Chapter 44 Seashell Seafood

Marine wharf.

"Brother Shao, no one wants these shells, what should we do now?"

"We also borrowed two taels of usury, and we didn't earn any money. How can we repay it when we go back?" The

voice was very impatient, and the man spun around impatiently at the same time.

There were four men on the fishing boat, their faces were dry and sallow, they were wearing coarse clothes, and their clothes had a fishy smell after staying on the boat for a long time.

A few people came from remote villages. Their villages are close to the sea. There are not many fish in the sea, and a lot of shellfish. The shells are all thrown back into the sea.

For the villagers who make a living by fishing, the shells are flooded again, and there are fewer sea fish. If no sea fish can be caught, the livelihood of the villagers was difficult before, and now it is even more difficult.

Zhang Shao in the village saw that the sea was full of shellfish. He also tried to open the shells and seafood, and found that he could eat them. He thought that if he took it to the market to sell it, someone would definitely buy it.

Seafood is taken to buy, and people don't know how to make new things, and they feel that they don't know them, and they don't know if they can eat them, so no one buys them.

Zhang Shao thought that the people in the town had little knowledge, and if they sold to the county, the people in the county were well-informed, and maybe they could find a way to sell.

If you go to the county town to sell seafood, you can't go overland, otherwise it will be broken when you send it to the county town.

There are fishing boats in the village, but the fishing boats are not big enough to sail all day and night to the nearest county town.

Several good brothers in the village know his idea, and they think it is feasible. Maybe it can be sold. If it can be sold, the livelihood of the village will not be so difficult.

Their family was in a difficult situation, and they had no money to borrow usury loans, leased cargo ships, and transported things to the county town to sell.

The people in the village know that they have a good idea, but if they can't sell it, they have to lose all their net worth, and no one is optimistic.

Zhang Shao didn't care, and sent the shipping by sea. The idea was good, but the reality hit him hard.

All the fish brought in are sold, and the remaining shells, sea squids and shrimps cannot be sold, and the same is true for cheap sales.

There are people buying sea squid and seafood in the county town, but not all of them are sold, and others can't sell them all. How could they buy Zhang Shao.

The money from selling the fish was not enough to pay the usury, and the four men didn't know what to do.

They went to the county dock yesterday. If they can't sell the remaining seafood today, they will throw it away. The cost of renting a boat is calculated by the day, and the loan shark is also calculated by the day. If you stay for one more day, you will pay another day, and they must return today.

The heads of the four were lowered, their faces darkened.

"If it doesn't work, I will go and sell the house."

Zhang Shao is the backbone of several people. He proposed it at the beginning, and he will bear the consequences.

When the other three men heard it, they looked uncomfortable. The impatient man said in a low voice, "Brother Shao, if you sell your house, where will you live in the future?"

Zhang Shao calmly said, "I'll find a place where no one is in the village. , go to the mountains to chop wood and build a simple house to live in."

"If you sell the house, will brother-in-law's family still promise to marry brother-in-law to you?" The

impatient man's words made Zhang Shao hoarse, and he looked calm at first. , struggling.

They all knew that Zhang Shao had a brother who he wanted to marry. The brother's family asked him to pay two taels of silver to marry him. The betrothal gifts were enough, and they wanted to propose a marriage. In order to come to the county this time, He used the dowry money and borrowed usury.

The other three men have families. Unlike Zhang Shao's parents who died in an accident in the sea, his relatives and elders don't care about him. He raised himself alone.

A single person who sells the house will sell it. It's better than owed usury, and the daily interest is not affordable for poor people like them.

But if he sells the house, he will definitely not be able to marry the person he likes without the house.

The impatient man said: "Brother Shao, we can share it."

Zhang Shao looked at the three and said, "Awu, you have a lot of family, can you take out silver taels?" Then he looked at the other person, "Your family is poor, so you can take out the money. ." All

three bowed their heads sadly.

The conscience of the three people is even more incapable of going.

In a low atmosphere, several people from Wei Cheng came to him.

Wei Cheng didn't notice Zhang Shao's boat at first, and he looked all the way from the front, and found that they were all small fish and shrimp that were not as big as tail fingers, as well as green sea and some small shells to be thrown back into the sea.

