Chapter 13 Getting Married

Zhao Carpenter didn't know Wei Cheng's home, so he asked someone to inquire.

Wei Cheng was surprised when the carpenter Zhao brought furniture to his door.

"City boy, I rushed to work yesterday to finish your custom-made furniture. Today I was waiting for you in the store for a whole morning. I didn't see you there to pick it up. It is estimated that you will be busy with marriage matters and have no time to go. You Uncle Zhao, I will simply deliver it to your door. Save yourself a trip."

Zhao Carpenter's face was full of joy, and he was so enthusiastic, Wei Cheng raised his eyebrows lightly, thinking about it.

It seems that Carpenter Zhao not only got the order from the Jin family, but the result of the negotiation was much better than he imagined.

"Uncle Zhao, I'm so embarrassed to ask you to bring it here in person." Wei Cheng originally wanted to arrange things at home, and then went to pick it up. He moved the bed, quilt and clothes to the vacant room.

"City boy, you're so outrageous, you call me Uncle Zhao, I'm an uncle to help you deliver the furniture to the door." Zhao Carpenter changed his words, "Besides, the drawings you drew can help Uncle. I'm very busy, your uncle, I have to thank you."

"Uncle Zhao, you look so happy today, the Jin family's order has been completed?" Wei Cheng asked.

"More than that, I drew the drawings you gave into a color album and took them to the Jin family. Not only did Mr. Jin like all the samples you drew, but he also didn't ask my family to order all the dowry furniture for his daughters. Hang him to order thousands of pieces, Master Jin wants to engrave fine details, and I will bid forty pennies a piece."

The material for making the clothes hanger can also be made from scraps, which can save money for materials, only labor costs, and the rest is profit.

The Jin family customizes the furniture, and the selected wood is high-end wood. This big order can top the store's profit for more than half a year. Can Carpenter Zhao be unhappy!

Wei Cheng heard that the clothes hanger was sold to the Jin family for 40 wen. He didn't understand the price in ancient times, and he didn't think about it. Now is not the age of machines, and it basically relies on labor.

"Congratulations to Uncle Zhao for taking over the Jin family's list."

"Anyway, this is all thanks to you, Chengzi." Carpenter Zhao pointed to a few workers and said, "Cityboy, tell them where the furniture should be placed, and they will I'll help you arrange it." The

old wooden bed and old table in Wei Cheng's room were not removed.

"Uncle Zhao, you sit down for a while, the old furniture in the room has not been vacated, I will find someone to move it."

"How can it be so troublesome, just order the movers!"

Wei Cheng did not shirk, and arranged for the workers to move the old furniture to the In the corner of the yard, it can be chopped and used as firewood, and then how to arrange the furniture, the work of moving old furniture and moving new furniture is handed over to the workers.

Wei Cheng sat opposite Zhao Carpenter, so that Zhao Carpenter had the opportunity to talk about buying blueprints.

"City boy, how much can you sell the blueprints to Uncle Zhao, tell me the price?"

Wei Cheng said without hesitation, "Uncle Zhao, I don't understand woodworking, and the price of drawings is the same as last time. You offer a suitable price, I can trust you."

Carpenter Zhao laughed, "City boy, yes, you have the courage to do things!"

He took the blueprint and went back to discuss with his two sons to buy the blueprint. The sons of the furniture blueprint agreed to buy the blueprint. , fashionable and will be able to attract many guests. There is no need for clothes hanging. The clothes hanging is too simple. It can be given away when the head is added. Zhao Carpenter scolded his son for being short-sighted.

He would consider buying the clothes hanging drawings. First of all, it was Wei Cheng's blueprint. If he asked Wei Cheng to send it, it would be because he was dishonest as a carpenter Zhao, and he was undecided. Later, when the Jin family ordered a large order, he saw the profit of the clothing hanging market, and only had an idea in his heart.

Carpenter Zhao bought the blueprints intentionally, but he was afraid that Wei Chengkai's price would be too high. If Wei Cheng could put the drawings on him, he would definitely understand the cost and profit of furniture and clothes hangers.

He was still struggling with the price of interest, and Wei Cheng gave up the price casually.

