Chapter 17 Doing a Snack Sale

The staple food is either white rice or white noodles, and the meals are either meat or fish. The husband cooks meals with a lot of oil. He is not allowed to cook because he is reluctant to put oil and the dishes are not delicious, so he refuses to cook. Let him cook and let Ken help him out.

However, the food cooked by the husband is really delicious, and he is very full every time.

After being raised for two days, the faces of all raised are ruddy.

The suburban houses are distributed in the south and east. Weicheng's home is on the east periphery. The houses in the periphery are not concentrated and evacuated. Each house has a yard and a place to grow vegetables.

His vegetable field is at the door, and not far from the door is a wasteland and rolling hills.

Just because there is no firewood at home, it will cost money to buy it. Zhou Yuan is going to chop firewood. He has to be diligent and thrifty to keep the house. There is a lot of firewood cut down on the side of the mountain. What is the use to buy it? It's not a waste of money.

The suburbs are also very safe on the mountainside. It is safe not to go into the mountains. The suburbs are also a village. This village is very poor, and there are many wastelands that cannot be cultivated. Later, the county expanded, and the villagers in the poor villages also became the current residents of the suburbs.

In the suburbs, there are still many households that are very poor. They also go into the mountains to chop firewood and hunt for wild food on weekdays.

Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan walked along the road towards the mountain, Zhou Yuan frowned and thought while walking.

"Why are you frowning?" Wei Cheng looked at him with a smile that was troubled for a while, and frowned for a while.

"Didn't you say you want to do business? Stayed at home for two days and didn't see your preparations?"

"That's it? Made you think about it for so long?"

"Otherwise?"

Wei Cheng said: "We are newly married, you don't want me Two more days with you."

Zhou Yuan: "..." He was thinking, but if your husband spends so much, the family's money will soon run out.

Zhou Yuan said sternly: "Our family is running out of money, we need to make money." If your husband doesn't go, he can make money by doing needlework.

If Wei Cheng knew that his daughter-in-law let him eat soft rice, he didn't know how he would feel.

Wei Cheng laughed after hearing this.

Is it because his daughter-in-law has a wrong perception of the family's savings? As far as he knows, an ordinary family spends less than five taels of silver a year, and a poor family spends two taels a year. He has more than 20 taels of silver in his hand, and he has not made money for a few years and does not worry about food and clothing.

The daughter-in-law also said that the family has no money!

It is also his dereliction of duty to let his daughter-in-law mistakenly think that the family has no money.

"When I go back, I'll tell you how much money is in the family."

At the foot of the mountain, Wei Cheng was in charge of chopping wood, and Zhou Yuan was in charge of picking up dry branches on the ground. Suddenly, Wei Cheng was caught by a fruit on the tree.

Is that jelly fruit?

He was worrying about what to sell in summer. Although there was one, he felt that it was too monotonous. Now that there are jelly fruits, there are many kinds of food to sell.

Wei Cheng stopped chopping wood and turned around to pick jelly fruit.

I thought it was too monotonous, but now that there are jelly fruit, there are many things to eat and sell.

Wei Cheng stopped chopping wood and turned around to pick jelly fruit.

Zhou Yuan stopped to pick up the branches. He asked curiously, "How do you pick wild fruits? No one eats them. What are you picking them for?"

"This fruit can be eaten in the same way." inside.

"Is this fruit still edible?" Zhou Yuan helped to pick it. "There are many such fruits in the mountains in my village. I didn't even know that this fruit was edible."

Wei Cheng was very pleasantly surprised. There were only a few trees in the woods here, and he would be gone when he used them up.

"How many of these fruit trees are there on the mountain in Qinghe Village?"

"Many, there are all over the mountain road, there is such a large area." Zhou Yuan gestured.

"What can I eat?"

"The food made from this kind of fruit is cold and cool, and it is the best to relieve the heat in summer."

Zhou Yuan heard the picking action faster, Wei Cheng asked him to slow him down, the fruit was in Zhou Yuan only slowed down when he couldn't escape from the tree.

