Chapter 24 Grandfather's Birthday

If it wasn't for his eldest brother Wei Liang who came to tell him, he would have forgotten that there was such a thing.

His grandfather lived with his uncle's family.

The uncle is a scholar, and his cousin Wei Jihui is also a scholar. He lives in a big house in the inner city. The uncle's family is currently the most promising family in the family.

His mother often complained that Mr. Wei was partial to letting the family split up early, and now he can't rely on it. Seeing that the big family is getting richer and richer, he regrets it too much in his heart.

With his eldest uncle and aunt's shrewdness, how could they not split up early and let others gain wealth and honor, that is impossible.

His elder brother Wei Liang and cousin Wei Jihui were born in the same year, but the elder brother Wei Liang was born ahead of him and became Wei Jihui's grandson. Perhaps because his family snatched Wei Jihui's eldest grandson, his aunt treated the third uncle and the fourth uncle's family. He can have a good face, and treat his family with polite words. His aunt hates his mother the most.

Wei Cheng didn't know that his mother was born when his eldest son was born, grabbed the position of Wei's father and grandson, and often showed off in front of his eldest aunt. Can she not be hated?

My cousin is a late marriage. At first, my cousin's family insisted that my cousin was a scholar before marrying him. This made my eldest uncle's family very dissatisfied, but they had to rely on other people's resources and background contacts Relationship, dissatisfaction can only be suppressed.

Later, my cousin was admitted as a scholar and finally married my cousin. My cousin was in the door. I should have lived a good life, but there was no news from my cousin for two years. She was richer, and her family was able to live a prosperous life today because of her cousin, so even if her cousin couldn't get pregnant, the uncle's family wouldn't dare to show her face openly.

It's just that the aunt wanted to take a concubine for her cousin, and finally found an opportunity to suppress her sister-in-law. Who is the sister-in-law who would agree to take a concubine? grandson of the family.

Their family returned to the past and lived in harmony, and the rest did not know.

He heard these news when his mother was discussing with his little sister.

As for the third uncle and the fourth uncle, they all live in the inner city. The third uncle works as a shopkeeper in an old-fashioned shop. He also thought that the eldest aunt didn't want to see his family, and secretly supported the third uncle and the fourth uncle's family.

In a word, his family is the poorest of all the relatives. Now that he is separated, he is the poorest of the Wei family.

Wei Cheng wasn't afraid of what others thought of him, but he was afraid that his daughter-in-law would be wronged.

"...In short, when you go to your grandfather's house, no matter what others think, you will ignore it. Everything has a husband." Wei Cheng stared at his daughter-in-law and instructed.

"Yeah." Zhou Yuan was a bit dumbfounded. He was talking about the uncle's family just now. How did he become him now? However, he would definitely be nervous that day. Think of encountering such a battle one day.

Fortunately, if he had a husband, he was not so nervous. Anyway, when the time came to listen to his husband, he had been to the Cao family mansion, and he had seen the world, so he would not be afraid.

It's just -

"Do we really make birthday peaches as a birthday gift? Don't we always prepare birthday peaches by ourselves when we have a birthday banquet?" How is Shou Tao?" Although Baixiangzhai cakes are expensive, his family can still afford them.

The family has made a lot of money recently, and Zhou Yuan has the confidence to buy the pastries from Baixiangzhai. After he got married, he knew the environment at home, and when he recalled the pastries from Baixiangzhai that his husband bought him, he felt a pain in the flesh.

Now, buying a few boxes for birthday gifts, which the family can afford, won't be very rude in his opinion.

Zhou Yuan's serious and serious expression made Wei Cheng feel very cute, and he chuckled softly.

His daughter-in-law's mind is still too simple.

A few boxes of Baixiangzhai pastries, he, a poor family in the eyes of the Wei family, had no problem buying them as a birthday gift for his grandfather. However, when the rest of the Wei family saw it, they would definitely ridicule them face to face.

What is the birthday gift that saves money and is exquisite and ingenious.

The longevity buns are always the same at the birthday banquet, and the taste is not outstanding, they are all placed to suit the occasion.

But the longevity peach he made looks like a real longevity peach. It is not only delicate but also delicious. It is also a kind of cake.