The furniture wood of Wei Cheng's family is ordinary and practical wood, the carving pattern is simple, and the three pieces of furniture are 10 taels of silver. Zhao Carpenter bought all the drawings for 30 taels, which also includes Wei Cheng's previous ideas.

Both parties are satisfied with the price!

After sending away Zhao Carpenter, the family's income increased by another twenty taels. Except for the recent expenses, Wei Cheng had more than twenty taels in his hands.

In the countryside this is a small wealthy household.

From poor households to small rich households, Yuan Yuan can make his family live a good life.

If it is turned in, I don't know what kind of stunned expression his Yuanyuan will show.

Wei Cheng is looking forward to it.

In two days before the wedding, he went to buy a few sets of clothes for his family Yuan Yuan, as well as a quilt for the new house.

For bedding, you have to buy the whole set.

Marriage day.

Weicheng got up before it was clear, and rushed to make the red jujube thousand-layer cake. The ingredients were prepared yesterday, just boil the red jujube water, mix it into the water chestnut slurry, and cook it layer by layer.

The process takes some time, and the cooking is completed in less than an hour.

Wei Cheng has instructed Wei Yuan to let him and Aunt Lu come earlier. He has to make breakfast for several people. The white porridge has been boiled on the stove. Hot oil spread pancakes.

For breakfast, there are white porridge, ten oil cakes, dried radish, fried cucumbers that have been marinated overnight, and a plate of small green vegetables, and breakfast is ready.

When the hour came, Aunt Lu, Wei Yuan, and Wei Lei also came.

"Aunt Lu, Yuanzi, Leizi, you are here, you haven't had breakfast yet, I just made breakfast." There were tables and chairs for eating in the yard, Wei Cheng beckoned them to sit down.

Wei Cheng basically eats in the courtyard. It is dark in the house, but he still likes to be bright outside.

"Don't say hello to us, Auntie came over after breakfast." Aunt Lu didn't want to eat. She came to help with her work, so how could she eat other people's breakfast.

Wei Yuan and Wei Cheng were familiar with him. He wanted to be rude, but his mother refused. He could only mumble in his heart that he ate half a hard bun halfway after having breakfast.

Wei Yuan didn't dare to refute his mother's words, otherwise he would be beaten on the forehead.

Wei Lei didn't talk much. He followed Wei Yuan. If he wanted to work, he waited for the work to be arranged. He didn't eat breakfast. This will definitely be hungry.

"Aunt Lu, I've prepared breakfast for you, you must eat it." After Wei Cheng finished speaking, he called Wei Yuan and Wei Lei to help go in and serve the breakfast. Before Aunt Lu refused, he went into the kitchen and brought the breakfast out.

Everyone in Weicheng has entered the kitchen, and Wei Yuan has not waited for his mother to speak, and went into the kitchen with Wei Lei to serve breakfast.

A rich table, Wei Yuan's saliva is about to flow out.

Wei Lei's expressionless face was a little more difficult, and he was even more hungry!

Aunt Lu looked at the breakfast table and said in surprise: "Chengzi, you are busy getting up early in the morning, today you are the bridegroom, how can you do this work, what do you want to do now, tell Aunt, Auntie to do it. "It's fragrant at first sight.

Aunt Lu rolled up her sleeves and was about to get busy.

Wei Cheng stopped him: "Auntie, if you are not busy, everyone will have breakfast first."

Aunt Lu wanted to refuse, but it was the first time she had seen such a rich breakfast. It was to shirk and not want the wages, but if not, Wei Cheng went to someone else, and finally had to take it, how could he be embarrassed to eat breakfast made by others after taking the wages.

I could see that Aunt Lu wanted to refuse, but she refused to eat it, and Wei Yuan couldn't eat it either, so Wei Lei refused to eat it. Could it be that he was allowed to finish a table by himself.

"Aunt Lu, if you don't eat it, I can't finish it alone. If I can't finish it, I will give it to passers-by to eat."

"Hey, this..."

"Aunt Lu, sit down and eat, you won't eat me. I'm embarrassed to be alone."

Aunt Lu didn't want to refuse any more, so she sat down to eat, Wei Yuan and Wei Lei sat down and started to eat, eating a bite of oil cakes and soft white porridge, full of praise.

