Chapter 20 Hiring Wei Lei

There are boatmen on the dock, cargo movers and a cup of tea.

The movers who didn't have a job on hand gathered together to talk about which stall to go to for lunch.

"I heard that there is a new food stall, and the flatbread they make is super delicious. Do we want to try it?"

"I saw a boatman eating it yesterday. It smells really good.

" The freight workers are so exhausted that they only need that much money, and the big cakes are expensive, and I can't afford them for five cents."

"Five cents a day, I eat steamed buns a day, and it's less than five cents. "

Let's stop thinking about it, let's just think about how much goods can be moved today, there is less farm work, and more workers are coming to rush to move the goods. Yesterday, my wages were several pennies less. In the past, I finished moving." Here, you can go to other merchant ships to move goods. Now, the other merchant ships are full of workers."

"Don't complain, it's important to save a few more bags of goods."

"The strength is limited, you think It's Wei Lei and the others, they are very powerful, and we are the group of people who make the most money."

These movers are villagers from several villages south of the county seat, and they all work as movers on the wharf.

Wei Lei also worked at the wharf. He and the three tall men next to him made friends while working at the wharf. One of them was in the same village as him, and the other two came from other villages.

The four people are strong and their appetite is equally large. In order to save money, they used to eat dry buns. Today, one person mentioned to buy a flatbread to eat. Yesterday, I saw the flatbread bought by other people. , want to eat.

Wei Lei had no problem. He handed over twenty cents to his family every day. This was the salary he told his family. He hid the extra money himself. His money might be the most.

When Wei Lei and the others arrived, Wei Cheng was busy.

"Wei Lei, that's not Wei Cheng, Wei Cheng is actually selling the flatbread!" Wei Lili was surprised to see Wei Cheng selling the flatbread.

Wei Lei also saw it. It turns out that Chengzi's business is to sell flat cakes. Looking at the long queue, the business is very good.

"Do you know the guy who sold the flatbread?" asked Li He, who was traveling with him.

Wei Lili said: "More than knowing each other, we are still from the same village."

"Your villagers are really amazing. With such skills, look at how much that team can sell in a day."

When Wei Lei saw that Wei Cheng was constantly busy, people walked over. He didn't know what they were talking about.

"Chengzi, I'll help you pack it."

Wei Cheng looked at it and immediately asked, "Leizi, why are you here?"

Wei Lei picked up the extra clips next to him to pack the flatbread, "I'm moving goods at the dock, and I'm out of work now. , come to dinner."

"Eat? I'll treat you to a flatbread, and I'll make you one with eggs. Wait for me."

Wei Cheng hurriedly said, "No, I'll help you first."

"Okay, you Collect the money for me, and I'll treat you to dinner later."

Wei Cheng was also too busy, there were more people today than yesterday, and he kept urging him, he didn't even have time to catch his breath, and he sometimes didn't pay attention to whether he gave money or not. When he arrived, Wei Lei helped him load the cakes and collect the money. He didn't have to worry about making the cakes and was distracted to collect the money. It was too tiring.

Wei Lili came to say hello, but Wei Cheng didn't have time to entertain them, so he let them make their own soup. As for buying flatbread, they still had to wait in line. With so many people watching, he didn't want anyone to jump in the queue.

Wei Lili is also an interesting person. He has an average relationship with Wei Cheng, only the same village. Wei Cheng asked him to drink soup, and he was happy. He ordered three soups and went to line up. Li He took the oil paper bag to thank him, but Wu Ping lined up. Shi Shi murmured: "They said they were in the same village, so they wouldn't even allow them to jump in the queue."

Wei Lili: "I don't know Wei Cheng very well, and he also invited us to drink soup, which is also very good."

Wu Pinglai: "The soup is not a gift for buying flatbread Is that right? We'll buy the flatbread later, and it's not the same as soup. He's looking down on you."

Wei Li was stupid, and he was dissatisfied with Wu Pinglai for saying this, but he didn't want to quarrel with him, so he didn't say it, Li He instead It is very clear between right and wrong: "There is not much soup in the bucket. If it is our turn, there will definitely be no more. The strong countrymen asked us to fight in advance because of

their strength." Three servings, the people behind them don't have free soup, and they say that the boss is good. People from the same village even make soup first after going through the back door. Some people say that the boss is clearly smuggling it.

On the other hand, Wei Cheng said that he invited his friends to drink soup. Could it be that my boss can't even invite friends?

Those who have opinions can't say no, after all, this soup belongs to the boss, and it is only natural for him to invite friends to eat it.

