average, or he was short and fat.

Wei Cheng got off the carriage, tall and handsome, with Wei's father and Wei's mother bright and beautiful, and the people in Qinghe Village were envious when they saw it.

Seeing that Wei Chengying was outstanding, the girl blushed shyly.

The Wei family is so high-profile, dressed in bright clothes, and riding in a carriage, all thinking that the dowry gift from the Wei family to the Zhou family must be generous.

When people entered the yard, the onlookers began to discuss.

"The Zhou family is lucky!"

"No, marrying a brother, marrying an in-law or from the county seat."

"Guess how much the dowry is?"

"...It should be a lot!"

... ...

The Wei family came, and the dowry came in as well.

The villagers gathered at the gate of Zhou's house to watch the excitement, craned their necks and wondered how much the bride price was.

There are limited dowry gifts in the countryside, and they are basically carried or carried in big red baskets.

The coachman acted as the betrothal gift, and took down four big red baskets from the carriage.

When the dowry starts, both families enter the main room.

After chatting for a while, after being seated, the matchmaker Zhang sang the gift list.

The Wei family gave the Zhou family a betrothal gift, three taels of silver, two chickens, four pounds of meat, two pounds of peanuts, melon seeds and red dates candy, two pounds of happy rice, twenty wedding cakes, and two bottles of wedding wine.

The betrothal silver and betrothal gifts offered by the Wei family are quite satisfactory, and there is absolutely no popularity in the county.

However, in the country, no matter if you marry a girl or a brother, it is enough.

However, except for Zhou's father, Zhou's mother, and Zhou Yuan's three brothers, everyone else was muttering in their hearts that the Wei family came from the county town, and this betrothal gift was too petty.

When Zhou Xiaorui saw Wei Cheng, she also felt that Wei Cheng was tall and handsome, and began to envy Zhou Yuan not only for marrying into the county town but also for Wei Cheng. Now that she saw that the Wei family gave the Zhou family a betrothal gift, she no longer envied it. She pouted and thought to herself, the Wei family gave so little betrothal gift, and their family background must be poor, so what if they lived in the county seat.

Aunt Zhou Yuan reacted by gloating in her heart, holding the handkerchief in her hand, pretending to cover the corner of her mouth, blocking the smile on her lips.

Zhou Yuan's three sisters-in-law were working in the kitchen.

The Zhou family were all smiling sincerely, and they didn't care how much the Wei family's betrothal gift was. After accepting the betrothal gift, the two exchanged geng posts, and then the two began to talk and discuss the wedding date along the way.

Wei Cheng couldn't stand it for a long time. He didn't see Zhou Yuan's figure. While the two were negotiating, he planned to sneak out to find someone. Zhou's mother also noticed that she went out of the main room and stopped Wei Cheng on the grounds of going to the kitchen.

"Yuan Yuan is in the room." After the appointment, the two could meet in private, but Mother Zhou did not stop her.

"Thank you mother-in-law!"

Wei Cheng's mouth was sweet, and he called Zhou's mother-in-law directly, and Zhou's mother laughed happily.

Zhou's mother entered the kitchen, Wei Cheng was going to look for it, and a bunch of children in the yard saw Zhou's mother leaving, and immediately gathered around Wei Cheng to ask for a red envelope.

In addition to the five children of the Zhou family, there are also children of relatives, less than ten children, who took the red envelopes and cheered happily.

Shishi took the red envelope and put it in his trousers pocket. He asked, "Are you my uncle?"

"Of course!" Wei Cheng asked, "What's your name?"

"My name is Shishi!" It

should be Zhou Yuan's nephew.

Wei Cheng asked Shitou to tell him where Zhou Yuan's room was. Shitou pointed to the room on the far left and told Wei Cheng that it was his uncle's room.

Zhou Yuan also had friends in the room, Zhou Qiu and Zhou Muzi, who came to accompany Zhou Yuan early in the morning.