Chengzi's craftsmanship, when was it so good.

The four of them ate a table of breakfast and were satisfied.

The oil cakes are fragrant and chewy, the rice porridge is thick and fragrant, and accompanied by dried radishes, pickled cucumbers, and small green vegetables, it is even more amazing!

Wei Yuan eats the most, with a bulging belly and lying down, he can't help but say, "Chengzi, your craftsmanship is so good, this is so delicious!"

Even Wei Lei doesn't ask for food, as long as he can fill his stomach, the first I thought that the food could still be so delicious.

Aunt Lu was the one who ate the least. This meal was the most delicate meal she had ever eaten, and it was better than eating in a restaurant.

After breakfast, Aunt Lu will speak, so she has to work first.

Wei Cheng took people to the kitchen and asked Aunt Lu to be in charge of the thousand-layer cake. According to the shape he had cut with a knife before, they were divided into plates, and then put back on the kitchen cabinet, and they were also responsible for taking care of them.

Later, after Mother Wei and the others came over, he was not at ease. His sister-in-law would definitely go into the kitchen to look at it. Before, he specially made the kitchen cabinet and could lock it, but he didn't want his sister-in-law to look in the kitchen.

The kitchen cabinet has rice, grain, flour, meat and vegetables in it.

Today, he is busy with marriage matters, and the kitchen must not be taken care of, so he will leave it to Aunt Lu.

It was the first time Aunt Lu saw transparent cakes, with so many layers, she couldn't help exclaiming, she would do everything Wei Cheng explained.

As for other work, there is nothing else. When the time comes, Aunt Lu will not be able to laugh or cry when she looks at the arrangement. This is the most relaxing job she is busy with.

Not long after, the ingredients needed for the banquet were also delivered in batches, and the helpers who made the banquet came, all from the same village as Wei Cheng. No matter whether Wei Cheng was familiar or not, he just said hello.

Mother Wei and his sister-in-law also came.

Next, Wei Cheng doesn't need to worry about it.

His eldest sister-in-law really did what he thought. She went into the kitchen to look over it, and when she saw the kitchen cabinet was locked, she walked out in a murmur. She wanted to go to the new house, but after all, it was Weicheng's room, so it was not good for her to go in.

There were also candies and peanuts and melon seeds in the living room. His nephew still didn't shout when he saw it. He put a lot of candy peanuts and melon seeds in his pocket in the living room.

Wei Cheng didn't see it. The inside of the new house was different from the outside. There were peanuts, red dates, and cakes. The new house was also instructed by Aunt Lu to watch it, and no one was allowed to enter the new house. When he came back from picking up his relatives, he helped to open the door in advance.

The time to pick up your relatives is approaching.

Wei Cheng was dressed in a red dress, tall and radiant.

The ox cart was used to pick up the relatives. The ox cart was covered with red cloth, and the door was also cushioned. Then, they drove the rented ox cart, followed by the people who picked up the relatives, and the group set off to Qinghe Village.

The Zhou family

"combs all the way to the end."

"Second, white hair and eyebrows."

"Third, all children and grandchildren."

......... The

elder brother's grooming and makeup are done by the village's hair-shaving aunt, also known as Hi Niang.

Zhou Yuan is dressed in a bright red dress, with a half-pulled hair bun, a hosta slanted, a thin layer of foundation powder on his face, and a blush on his face. The aunt who combs his hair wants to apply a thick blush to his cheeks. It means festive, to Zhou Yuan. Raise your hand to stop.

"Auntie, you don't need to apply blush, that's ok!"

Zhou Yuan doesn't like to wear rouge gouache, he can accept a thin layer of it when getting married, but if he still puts a thick layer of red on his cheeks, he would rather not.

"Brother Zhou, what's wrong with you, you are getting married today, it's your big day, you have to put on blush to make it look better."

Zhou Yuan got up, stared, and smiled: "No, I think so. That's good, thank you Auntie!"

"This is not in line with the rules..." Without blush, the face is not red enough.

The dressing aunt wanted to continue to persuade, and Zhou's mother came in, "Aunt Huan, Yuanyuan said it's alright, so don't need it."