The two picked up a load of baskets, Wei Cheng was in charge of carrying them, and without cutting the firewood, they picked up the branches and went home.

The money at home was going to be turned over, Wei Cheng wouldn't hide it from Zhou Yuan, and when he got home and put his things away, he would take someone back to the room, take out the money bag from Angui in the closet, and put it directly in his hand.

Zhou Yuan opened the heavy bag and was shocked to see that it was full of silver.

"Twenty-four taels, all the savings in our family."

"So much!" Zhou Yuan was shocked.

"Yeah, it's more than enough to support you. Now I'm not afraid that your husband will not make you fat." Wei Cheng smiled.

Zhou Yuan: "..."

He doesn't need so much to gain weight.

Wei Cheng sat beside him, put his arms around him, and explained, "I'll go to the county town tomorrow to sell food, and I've already bought the things I need for food in the morning."

"You want to sell food, don't you want to be a salesman?" He saw that there was a small cart at home, and he also heard from his husband about being a salesman.

"Uh, what I'm selling is food." He thought about selling small commodities, but he didn't remember that he just graduated from college and didn't find a job, and then changed his career to the food business, and made the first pot of gold in his life.

What a merchant needs to do, not now, he has to earn capital, have the capital, do some handicrafts that were not available in ancient times, and buy mountain goods, and then form a large-scale sales.

"What's the food?"

"You'll know when you make it tomorrow."

"I'll help you tomorrow too." Zhou Yuan demanded.

"...Good!" We'll talk about tomorrow's business tomorrow, "Let's deal with the flour and the fruit we just picked." The

flour needs to be soaked, and the jelly needs to be prepared first.

Wei Cheng got up early and was about to start work.

When Wei Cheng came together, Zhou Yuan sensed the movement and opened his eyes. He seemed to wake up with a start. He didn't wake up at all. He stared at Wei Cheng and made up his mind to get up and help.

Wei Cheng planned to get up secretly and let him sleep for another hour before calling him. Yesterday, I promised him to help, but I thought that my daughter-in-law was still sleeping, so it wasn't his problem. Now that everyone woke up, he couldn't resist his wife's stubborn temper, so he had to agree.

The food Wei Cheng wants to eat is cold skin and jelly. These two kinds of food are the most suitable for summer.

The cold skin is steamed, cut into side dishes, the sauce is prepared, and the chili oil has been prepared earlier. They also mix cold skin with cold noodles and jelly cooked last night for breakfast. It becomes a paste in the morning and can be eaten directly.

Zhou Yuan didn't eat too much spicy food. Wei Cheng mixed him with slightly spicy food. Zhou Yuan said that it was delicious as soon as he ate the cold skin. The jelly is paste-like, crystal clear, tender and refreshing, and it is refreshing to eat a bite.

The jelly was sweet and cold, and Zhou Yuan fell in love with it as soon as he ate it.

Wei Cheng didn't let him eat too much, because jelly is a cool thing, and he was afraid that he would get sick from eating too much.

Wei Cheng had not set up a stall yet, so he considered finding a fixed stall on the street. Later, he learned that, except for the market in the early, middle, and late months of each month, the rest of the street stalls had to rent street stalls before they were allowed to set up stalls.

The stalls in the county town are in a full state, and some stalls with high rental fees are left. I was short of money before. Although I got silver taels later, I decided to try to set up a mobile stall near the house first, and then go to the street for renting a street. stall.

It took an hour to prepare the ingredients, and the things were put on the cart. Weicheng went to the market early, and the people in the county were going out for breakfast to sell.

Weicheng looked for a place, in the wealthy area of ​​going out, there was a place where itinerant hawkers and hawkers set up stalls, not only for breakfast, but also for hawkers selling vegetables.

Steamed buns, white porridge, flatbread, noodle soup, wontons, and all kinds of breakfast food were placed on the whole street.

Wei Cheng came to investigate and inquire early. This street for breakfast was initially sold by mobile hawkers. Some people in the nearby houses were reluctant to walk long distances to the food street to buy breakfast. It is also convenient to buy. Over time, smart people see business opportunities and come here to set up stalls. This is how the breakfast street is formed.