Wei Cheng knocked on the door, and it was Zhou Qiu who opened the door. When he saw it was Wei Cheng, he laughed thiefly, "Yuan Yuan, Wei Cheng is coming to you." The ending was deliberately lengthened.

Being teased, Zhou Yuan also saw the tall figure at the door, and his face turned red.

Zhou Qiu turned to let Wei Cheng in, Zhou Qiu and Zhou Muzi left very wisely, leaving the two alone, and closed the door intimately.

Wei Cheng walked in front of Zhou Yuan and stared at Zhou Yuan tightly, thinking about it!

Wei Cheng's direct gaze made Zhou Yuan so shy that he didn't know where to put his eyes, hands and feet, and he didn't dare to meet Wei Cheng's gaze.

"Wei Cheng, you, why are you here?" Shouldn't others be in the main room?

Wei Cheng chuckled lightly and moved away and said, "Is it still called Wei Cheng? Should I change my mouth?"

Zhou Yuan opened his mouth, but he didn't know what to call, and stood at a loss for a while.

Seeing that Wei Cheng was nervous, he was no longer funny, and said, "You can call Big Brother Wei!"

Zhou Yuan hummed softly, raised his head slightly, and called out softly, "Big Brother Wei."

"I'm here to find you . I have something to hand to you." Wei Cheng took out a wooden box from his arms.

"Give it to me?" Zhou Yuan blinked in confusion.

Wei Cheng handed the wooden box to him, Zhou Yuan took it and opened it. Seeing the contents of the wooden box, he raised his head in surprise, and his bright eyes finally focused on Wei Cheng.

"This......"

Zhou Yuan wanted to refuse, but Wei Cheng didn't give him a chance to refuse.

"You can't refuse, this is the betrothal gift that I Wei Cheng gave you. The betrothal gift outside was prepared by my parents. This is the betrothal gift I prepared, and it also represents my heart. Do you like it?"

Wei Cheng said that it was for him The dowry was also Wei Cheng's intention. Zhou Yuan couldn't refuse it. He nodded, "Well, I like it!" The contents in the

wooden box were very valuable, but they were not as important as Wei Cheng's intention, so he accepted it.

"Yuan Yuan." Wei Cheng pulled the person to sit down.

"Huh?" Zhou Yuan sat down obediently, the box in his hand was already closed. His face didn't turn red because Wei Cheng called him by his nickname, his family and friends called him Yuan Yuan, and he was used to this name.

Wei Cheng coughed, cleared his throat and said, "My family was split up a few days ago, and I was split out."

Ah! ?

Brother Wei said that his family was separated?

Zhou Yuan was stunned!

Seeing that he didn't respond, Wei Cheng continued: "The Wei family's shop, the county house, and the house in the village belong to my elder brother. I only get the house on the outskirts of the county and two acres of farmland in the village."

"Yes." Zhou Yuan nodded. Answered.

Big Brother Wei said, he listened carefully, but, Big Brother Wei, why did he tell him this?

"Well what? Big Brother Wei only has two acres of farmland under his name. Are you afraid that Big Brother Wei can't support you?" Wei Cheng laughed directly at his reaction.

"Not afraid!" He is not afraid, he can endure hardship, "We can farm together and support our family together." Brother Wei said that he doesn't care about the separation of the family, he only cares about this person!

Zhou Yuan's serious look of going through hardships and hardships with him made Wei Cheng's heart soften.

My heart and eyes are full of Zhou Yuan.

Wei Cheng felt itchy in his heart, he couldn't help hugging Zhou Yuan gently, he couldn't hide his affection for Zhou Yuan, he couldn't help confessing, his voice was low, "Yuan Yuan, I like you!"

Zhou Yuan blushed, he liked it People confessed to him that they liked him, and the originally bright eyes were more translucent, overflowing with joy.