When it was Wei Lili's turn, the soup was gone, but Wei Cheng added eggs to the flatbread they bought without eggs.

Wei Lili and Li Ping were very happy to thank them. Adding eggs was a penny more expensive, and this time, they saved a penny. Wu Ping came to thank him, but he thought in his heart that it should not be, and acquaintances should give more.

Wei Lei asked the three of them to go back first, and he wanted to help here.

Wei Lili left first.

The boatmen have quit work, and Lu Dashan and the others hurried to the stall. Not only Lu Dashan and the others, but also a group of people followed. They asked for miso at Lu Dashan yesterday, and they all liked it. The price is a bit expensive, but at least Have a delicious meal while sailing.

A group of people walked by, thinking that something was going on ahead, and all good things followed.

Everyone who saw it thought they were looking for trouble, but they didn't know that this group of people rushed over to buy soybean paste and chili oil.

A group of people from Lu Dashan came aggressively, and some of Weicheng's guests thought they were coming to trouble Weicheng, and many of the guests in line ran away.

Wei Cheng: "..."

Wei Lei thought that Chengzi had offended someone, and worried: "Chengzi, there are so many of them that the two of us can't fight. If there is a fight, we will find a chance to run away. No more, take the money first."

Wei Cheng: "......"

After explaining, everyone knew that they didn't come to trouble the boss, but to buy soy sauce and chili sauce.

A group of men in Lu Dashan knew that they scare away the customers of the owner of the flatbread stall, so they apologized and said that they also bought flatbread.

Wei Cheng rolled his eyes, asked Wei Lei to help sell miso and chili oil, and told him the price, saying that he still borrowed from the stall next door and paid Erwen money.

After the guests knew that this was an oolong matter, they all continued to line up to buy the flatbread. Some guests secretly complained that they were preempted by this group of people, and another person had to queue up to him, and now they have to rearrange.

After following the passers-by who came to see the lively, and the people who came out of the restaurant, I also learned that there is such a delicious flatbread here to eat, and people who want to eat are queuing up.

Wei Cheng's flat cakes were sold out in an hour. The amount he brought today was more than yesterday, and they were all sold out. Customers who didn't buy them later were disappointed except for complaints.

The group of boatmen gave him more than ten kilograms of miso, and five kilograms of chili oil. Yesterday, there were only three or two customers who wanted to buy some.

"Boss, remember to bring miso to sell it tomorrow, that's not enough."

"..."

After the guests dispersed, Wei Cheng made the remaining flatbread for Wei Lei.

Everyone said please eat the flatbread, how could it be sold out.

Wei Lei was not polite. They were brothers. He took the flatbread and ate it. He had been standing at the stall and smelling the fragrance. He wanted to taste it, and it was delicious. "Chengzi, your craftsmanship is really surprising." The breakfast I had last time was even better.

"Let's find a place to sit."

Wei Cheng asked the merchant next to him to help look at the cart, but the merchant agreed in a hurry because Wei Cheng said that he would give him a big cake to eat tomorrow.

The two went to a noodle restaurant. The noodle restaurant had soup noodles and fried rice with coarse grains. Wei Cheng asked Wei Lei to order it. He asked for a bowl of herbal tea, and Wei Lei asked for a bowl of soup noodles. Completely full.

Wei Lei: "Why do you just drink herbal tea, so you're not hungry?"

"My daughter-in-law cooked lunch and went back to eat with her stomach." Wei Cheng showed off in his eyes, he is someone who has his wife to cook, and eating out is no better than eating out. Enjoy your own rice.

Wei Lei: "..."

He felt that the change of friends should be due to the fact that he married a daughter-in-law. People are not dull and dull, but they are full of energy and speak confidently.

He wants to marry a daughter-in-law, and see if he can change it and become more confident. Although he usually does not talk much, he is calm and confident when he does not speak, but when he talks a lot in front of people who are higher than him, he will not be able to speak. emboldened.

He and Yuanzi were worried about Chengzi's livelihood before. Chengzi's business is so good, and he has married a daughter-in-law again, and his life is stable. Instead, he should consider whether he and Yuanzi are trying to make money to marry a wife.

Thinking of his family, marrying a daughter-in-law, unless he leaves that family, he will not have a stable life.

"Leizi, how much does it cost you to work part-time at the wharf."

"There is a job, at most 40 cents a day, usually 30 cents a day, and sometimes a dozen cents a day. What's wrong?"

