Chapter 19 Selling Flatbread

Stall fees are also quite high.

After handing in 20 yuan, he could place the stalls at will. Wei Cheng didn't go inside. He saw that the stalls were full at a glance, and the vacant places were just across the floor.

Wei Cheng found a corner at the end to set up a stall.

For example, the fragrance of wine is not afraid of the deep alley, and he is not afraid that no one will buy the pie in the corner.

The flatbread baked by Weicheng is rich in wheat aroma, soft and chewy. Put the flatbread on an iron plate and fry it with oil on both sides until fragrant, brush with a salty and fragrant miso, put on the side dish lettuce and shredded carrots, then roll it up and fragrant Full, take a bite, and definitely live up to expectations.

Eggs can also be added to the rolls.

Wei Cheng made a few copies, packed them in oil paper bags, and put them aside. The aroma alone attracted pedestrians to watch.

"Boss, a flatbread is more expensive."

"A burrito is five cents, and eggs are added for six cents."

"Boss, the price is quite expensive." It looks really fragrant, but the price is a bit more expensive, and the flatbread is only two cents. One piece of money.

"My flatbread isn't expensive at all. The baked flatbread outside is just one piece of flatbread. My flatbread comes with side dishes and miso, and is fried in oil. All of them are full of ingredients. Is it still expensive?" A flatbread is enough to satisfy the stomach of an adult.

Wei Cheng kept pancakes and burritos in his hands, and the aroma of fried frying kept attracting the palate of passersby.

"Boss, I'll have a flatbread." A passerby couldn't help but handed it five cents, took a bite of the flatbread, and immediately shouted, "It's delicious!

"

"I want one too." Looking at Xiang, he drooled.

"I also want......."

"I want one with eggs."

........

"Everyone can choose spicy or not, let me know before buying." Wei Cheng reminded.

"Absolutely, I have never eaten such a delicious flatbread." A guest kept his mouth full of food.

"Don't tell me, this cake is worth the price." Another customer ate it, and it was really delicious. "I want another one, this time with eggs."

"Oh, Lao Feng, you are so proud today, eat it. Two servings." Another guest also ate and replied, seeing that the two knew each other.

"I'll buy it and take it home." Lao Feng asked the boss to make one more.

"Yes, I'll buy a copy to take home too." After hesitating for a moment, the flatbread is so fragrant, I have to let my family try it. Before the customer called, he looked up and said, "Drink, why are you lining up, Lao Feng, wait for me, I'll line up to buy." He quickly ran over.

When it was time for the fleet and dock workers to eat, they went to the food street in groups of three or five to find food.

"What are you going to have for lunch today?"

"It's not noodles, but steamed buns with side dishes."

"The steamed buns are full, but they are not delicious."

"Hey, wait." A big boatman stopped passers-by and pointed to He asked with a big cake in his hand, "Brother, this smells good, where did you buy it?"

The person who was stopped was just afraid that he would offend this big man. Hearing what he asked, he breathed a sigh of relief. I bought the cake at the front, and many people are buying it. I finally bought it, and it tastes really good."

"Thanks, brother."

"Let's go, let's eat and buy flatbreads." One of the men couldn't wait to buy them, and he wanted to eat when he saw it.

A few people went to the big cake stand and looked at the long queue. Not only their boatmen came, but also a lot of other workers working on the dock. You could tell by looking at their clothes.

There are a lot of people, so hurry up and queue up to buy.

Wei Cheng was so busy that he was sweating hotly on his face.

The guests at the back urged Wei Cheng, not because they were afraid of being slow, but because they were afraid of not being able to buy them. This flatbread was delicious at first sight. The other guests were full of oil, and they kept eating deliciously. The people in the queue looked even more greedy. .

This time, there is no need to follow the trend, and the guests who smell the fragrance can't help but queue up to buy.

The men who bought the flatbread couldn't wait to eat it. It looked delicious and even tasted even better. "This flatbread with this sauce is salty enough and delicious."