Thanks to his skills in cooking since he was a child, but also thanks to the fact that he wanted to open a bakery and spent tens of thousands of yuan to learn it. Otherwise, he would not have made so many pastries.

After graduating from college, he spent five years fighting with food and earning a lot of money. Later, he took advantage of the situation to become his own major and became a CEO. Even so, as a home otaku, he did his own life and food.

After buying the required materials, the filling is red bean, first make the red bean filling, then mix the rice flour and glutinous rice flour, the peach-colored skin should be colored with edible color juice, wrap the filling and knead it into a round shape, and press it with an abrasive tool. , the peaches are pressed and attached to the leaves made of the skin, then steamed, released from the oven and allowed to cool.

This alone made his family Yuanyuan's eyes widen.

"Does it look like a longevity peach?"

"It looks like it!" More than just like, Zhou Yuan thought it was a real peach.

"It's cold, eat and see, your husband's craftsmanship is good."

Zhou Yuan couldn't wait to pick up a fat round longevity peach and bite it in one bite.

"Delicious!" Zhou Yuan couldn't help complimenting him. He picked up another and took a bite. He asked vaguely, "My husband is delicious, don't you want to eat it?"

Husband is delicious?

Wei Cheng raised his eyebrows and took a bite of his hand to eat, "Well, it's really delicious."

Zhou Yuan blushed, "This, isn't this still there? I've eaten this before."

Wei Cheng smiled narrowly He wrote: "Daughter-in-law has eaten even better."

Zhou Yuan blushed and smoked, Wei Cheng wrapped the person in his arms, "Yuan Yuan, why are you so shy so easily."

Zhou Yuan broke free from his arms, and rarely replied: " That's because you are thick-skinned, but I'm not as thick-skinned as you are."

Say he is thick-skinned? Naturally, don't blame him for being thicker-skinned.

Wei Cheng watched his daughter-in-law eat snacks, his eyes were deep, and he had the idea of ​​being "thick-skinned". Zhou Yuan was eating, he had no resistance to sweet cakes.

A total of ten Shou Tao pastries were made, and half of the pastries entered Zhou Yuan's stomach.

Zhou Yuan was full, and Wei Cheng was still hungry. This hunger was not another hunger. Then, Zhou Yuan was picked up by Wei Cheng and ate the whole person as a snack.

I didn't eat dinner.

On the day of the birthday banquet, Wei Cheng led Zhou Yuan to the inner city with a few red gift boxes with golden auspicious patterns printed on the outside.

This time I wasn't stupid enough to walk, I rented an ordinary carriage.

Wei Cheng still knew the approximate way and would not get lost.

The carriage stopped in front of Wei's house, and the servants who greeted the guests saw such an ordinary carriage and wondered where this person came from. When Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan got off the carriage, although they were wearing new clothes, they were also simple brocade clothes. Seeing that the material was similar to the clothes worn by the servants of Wei's house, they were even more wondering where the poverty came from. I will really come to the birthday party.

Wei Cheng pulled his daughter-in-law, ignoring the eyes of the servant at the door, and handed the post to them. After the servant opened the post, his eyes widened. Is this from the Wei family?

Weicheng? City Master?

Does the Wei family have such poor relatives?

No wonder the servant was shocked. He had just arrived, and he was smart and literate. The housekeeper arranged for him to go to the front door to help him receive guests. Did the housekeeper welcome the guests in? The servant knew that there was a second room, but he had never heard of the second room. situation at home.

The servant next to him asked in a low voice curiously, "What's wrong? Is the invitation fake? I'll just say, how can there be such a shabby guest in the Wei family, do you want to drive them away?"

Wei Cheng heard it and pretended not to hear it , Zhou Yuan just looked at Wei Cheng, the husband didn't speak, he just stood obediently.

Taking the post, the servant gave a low reprimand, and then slightly respectfully said to Wei Cheng: "Hello, Young Master Cheng, the villain immediately asks the servant to take you in."

Young Master Cheng?

Wouldn't it be that young master Wei Cheng?

The other servants at the door have stayed in the Wei house for a long time, and they all know that this Wei Cheng is the second son of the second house of the poorest relative of the Wei family. They have never been respectful to this Weicheng, and the other two rooms dare not do this, because of the temperament of Wei's mother, even poor relatives, they are members of the Wei family. They must have no good fruit to eat.