Zhou Yuan liked Wei Cheng, and he fell in love with him the first time he saw him. In Weicheng, he and his family did not despise them because they were from the countryside, and even treated them with courtesy. The thoughtful actions that day made people fall into his heart.

He is not a careless person, even if he likes Wei Cheng, he will not think too much.

The identities are different, and regret puts the heart in my heart.

When the market met Wei Cheng again, Wei Cheng took the initiative to greet him and opened his mouth to treat guests. Wei Cheng's words made his heart tremble slightly, and he couldn't help but secretly expect something. After the maintenance of Weicheng, he gave gifts on the street. It was the first time he received a gift from a man. Aside from being helpless and nervous, his head was blank.

But I can't help but think, Wei Cheng...like... him?

The first time I got into my heart, the second time...the heartbeat was involuntary, I liked it.

He was looking forward to it for a few days at home. If Wei Cheng liked him, he would definitely come to propose a marriage. He hoped for four days, but Wei Cheng didn't come.

The family began to think about kissing him, but there was a person in his heart, even if... that person didn't mean him in his heart, he was unwilling to say kiss.

For the first time, I have the idea of ​​not wanting to marry.

He was worried about how to tell his family that he did not want to get married for the time being.

Later, Wei Cheng came to propose marriage——

"I, I like Big Brother Wei too." The

voice was very soft, but Wei Cheng heard it!

Wei Cheng's lips twitched, his body and mind satisfied. It turned out that the feeling of being connected with each other was so exciting, his body and mind were numb, and his joy was indescribable.

His lips were close to Zhou Yuan's ear, "Wait for me to marry you!" The voice was low, and Wei Cheng himself didn't notice the hoarseness in his voice.

"Okay!" "Good!

"

Wei Cheng hugged him for a while before slowly letting go.

He wanted to hug him for a while, but he couldn't stay in his brother's room for a long time, even if the two got engaged.

After finishing what he had to say, he should also go back to the main room.

Wei Cheng had just entered the hall, when Wei's father and Wei's mother saw him coming back and got up to leave.

The guest banquet prepared by the Zhou family was also not eaten.

It doesn't seem to want to wait for a moment!

The Zhou family persuaded them a few words, but they all understood the expressions on their faces. The attitude of Wei's father and Wei's mother showed that they were unwilling to stay longer. If they continued, it would only make Wei's father and Wei's mother annoyed, and the Zhou family had to send people out.

Wei Cheng followed behind with a confused expression and did not make a sound.

There are some things he can't do now, but after this time, he won't let the person he likes suffer a little bit of grievance.

However, the aunt was in front of the door. She didn't forget the Wei family's promise to help the tower line succeed.

"Sister Sun, I'm Zhou Yuan's aunt, remember?" Wei's mother's surname was Sun.

Mother Wei remembered Aunt Zhou Yuan. She didn't know each other before, but after they had chatted once, she realized that Aunt Zhou Yuan had a business in her family. She was much more affectionate to Aunt Zhou Yuan than to Mother Zhou.

"Remember, come to my house another day, and I will treat you well."

"Hey! Good, I will definitely go!" The

Wei family got into the carriage and left.

The Wei family is gone.

Do you still have food ready? !

Zhou Yuan's three sisters-in-law were waiting for Zhou's mother to speak.

Zhou's mother was also very arrogant. She didn't let the Wei family leave early to spoil her good mood. Today is her brother's engagement day, so she should be happy.

"Everyone, cook a chicken, and then all the pork is stewed. There are eggs and vegetables in the kitchen. You three can watch and make more. Our family will have a good meal today."

" Okay, let's do it right away!" The three sisters-in-law immediately went into the kitchen to prepare for tonight's dinner, including chicken and pork. The three sisters-in-law all showed their own housekeeping skills to cook a good meal without thinking too much. Happy.

They were still worried just now that the Wei family left early, which made Zhou's mother unhappy, and today's rich meal would be empty.