A flatbread is full of weight. One man ate the flatbread in three or two bites, and his stomach was 70% full. Another man brought steamed buns. He tried to spread the flatbread and dipped it in miso. "The steamed buns are also delicious."

" Kang Da, why didn't you remind me, if the steamed buns are dipped in the sauce, a flatbread plus steamed buns will definitely be enough."

Kang Da: "Brother Lu, hehe, I didn't want to try it, I didn't expect that it would also be served with steamed buns. It 's delicious."

"I'm going to buy another one." Lu Dashan ran to the queue again, and his brother Lu Dazhuang also went there.

The other three did not earn as much as Lu Dashan and the two of them. They had been boatmen for a long time and had the greatest strength. Among the boatmen workers, they could be regarded as high-level boatmen, and their wages were twice as high.

Boatmen earn hard money. They go on a boat trip to the sun and rain, and the sea water blows, all to make money to support their families.

Or save some, eat the buns.

The two of Lu Dashan lined up for a while before it was their turn. Lu Dashan bought the flatbread and took a step to the side: "Boss, is this soy sauce for sale?" The

soy sauce dipped in the steamed bread is absolutely delicious.

At the back, Lu Dazhuang's eyes lit up, "I want to buy soy sauce, too."

Wei Chengteng looked at the two tall men with white teeth who were smiling, muscular and sturdy.

Before Wei Cheng could speak, Lu Dashan became anxious, afraid that the boss would not buy it, and hurriedly said: "I am a boatman who sails a boat, and I can only eat dry food when I float at sea. Your miso is delicious with dry food, too. To improve the food, I want to buy some."

Wei Cheng understands the hard work of the boatmen, and the food and drink are very bad, so I can sell some, "I can sell it to you, I don't have anything to pack here, only oil paper." Can.

"Thank you boss, I'll pack it in oiled paper, and I'll find a jar myself when I go back."

Doenjang bought it for six cents a pound and went back to boil it with spices and oil, so the price would not be less.

"My doenjang is specially made by me. It has been boiled in oil. It is not a problem to keep it for three months. The price is a little expensive."

"How much?" Lu Dashan asked.

"Net sale, sixteen cents a pound." The most expensive is the edible sesame oil. "I can only sell you one pound."

"Yes!" One pound can last a long time.

"Do you want chili oil?" After staying on the boat for a long time, the damp and cold are heavy, and chili peppers can ward off the cold. "Chili oil is thirty cents a pound.

"

Lu Dashan knows the goods. One pound can be eaten for a long time. He saw the chili oil from the boss's house. Steamed buns, he also thinks it is delicious to eat dry food on the boat, and he can save some points, why not.

Lu Dashan also bought a pound. He and Lu Dazhuang bought these two pounds together. They are still waiting for Lu Dashan's boatmen, and they all want to buy them. They can buy a little less. It's a pity that Wei Cheng said not to sell it. If you want to buy it, you can come and buy it tomorrow.

Those boatmen have reserved half a catty, a few of them, and let Wei Cheng bring them over tomorrow.

Some of the guests next to them also ate delicious food. They thought that it would be appropriate to buy some soy sauce and go back with steamed buns. They also made reservations.

Wei Cheng: "..."

He should consider selling sauces.

"Okay, I use oiled paper here. You know the price. If you add jars, you will also need jar money. I don't have jars here. If you want to buy them, you can bring your own jars."

Weicheng's stalls not only have ordinary people, but also There were guests who were well-dressed in cotton-padded clothes and brocades, all lined up in the queue. He had been busy all the time. In this hot day, coupled with the heat of the iron plate furnace, his throat was very dry, and he even struggled to drink water. nothing.

Customers who are not short on money add eggs to every purchase, and even buy a few more. He brings few eggs and they are almost used up.

"There are still two eggs, and there are no eggs left."