When Wei Cheng came over, he saw that Zhang Shao had more than a dozen baskets of seafood on his boat, his eyes lit up, and he finally found it.

"How do you sell these seafood?"

With their heads down, the four with ashen faces suddenly raised their heads.

They... heard that right? Someone asked to buy?

"You...you want to buy it?" The four of them snapped back to their senses and asked in a trembling voice, their expressions in disbelief.

Wei Cheng walked in and looked at the baskets of seafood. He was very satisfied, but he didn't care that he was stunned, "Yes, how to sell it?"

After confirming that Wei Cheng wanted to buy it, the four of them were ecstatic, but the next second, they thought of the person in front of them. Maybe buy a few kilograms to eat, a few kilograms are worthless at all.

The look of joy subsided again.

Or Zhang Shao, who insists that no matter how much customers buy, if someone buys, they will sell, and it is money if you sell more and sell less.

"Guest, sea goods with shells cost 5 cents a pound, small seafood with shells are 5 cents a pound, sea squids are 5 cents a pound, and larger shrimps cost 8 cents a pound... You are How much does it cost?" The

shell has a shell and a certain weight, so the price is very low, and this price is also quoted by Zhang Shao after careful consideration.

Wei Cheng: "......"

An indescribable expression.

Okay, it's cheap, it's cheap, just do as the locals do.

"I want it all. Can you help deliver it to the outside of the city? The delivery wages will be paid separately."

"You all...all..." The four of them were shocked, and immediately exclaimed in ecstasy: "Send, send, you can send it, you can send it without paying for the delivery."

The whole ship of sea goods, shells weighed over a thousand catties, sea squids over a hundred catties, and sea shrimps......send In the past, when looking for a cart, Wei Lei was familiar with the wharf, so he went to find a cart.

There is a place to rent carts at the wharf, and they can also help with delivery. For a few pennies per trip, Wei Cheng doesn't have to sell seafood.

Wei Cheng checked out the silver taels and gave them more than ten taels. Zhang Shao took it. The three of them looked at the white flowers and silver taels in Zhang Shao's hands and rubbed their eyes in unison, for fear that they would be dreaming.

Wei Cheng: "If there are still such marine goods, I will use the quantity today and ship them again in half a month. If there are other marine goods that can be shipped as samples, I will accept them as I see fit." All

four were pleasantly surprised by this . I was stunned, but Zhang Shao was still calm, and he agreed immediately after regaining his senses.

Zhang Shao: "What's the name of the boss? I'll deliver it when the time comes. Where can I find you?"

"My name is Wei Cheng." Wei Chengdao said, "You can go to a food stall at the wharf, find someone to ask where Wei Ji's stall is, basically everyone knows, go to Weiji's stall and look for the owner of the stall, and you'll be able to find me.

Wei Cheng paid the deposit and then left.

Zhang Shao and the four all felt that they were dreaming, so they took a trip, except for the capital and 2 taels of usury plus interest, they earned 5 taels of silver, and they also reserved the deposit.

The boss named Wei Cheng , and let them deliver it for a long time.

The seafood in the village is not afraid of not being able to sell.

Looking at the money in their hands, the eyes of several tall men are red.

-

When Wei Cheng bought a bunch of seafood, everyone was shocked. The chins are all shellfish. What are you buying these things for?

Wei Hu was about to shout, when Wei Cheng glared at him and closed his mouth instantly.

Zhou Yuan asked, "Husband, what are you buying these things for? Wei Cheng asked Wei Lei to go to the

market to invite people, and the seafood had to be processed on the same day. He also asked Xiao Liu to call Aunt Yang and the others over. After instructing Wei Cheng to go to Zhou Yuan, he explained, "There is a drying room in the workshop at home." In the meantime, don't look at these are all seafood with shells, the shell meat inside can be made into dried scallops, and dried scallops are very delicious to eat, and squid and shrimp can also be made into dried goods. "

Zhou Yuan seems to understand but does not understand.

Wei Cheng smiled and said, "You will know when you make it. "

Wei Cheng took his wife's hand, and the two entered the grocery store and walked through the backyard. The backyard of the store was connected to the home workshop. On the side of the workshop was a row of living rooms, all of which were used for employees to live in.