"Third sister-in-law, how can the Wei family be like this? They don't give any face, and they're gone." Zhou Yuan's sister-in-law and Zhou's mother have a good relationship. On the contrary, he has a bad relationship with Zhou Yuan's aunt, and Zhou Yuan's aunt doesn't like Zhou Wu's powerful eyes.

Zhou's mother sighed, and Wei's father and Wei's mother disliked the Zhou family's ruin from the moment she came in. She didn't hide her expression very much. Zhou's mother was paying attention, how could she not see clearly.

When speaking in the main room, it is also necessary to ignore it and say a few words perfunctorily. It's a bit polite to talk to the two elders last week.

He is also picky about the taste of pastries, and things in the countryside are not as good as those in the county seat. The funny thing is, I even compared the pastry on hand with the most famous Baixiangzhai pastry in the county.

Zhou's mother knew that the red bean cakes Wei's mother ate came from Baixiangzhai, which her brother told her.

As soon as Wei Cheng returned to the main room, the Wei family got up and left, without giving the Zhou family any face.

"Brother and sister, do you think I'm too impatient to agree to Yuan Yuan's marriage to the Wei family?" Zhou's mother was worried that her family's Yuan Yuan would marry and the Wei family would not welcome her.

It was her lack of consideration, Wei Cheng's caring, and her brother's intentions, she just wanted to give Yuan Yuan's marriage, but she didn't consider anything else.

"Sister-in-law three, it's hard to say." Aunt Zhou Yuan didn't finish her sentence, but according to the Wei family's attitude, Mother Wei definitely didn't like her nephew Zhou Yuan.

"Yes, it's fortunate that Wei Cheng, the son-in-law, is really good to my Yuan Yuan."

Mother Zhou didn't think about it any more. Once the marriage was decided, it was impossible to go back on it.

Her brother, if she really had a bad time in the Wei family, she would definitely come to support her brother.

Mother Zhou had been busy all day, and finally had time to see her brother.

Mother Zhou pushed open the door and went in, and saw her brother sitting on the dresser, resting his chin with one hand, staring at a wooden box.

"Yuanyuan, what are you looking at?" What's so nice about a wooden box?

"Mother!" Seeing that it was Zhou's mother, Zhou Yuan called out softly.

"I don't think I've seen this box before? It's very delicate, where did it come from?" The wooden box is rectangular, painted on the outside, and carved with small patterns on the wooden body. Mother Zhou has never seen such a box in her brother's room.

"Brother Wei gave it."

Wei Cheng gave it? !

Zhou Yuan directly handed the wooden box to Zhou's mother, and Zhou's mother opened the wooden box suspiciously, and when she saw it, the contents of the box were stunned.

Inside is a carved auspicious cloud gold bracelet and a white jade hairpin, which is estimated to cost at least five taels of silver.

Zhou's mother asked in surprise: "This is... Wei Cheng gave it to you?"

Zhou Yuan nodded: "Yeah."

"It seems that Wei Cheng really likes my brother."

Looking at his brother Shyly bowing her head, Zhou's mother didn't know yet, she must have said some sweet words when they were alone.

Zhou's mother was worried now, Wei Cheng's affection for her brother, her brother married to the Wei family, Wei Cheng would also protect her.

"Yuan Yuan, your future mother-in-law is not easy to get along with. Mother is really afraid that you will be wronged when you marry." Mother Zhou sat next to Zhou Yuan and still wanted to remind her brother.

Zhou Yuan didn't have those concerns, "Big Brother Wei said just now that he and the Wei family have split up." Split up

? !

Mother Zhou understands it now!

No wonder Mother Wei looked down on her brother, but she didn't object to Wei Cheng's marriage, and they all split up. If Wei Cheng liked it, Mother Wei might not be too refuting Wei Cheng's wishes.

"This mother is also relieved!"

Now that the Wei family is separated, Zhou's mother is completely relieved!