Those who were in line wanted to buy egg flatbread, and they all complained: "Boss, why don't you bring more eggs."

Wei Cheng didn't have time to answer, but there was a Merchant, he has eggs on his load. Merchant comes to buy and sell without paying a fee. They can't stop and set up stalls, and they all walk around to sell.

"Does the guest want to buy eggs? I have them here, one for a penny." The merchant also knows how to do business, and for eight cents an egg, he immediately sells it for a penny.

All the guests who needed eggs bought them, and the merchants carried more than a dozen eggs, which were swept away.

The aroma of the flatbread spread far and wide, and other vendors envied each other for such craftsmanship.

I bought the flatbread and went back to the boatman. When other workers saw it, they all wanted to eat it. The workers who had lunch could not buy it. The next batch of workers who wanted to eat hurried over to buy it.

The workers who work as movers at the dock want to buy it, but they are not willing to ask the price.

The flatbread was sold out for more than an hour, and the guests who came to smell the fragrance didn't buy it, they all beat their chests, and could only ask the boss to sell more tomorrow.

Wei Cheng was tired and thirsty. He was busy pouring water. He prepared 300 flatbreads to sell. How could he have thought that the business would be so good.

Tomorrow he will do more, and now he will go home.

Before returning home, he went to the market to buy flour. He bought dozens of kilograms and asked the boss to deliver it to his door. He turned to the pork stall.

"Boss, bring two catties of leaner pork, not fat." The price of lean meat is the same as that of half-fat lean meat. Generally, people buy half-fat lean meat, which is more oily and watery. When I came to Weicheng, there was no shortage of oil and water at home, and I felt greasy after eating fatty meat.

"It's so cute!" The pork seller cut it neatly.

"How do you sell the boss's bones?" There were shaved bones on the board, and Wei Cheng wanted to buy some soup.

"One penny."

Wei Cheng was stunned by the cheap price. Looking back, no one actually bought pig bones. No wonder the price was so cheap. The price of pig offal is also cheap, only a few cents per pound. Pig offal is not delicious, at least it is meat, and it is bought by the poor.

Wei Cheng bought all seven or eight bones. Except for the soup, the others were used to cook the white radish and potato soup. He saw the guests who came to buy the flatbread today. The guests were thirsty after eating the flatbread, and it was worthless. benefits to guests.

Zhou Yuan was cooking lunch at home.

This time, he no longer saves fuel when cooking, and he doesn't consider adding coarse grains to the white rice. It's not because he thinks that he has silver taels at home. He is distressed that Wei Cheng is busy when he goes out, so he must cook better.

As soon as Wei Cheng came back, Zhou Yuan looked at the man sweating profusely and felt distressed, "Are you tired?"

Wei Cheng smiled and said, "I'm not tired, it's just very hot."

Zhou Yuan: "I still say no . I'm tired, and my voice is hoarse."

Wei Cheng reassured: "It's okay, I'm too busy to drink water, so my voice is hoarse."

"I'll pour water for you, the rice is ready, you go sit, I'll serve it. Food."

Zhou Yuan was going to pour water for Wei Cheng, but Wei Cheng took his hand, "Yuan Yuan, I'll take a bath first, I'm covered in sweat, and then eat after bathing."

Zhou Yuan said, "I'll go to burn Water."

"On a hot day, I'll wash with cold water."

"I'll draw water for you, so don't say no."

Wei Cheng really wanted to draw water himself, but he listened to what his wife said. Go inside, take off your shirt, it's too hot.

Zhou Yuan came in with a bucket and saw it, his face suddenly turned red.

Wei Cheng leaned over: "What's wrong? Your face is so red, it's not like I haven't seen it before."

Zhou Yuan: "Don't be sloppy."

Wei Cheng took the bucket in his hand and chuckled softly.

After taking a bath, I have lunch, and after lunch, I count the money, and I will make a profit of one or two coins during the day.