It's all about seeing dishes.

It's just that this young master Wei Cheng is dressed better than usual today, and his whole person looks imposing. They don't dare to show him, but they won't be too respectful. After all, this guy has no status in the Wei house. , and the clothes are similar to those of their servants, it is difficult to be respectful.

Wei Cheng won't care about them, as long as these little servants are not too outrageous.

Wei Cheng was different from other guests. He belonged to the second room and was also from the Wei family. His birthday gift did not have to be given to the servant at the front door, but had to be brought in to meet the old man and the old lady.

The Wei family were all in the main hall. His parents and several uncles had arrived and sat chatting in the main hall. There were not many guests who came early, and they all sat in their respective seats, all curious about who Wei Cheng was, dressed in such shabby clothes.

The Wei family felt bored when they saw Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan come in.

Mr. Wei and Mrs. Wei were sitting in the main seat, with a futon in front of them. Wei Cheng took Zhou Yuan's hand, and he could see that his wife was nervous. The Wei family was sitting in the main hall, and a dozen richly dressed people looked over, how could they not be nervous.

Wei Cheng is an outlier.

Wei Cheng handed the birthday gift to the servant next to him, and the two knelt down and bowed.

"Grandson Wei Cheng and his wife Wei Zhou visited grandfather and grandmother, wishing grandfather good health and longevity."

"Well, get up, get up." The old man of the

Wei family is full of white hair, still in good spirits, with a light expression. This grandson, he neither values ​​nor expects, he regards it as an ordinary Wei family.

Mrs. Wei didn't lift her eyelids.

The next person gave the two of them a red envelope.

"Thank you grandfather and grandmother."

Only then did Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan stand up.

Those who can sit in the front row are the elders of the Wei family, the family of the owner of the house, and important guests. Both of them are seated at the back of the seats in the main hall, and they are led by the next person.

Wei Cheng's eldest brother and sister-in-law, as well as cousins, were all sitting there.

Family members, men and women do not have to sit separately.

Wei Cheng sat down with Zhou Yuan, and he greeted Wei Liang and his wife. The other cousins ​​didn't say hello to Wei Cheng. It was like this every year, and Wei Cheng didn't care.

They came early, and many guests did not come, including the elders of the Wei family clan, it was still early for them to leave the table.

The elders in the front seat were chatting, and the juniors were also talking in a low voice in the back, each with a small circle, completely ignoring the two of Wei Cheng and husband.

Wei Cheng quietly introduced the rest of the Wei family to his daughter-in-law, chatting about the words of their husband and wife, objecting as if they had ignored everyone else.

"Cousin Cheng, what are you talking about? I don't know what the birthday gift my cousin just gave to my grandfather, can you tell my younger brother?"

Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan looked at the people who came, and they talked condescendingly. Wei Yexuan, the son of the third uncle's family.

"Cousin Cheng, don't be embarrassed to say it, I heard that you were separated from the second uncle's family, and you got a leaky and broken house. It's normal for your birthday to be shabby. I won't laugh at you, cousin."

Wei Cheng said indifferently, "I don't know the church. Brother, what gift did you give to grandfather, I guess my cousin didn't give anything." After speaking, he quietly winked at his daughter-in-law, telling him to take it easy and he will deal with it.

Zhou Yuan believed that her husband would deal with it, so he sat quietly.

"I haven't been sent out again. My parents will give gifts, but the one hundred liang birthday gift. Cousin, you should say yours." Wei Yexuan said proudly.

Wei Cheng clicked his tongue, took a sip of tea, and said, "Cousin, you know what a mind is, you don't know how to grow up a child like you. Grandfather's birthday, as grandfathers and grandchildren, should we give gifts, elders give gifts? It's about the elders. As juniors, we also have to give gifts to our grandfather, which is called intention. It seems that the cousin has not given gifts." I mean you have no intention.

"You—" Wei Yexuan blushed and pointed at Wei Cheng angrily, but he didn't dare to get angry on the spot. If there were no rules at his grandfather's birthday banquet, his father would definitely beat him up, and he wouldn't be able to get out of bed for ten days and a half months. Kind of, "You poor and sour countryman." He cursed in a low voice angrily.