Even people from wealthy portals will come to buy it.

Of course, after breakfast time, if you still set up a stall here, you will be driven by the city officials, otherwise you will be fined, and in severe cases, you will be caught and locked in a cell for a few days.

Wei Cheng's cart was parked between a merchant and a hawker who sold talents. Both of them saw Wei Cheng for the first time.

"Brother, what are you selling?" the vegetable vendor asked.

"Selling cold skin and cold noodles." Wei Cheng said while placing a large pot of cut cold skin on the cart. The cold skin sauce, side vegetables cucumber, gluten, crushed peanuts, special sesame oil and chili oil were all placed one by one.

The cucumber shreds were cut by himself, and he had to go to the blacksmith to make some vegetable cutting tools, which would be convenient to use in the future.

Liangpi? !

It was the first time they had visited the vegetable vendors. They saw that the noodles were white and translucent, and they had never seen food before.

Wei Cheng mixed it into a bowl for presentation. Looking at the Liangpi Liangliang mixed with sauce, he had an appetite at first sight, and some of the onlookers wanted to buy it.

"How to sell Liangpi?"

"Five cents per bowl."

"It's so expensive!" The

onlookers exclaimed, there was no meat in a bowl of Liangpi.

"It's not just a bowl of ordinary noodles, but the food stalls sell a bowl for two cents."

"That's right, five cents is too expensive."

"Don't tell me, the oily sauce on it looks delicious."

.. .....

Wei Cheng doesn't care what the onlookers say, he doesn't shout, he eats a bowl of Liangpi on the spot, and uses his actions to show how delicious the Liangpi's sauce is.

Wei Cheng had a great time eating.

Some people couldn't help but buy a bowl, "Sell me a bowl." It's not just five cents, but for the money to buy a bowl of minced ravioli, he can afford it.

"OK, just a second!"

Wei Cheng took a portion of Liangpi from the big wooden basin and put it in the mixing bowl, put the side dishes in the bowl, and then added the special sauce of Liangpi, and asked, "Do you want it to be spicy?

" Said: "Yes! It needs to be medium spicy!" It can be seen that it can also be spicy.

Wei Cheng put the chili oil and mixed it skillfully, and then a cold skin is ready.

Wei Cheng brought out a limited number of bowls. Put a piece of oiled paper on the top of the bowl, and throw away the oiled paper after eating. It is easier to clean chopsticks. He brought water, enough to clean the chopsticks. draw water.

The guest couldn't wait to eat the cold skin after receiving it. The onlookers were all waiting for him to respond.

Someone asked, "Is it delicious?"

The customer ate the cold skin and said inarticulately, "It's delicious! It's delicious!" He asked, "Boss, what is this? It's delicious and very glutinous.

" That's gluten, made of flour." Wei Cheng explained.

Some people saw that the person's food was delicious, a bowl of cold skin and a lot of side dishes, the sauce oily, salty and fragrant looked fragrant, smelled even more fragrant, couldn't help buying a bowl, and squatted on the stone base with the guest eat up.

Some people eat deliciously, and everyone who wants to eat it has to buy a bowl. Wei Cheng is busy, and everyone who eats Liangpi is the first time to eat it. The Liangpi is cool, delicious and chewy.

In summer, you can eat a bowl without feeling hot.

"This Liangpi is very suitable to eat in summer, it's not too hot, and it tastes delicious!"

"Boss, let's have another bowl!"

Some people buy jelly instead of Liangpi, a bowl of jelly for three cents, and the crystal clear jelly is absolutely cool to eat. , People who eat it will feel that it really relieves heat and cools.

"The jelly is sweet and so cold." The

jelly has also become popular.

People who came out to buy breakfast saw that Weicheng's stall was doing well, and they followed suit to buy a bowl. Some people even brought their own bowls out to buy breakfast to take home, so Weicheng gave more noodles, not only the Liangpi had a little more weight, The same is true of jelly, some people can see it, and they go home to follow suit.