Zhou Yuan was unhappy when he saw that he could earn so much, "Is it very hard, or we will sell less tomorrow."

He knew that his wife would be distressed, and Wei Cheng felt very anxious.

Change to someone else's home, see the family can make so much money, not happy to do more business.

His daughter-in-law was only full of distress.

"Nap with me for a while, I'm sleepy."

Zhou Yuan would have no opinion, urging Wei Cheng to rest.

Zhou Yuan lay quietly with him, watching Wei Cheng sleep on his face, and fell asleep after a while.

At noon, the courtyard was quiet.

Only the tree mountain birds chirped.

When Wei Cheng opened the stall in the morning, Butler Wang bought breakfast and sent it back to Cao's house. He sat at other food stalls and waited for Wei Cheng to close the stall.

As soon as Wei Cheng closed the stall, he stopped Wei Cheng.

The two sat down at the herbal tea shop, and Butler Wang said straight to the point: "For the formula of jelly, you can set a price."

Wei Cheng drank the herbal tea leisurely and said slowly: "Sorry, the formula is not for sale."

Butler Wang smiled: "You know I am the butler of the Cao family, and the Cao family is a prominent family in the inner city. If you don't sell formulas, you are not afraid to offend my Cao family."

Wei Cheng: "Wang butler, Wei does not mean to offend the Cao family."

Wang butler: "Then you Do you mean to sell recipes?"

Wei Cheng: "It's the same sentence, don't sell it."

Butler Wang: "Although my Cao family won't force others to buy and sell, but this is what my little son likes, and the Cao family will find a way to get it for the little son. You should understand what I mean." , He thinks that Wei Cheng is not simple, and he is so calm in the face of his oppression. If he hadn't looked at Wei Cheng's coarse clothes, he would have thought that Wei Cheng's bearing was not like a peddler, but like a businessman.

"I don't know how to sell recipes. The recipes are the source of my family's livelihood, but..." Wei Cheng said, "I can sell the raw materials to your house and teach them how to do it."

Butler Wang: "Ingredients? You are not afraid. I bought the raw materials and found the source of the raw materials."

Wei Cheng: "If this is the case, then Wei admires it."

If you have never seen jelly made from jelly, no one else will think of it. Raw jelly.

He really wasn't worried that

Butler Wang agreed. As for whether to buy it or not, Butler Wang asked him to bring the raw materials to Cao Mansion in the afternoon, and he would decide at that time.

After saying goodbye to Butler Wang, Wei Cheng went back.

There is not much jelly powder at home, it is sun-dried.

Looks like I'll have to pick some more.

At noon, Wei Cheng went to sell flatbread, bringing a bucket full of soup.

Zhou Yuan wanted to help, but Wei Cheng asked him to pick jelly and come back to make powder, but Zhou Yuan didn't go.

As soon as Wei Cheng came, he was waiting for the guests, and they all complained about his late arrival and why he didn't come in the morning.

Wei Cheng lifted the wooden lid of the soup bucket, and there was a piece of cloth on it to prevent it from overflowing. As soon as the wooden lid was opened, there was oil and water, as well as chopped white radish and potatoes. The soup was delicious at first glance.

The soup is cold.

"Does the boss sell this soup? How much is a bowl?" a customer asked.

"It's not for sale, the soup is given to the customers who bought the flatbread."

Wei Cheng said a word, the customers were pleasantly surprised, and such good things, they all praised the boss for his sincerity.

"One spoon per person, bring your own bowl. If you don't have it, you can only drink it in an oiled paper bag."

"Boss, we don't mind." The important thing is that some drink is free.

One of the guests said: "Boss, you are not afraid of us fighting more."

Wei Cheng was really not afraid. "There is only so much soup, one spoon per person. If you beat more, there will be no more people behind."

With this sentence, The people queuing up to buy the flatbread must be monitoring the people who are making soup. It is impossible to want to make more.