There is a large open space between the backyard and the workshop, and a shelter is built in the open space to facilitate work when it rains. There is a well in the open space, which is used to facilitate cleaning, and marine goods are shipped here.

When the people arrived, in addition to the invited people, there were also long-term workers in the grocery store and employees who were being trained by the county food store, including the Weicheng family, all of them started work together.

In addition to scallops, this batch of seafood also includes conch, mussels, and conch, which are very large. Wei Cheng left some extra meals for the day, and the rest are made into dry goods. When the time comes, the dry goods of good quality will be sold, and the quality will generally be reserved for food shop.

After the stall was closed, Wei Yuan's family, as well as Yang Dashan, the husband who came to pick him up, all came to help out on the way.

As for the extra meal that day, except Wei Cheng, everyone else ate it for the first time. With Wei Cheng's guidance, the chef cooked the food. At first, he wondered why Wei Cheng bought shells and sea squid, but after eating, he was convinced.

Wei Cheng also deliberately asked the chef to make a seafood pot for Wei Hu to send to Taifu Building. Then Yan Yi appeared. After Yan Yi understood, he went back to report and took away a lot of shell meat. Chengfeng Mansion has an ice cellar for storage, and the shell meat is not afraid of being damaged.

As for Yun Chengfeng's personal thoughts, Wei Cheng had no idea.

Do dry goods, from morning until midnight, and there is a seafood porridge in the middle of the night.

In the second half of the night, Wei Cheng let his daughter-in-law rest in the attic in the backyard of the grocery store, where they had their bedroom. Those who have to work the next day will be asked to go back to sleep, while others will work for a while.

It took a day and a night to make the seafood into dry goods, and the oven was baked for a day.

Dry goods are stored in drying rooms and cellars, but they must be stored in a vacuum for a long time. In ancient times, there were no plastics, oil paper bags, and manual vacuums could be stored for a long time.

On the third day, Yun Chengfeng came and asked Wei Cheng to sell him the recipe for the seafood pot, but the seafood he took back couldn't be tasted even by the chef.

The seafood pot is the food of Weicheng Food Shop, and the recipe will definitely not be sold to Yun Chengfeng.

Yun Chengfeng: "..."

Yun Chengfeng had to rest his mind, and then asked Wei Cheng to cook the seafood pot again. Wei Cheng simply cooked himself. In addition to making the seafood pot, he also used dried seafood to make it. A gourmet meal.

Yun Chengfeng listened to Yan Yi's report that dried seafood was sold as a commodity, and he didn't care at first, but now, Yun Chengfeng asked to cooperate.

It's no problem to cooperate with Wei Cheng, but he doesn't have time to do it now, so he doesn't want to agree for the time being.

Yun Chengfeng was not happy when he heard Wei Cheng's disagreement. In order to get Wei Cheng's agreement, he drew a picture that after the cooperation, dried seafood products would definitely become the only special product in the Dajing Dynasty, and even monopolize the entire market.

He also said that there are more seafood and seafood in Yuanhaifu City. With the power of his family, he can monopolize the supply of goods and open stores all over the Dajing Kingdom. Most importantly, if they agree to cooperate, the official business will definitely have a position in Weicheng.

Well, Wei Cheng was moved.

It just has to wait for his food shop to open and the business to stabilize before cooperating.

How could Yun Chengfeng wait? He signed the contract on the same day, and Yun Chengfeng generously gave him 40% of the profit. He had direct management rights, not dividends.

Wei Cheng didn't know what Yun Chengfeng was doing in such a hurry to give him so much profit.

Yun Chengfeng saw the monopoly of the market. Compared with the cooperation of the sauce workshop, he didn't take it seriously. He took dried seafood as his own truly independent industry. Even his eldest brother didn't plan to inform him. Tell him, he will definitely impress his big brother.

That's why he was so resolute.

Yun Chengfeng is still working on the idea of ​​seafood pot: "Everyone has cooperated, can the recipe of seafood pot be revealed now? I won't use this formula in the county and Fucheng, but in other restaurants."

Wei Cheng refused: "No!"

Yun Chengfeng: "........"

Wei Cheng: "There is no source of goods, what's the use of taking the formula, I want to eat it in the store."

Yun Chengfeng: "........"

His family Open a restaurant and ask him to visit other restaurants?