Weicheng was surrounded by a steady stream of customers, and other food stall owners were a little envious and jealous.

Wei Cheng's food is easy to sell here, and even the business of the vegetable seller around him is getting better.

In less than two hours, more than 100 bowls of Liangpi jelly were sold out before the end of breakfast time. The sales were so fast that some customers bought several bowls together.

Customers are still queuing up at the stalls. Some of the customers who bought it home ate it. The family said it was delicious, but they were not enough. They even wanted to buy it.

"I'm sorry, today's food is sold out, and it will be available tomorrow."

"Boss, you will make more tomorrow, and we will not eat it."

"Reserve three bowls of jelly for me, the elderly and children love it."

"I want it too, I bought it for the kids at home."

"I want a bowl too."

......

Sorry! Reservations are not accepted!

Zhou Yuan was at home and looked at the door from time to time. Whenever someone heard a sound from the door, he thought that Wei Cheng was coming back, and he was not disappointed, but he also thought that Wei Cheng had only been out for a long time, so it should not be sold out so quickly.

I couldn't stay still even when I was doing needlework, and then I simply moved a chair and sat at the door of the house waiting.

When Wei Cheng came back, Zhou Yuan saw that he ran over to help.

"You're back, can't you be tired?"

"Yuan Yuan, all the food is sold out!" Wei Cheng said, pushing the cart into the yard.

"Really?!" Are they all sold out? "Zhou Yuan was pleasantly surprised," How much did it sell for? "This is so good to sell, he was worried that it would not sell well before.

"It sold a lot of money today, let's go back and count. "

Wei Cheng pulled people into the house, poured all the money they made today on the table, spread out the coins, and the two of them counted the money.

Fifty, one hundred, two hundred... in total. More than 700 pennies, and the cost of earning more than 500 pennies.

"Well, in this way, you can earn a few taels of silver a month. Zhou Yuan was taken aback.

The villagers in the village went out to work as laborers for only 20 to 30 cents a day, and many could earn 40 to 50 cents a day, and they might not even find a job. His

brothers often couldn't find odd jobs. The family earns a few hundred pennies a day, so Zhou Yuan

can't be surprised.

Wei Cheng thinks it's less, a few hundred pennies a day. For future planning, the money is still less, but his wife is happy.

Here you are, the money in the house is yours. "

Ah!?

" "I won't. "My husband asked him to manage the money, he was very happy, but would you like to give him the money? But he won't.

Wei Cheng said: "It's okay, my husband will teach you how to manage the accounts. "

But..." Zhou Yuan hesitated, he was afraid that he could not do well.

"Yuan Yuan, think about it, if the family business is better in the future, your husband and I can't do it alone, and I have to manage the money and manage the family affairs myself. Isn't that very tiring, doesn't Yuan Yuan want to share the burden for her husband?" Wei Chengxun induce.

That's right, how could he not help his husband and manage the family's money, he will definitely learn, so that he can help his husband take care of the house.

"Well, I'll learn!"

Wei Cheng chuckled lightly as he looked at him with high fighting spirit.

Wei Cheng: "Yuan Yuan, do you know how to read?"

"Yes, my father taught me, but not many."

His father can read and write, his grandfather is a wealthy doorman in the village, and his father has studied for several years , He and several brothers in the family were taught to read and write by his father, so they could barely recognize them.

Knowing how to read is easy to teach, Wei Cheng said, "Learn to manage accounts and learn to read together."

"Yeah!"

Zhou Yuan was very happy that he could still read. He always wanted to learn more, but his father would know more.

Now that I can learn from my husband, he must study hard.

Wei Cheng went to school for several years and learned to read. His eldest brother, Wei Liang, studied more than him for a few years, and his family even thought about letting his eldest brother take the imperial examinations, but his eldest brother was very poor at learning, and he was barely able to learn to read, let alone take the imperial examinations.

So he is not afraid that anyone will know that he can read.

However, in order to hide it better, he still bought more books to read to facilitate future explanations.