"Little brother, how could you speak to cousin Cheng like this, and apologize to me."

Wei Cheng was not angry, but Wei Yexuan's sister Wei Yuxian reprimanded, her face thin and angry.

"Sister!" Wei Yexuan shouted in annoyance when he saw his sister being angry, but he didn't dare to refute his sister's words. Usually at home, when he made trouble at home, his sister was begging for mercy. , This cousin doesn't look like their Wei family at all, it's a shame.

"Little brother, no matter what cousin Cheng says, it's your cousin, does sister teach you to be so impolite?"

Seeing that sister was really angry, Wei Yexuan hummed, "I'm sorry!"

"What's wrong, brother Xuan? , don't be embarrassed by Cousin Cheng, he is a countryman, what he can give is definitely worth ten cents, how could he be ashamed."

Wei Cheng felt that the third aunt taught her daughter to be very like her, virtuous and polite , Before he could speak, a strange wind of yin and yang came over. It was the fourth uncle's daughter, Wei Qi. She was a pretty girl in a pink dress and looked down on Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan.

I have never met a woman with a long tongue, but I have met several women with a long tongue, including a few in Qinghe Village.

"I didn't know my cousin's tongue was so long, and she was talking about women with long tongues. Besides, it's true that I am a countryman, and my cousin wasn't from the countryside. Could it be that when she became a county citizen, she forgot her roots." Wei Cheng said nothing. politely.

He will give the face who should be given the face, and he will never give the face if he shouldn't.

"

You—" Wei Qi jumped up in anger, and was about to go into a rage, so she asked her elder brother Wei Zihong to stop him, "Xiao Qi, this is grandfather's birthday banquet, you have to be shy to see the occasion." At the

moment, the main hall and the banquet outside the hall were full of guests . The door, the elders of the Wei clan are here. If Wei Qi shouts arrogantly, she will definitely lose face in front of the guests, and it will also let the guests know the Wei family's tutoring, and let the guests know that there is an unruly girl in the Wei family.

Stopping his sister's humiliating behavior, Wei Zihong said, "I haven't seen you for a few days. My cousin can speak eloquently and I am impressed. My cousin was worried that my cousin used to be sullen and unable to speak. It seems that I was overthinking. "

I am impressed by my cousin. Your cousin and I have always been good. You have too many thoughts and don't care about others. It is inevitable that you will save others by yourself."

He said he was dumb, but he also said he was blind. Wei Cheng kicked the words back, there were only a few little brats who had never seen the world before, and he took it seriously that he was the former Wei Cheng.

Wei Zihong finally looked directly at the cousin Cheng in front of him. He had changed so much by himself. If he was walking on the street, he might not have recognized the steady gaze in front of him. The person Zhou Zhengying stood up was Wei Cheng. After two words exchanged, he started doing business with his father, and he also learned a little bit about the ability to look at people. His cousin's aura could not be concealed even by ordinary clothes.

It makes such a big difference when a person leaves home.

Still has a relationship with his cousin next to him.

Because Wei Cheng doesn't talk to others, he ignores Wei Zihong. He has to care about whether the woman is hungry or not. That gentle look is so focused on you.

Not to mention other people, the atmosphere of the two seems to be incompatible with others.

Being so nice to a brother is really promising, hum!

Wei Zihong was too lazy to take a lot.

No matter how I changed, I didn't know the country people.

Wei Cheng's sister-in-law: "Second child, don't pretend if you don't have the skills. In a family who doesn't know you're poor, Cousin Qi is right."

She said it with a playful expression, thinking that Wei Cheng was ugly, but she didn't know it. When she said something that belittled Wei Cheng, she was belittling the second room.

Wei Cheng gave her a cold look, he had never seen someone so stupid before.

Wei Cheng didn't even care about it.

Although Wei Cheng's sister-in-law looked a little scared by Wei Cheng's cold eyes, she was even more angry. She felt that Wei Cheng looked down on her sister-in-law, showing no respect and courtesy, and she was just about to show her elder sister-in-law's aura to teach Wei Cheng a lesson -

servant Come, please, take a seat.

Fortunately, the next person came to invite, otherwise it would be the second room of the Wei family that would be embarrassed in the end.

I don't know how to rely on Wei Cheng at that time.