Mother Zhou spoke up, but Aunt Huan didn't force it anymore, said a few good words, and went out too.

Zhou Qiu and Zhou Muzi had been accompanying Zhou Yuan in the room, and they sat quietly watching Zhou Yuan get dressed up.

Zhou Qiu smiled and said, "Yuan Yuan, you look so good today. Muzi and I are both dumbfounded. This red wedding dress and makeup are no worse than the village flower."

Zhou Muzi envied: "Yuan Yuan, you are good. Look, I don't know if I will look better when I get married."

Zhou Yuan wore a red wedding dress with a waist, light makeup, naturally pink cheeks, flowing eyebrows, beautiful and slender, and elegant.

Zhou Yuan smiled lightly, "Muzi, it must be beautiful!"

Mother Zhou also smiled and looked at her brother, Yuan Yuan was about to get married, her eyes were red and she felt very sad!

"My family's Yuan Yuan is so beautiful, my mother is really reluctant to get married."

"Mother..."

Zhou Yuan also reluctantly gave up, his eyes were slightly red.

Zhou's mother instructed: "Yuan Yuan, marry to her husband's house, different from the family. In the future, you must work diligently and listen to your brother and son-in-law."

"Mother, I will."

"Yuan Yuan, your second uncle is here, just outside. , do you want to see me?"

Zhou's mother's family also asked someone to say that on the day of my brother's marriage, someone from the family's family will come, and no one else from the family's family will come, only Zhou Yuan's second uncle will come alone. Before Zhou Yuan's eldest brothers got married, it was also one of the three uncles, but he would also bring Zhou Yuan's aunt.

"Mother, the second uncle is here!" The uncle treats him and the brothers in the family very well. It is rare for the uncle to come here. Zhou Yuan is very happy. As a junior, he will definitely meet.

Mother Zhou went and called someone into the house.

Uncle Zhou Yuan came, Zhou Qiu and Zhou Muzi went out, and the two went outside the yard to wait for the person to pick up their relatives.

Zhou Yuan's second uncle, dressed in a cotton gown, looked forty years old, his sons were tall, and his facial features were somewhat similar to Zhou's mother.

"Hello, second uncle."

"I haven't seen you this year. Brother Yuan has grown up and is about to get married. This time, my uncle is here to give you some makeup. This one is your three uncles' wishes, and the other is your grandmother and grandfather. My heart, I hope you have a safe life in the future." Uncle Zhou Yuan took out two wooden gift boxes. Zhou Yuan didn't know whether to take it or not, but Mother Zhou

took it for her brother with a smile, "Thank you second uncle soon."

"Thank you uncles, thank you grandfather, grandmother!"

Chat with the second brother and ask about the physical condition of her parents, mother and father.

"Second brother, you're here to stay for one more night this time, and then go back tomorrow morning."

Uncle Zhou Yuan thought about it for a while, but promised Zhou's mother to stay one more night, "Okay, sister, I'll go out first, you and Yuan Brother, have a good conversation."

Second Uncle Zhou Yuan left his things and went out.

Mother Zhou arranged clothes for her brother, and opened the makeup that Zhou Yuan's second uncle had given. On each box was a gold bracelet with simple lines, half a centimeter wide, and two bracelets added together would have The one Wei Cheng bought was so big.

Mother Zhou saw that brother's fair wrists were not wearing anything, so she asked, "Yuan Yuan, Wei Cheng bought you a gold bracelet, why didn't you see you wearing it?

" The wooden box was placed on the table, Zhou Yuan didn't want to wear it, it was too conspicuous.

Mother Zhou said with a smile: "Silly child, today is your big day. It should be beautiful and beautiful. What is there to cover? You put on the bracelet, and your uncle brought it with you." After saying that, she helped her brother to get all the gold. Bracelets, one on the left and two on the right.

Zhou Yuan also asked Zhou's mother to help put it on.

Mother Zhou looked at it and was finally satisfied!

The noise outside is more lively!

Matchmaker Zhang's festive voice also came into the room, and matchmaker Zhang shouted,

"The groom is here to pick him up!"