"I'm considering renting a stall. , there are many tools at the stall, I have to carry it every day, and I have to help with the business. I also want to invite someone here. I want to find an acquaintance. Yuanzi's family has a lot of fields, so I want to ask if you want to come and help me. Busy?"

Wei Cheng was thinking about renting a stall to increase his food, and now the business is booming, so he doesn't worry about the food being sold poorly, he can rent a stall, the stall has a stone eaves to cover his head, and he can also set up a shed in a certain area. Put a table and chairs, not to worry about the sun and rain.

Now I have this consideration because my daughter-in-law said she wanted to help him open a stall. The stall has no roof, and the sun is drying again at noon. It doesn't matter if he is in the sun all day long. If he is drying his wife, he will not feel distressed.

Wei Lei pondered for a moment and said, "If you think I can do it, I'll be fine." Wherever you go to work is also a part-time job, so it's better to help Wei Cheng.

"Okay, then let's settle, the wages must be higher than yours as a mover."

"You can earn so much from this food stall." It's higher than his previous wages, and it's not even fifty cents a day, which is very high. If the wages were fifty cents a day, life would be much more comfortable.

Wei Lei jokingly said: "You are not afraid to invite me to work in vain."

Wei Cheng said: "Don't worry, your brother, I will never do a loss-making business."

"You will help tomorrow morning, including breakfast and lunch, every day fifty-five, afternoon There is basically no need to start work." He estimated that it would be after noon when the flatbread was sold.

Wei Lei: "..." With fifty cents of wages, he still wants to work hard every day and do more, but he would have to work for half a day.

Chengzi's salary is so high, it's not for the sake of his brother.

When he started to work, he realized that the salary of Chengzi Kai was high, but he also earned a lot.

Wei Cheng had to rush home for lunch and prepare what Butler Wang wanted.

Zhou Yuan knew that the cakes were all sold out, and with the money bag in his hand, he felt unreal.

If you can sell so much every day, wouldn't it be dozens of taels a month?

When did money become so profitable?

He was restless.

Wei Cheng: "What's the matter? Your expression is so solemn."

Zhou Yuan: "I'm wondering if this money will be very profitable, but I'm not at ease."

Wei Cheng smiled: "Where is the money, every day before dawn? Just get up, work hard for a day, and only make one or two silver coins, where is more."

This speed of making money may be amazing for the ancients, but for a person who is used to doing business, this speed is very slow, and he thinks it is too little.

"Not much!" His husband was too demanding. One tael of silver was only thirty taels a month. He had never seen anyone who could make money like this before. Household savings are also increasing.

This was something he never thought of.

"When the stall opens and attracts more customers, it will make more money than it is now. Don't you think it will be more at that time."

Zhou Yuan asked in surprise: "Our family wants to open a stall?"

Wei Cheng: "If you want to open a stall, the food at home is too monotonous. After eating the Liangpi flatbread for a long time, the customers will get tired of it. At that time, there will be fewer customers who buy it, and you won't be able to make so much money. Only by having a few more types of food can we keep the guests."

Zhou Yuan thought about it, and he definitely wanted to keep the guests.

"I've dealt with the jelly fruit, can I go and set up a stall for you tomorrow?"

"I met Lei Zi at the dock today, and I hired him for fifty cents a day. Breakfast and lunch are eaten at my house, and I cook at home. The trivial work will be handed over to you, I will do the heavy work with Lei Zi, and Lei Zi and I will be on the stall."

Zhou Yuan: "..." How could he not earn fifty cents a day.

However, Zhou Yuan won't object to any decision your husband makes. Anyway, the family is not short of money, and if they earn so much every day, it's okay to give fifty liters of money.

Besides, Wei Lei is his husband's good brother.

"I'll go to the inner city later, you and I will go."

Wei Cheng wanted to take his wife with him, so that he could see more, he would not detain people in the mansion, he wanted Zhou Yuan to be by his side.

The Cao family is a big family, and everything in it can definitely broaden people's horizons.

Wei Cheng took a brother with him. Butler Wang was surprised when he was notified by his servants.

Butler Wang had inquired about Wei Cheng's background and knew that he was married and married a brother, and it should be his daughter-in-law who followed Wei Cheng. I felt that this Wei Cheng had no experience, so he brought his brother with him when he came to Cao Mansion.

Butler Wang has a plan in his mind, whether to buy the raw materials for jelly or not, if he needs it in the future, he will assign a servant to buy it, and people will not have to come to the door.

Butler Wang rejected Weicheng from coming and going. He didn't know Weicheng, and he didn't care if he knew it. He was busy appeasing Zhou Yuan. Zhou Yuan came into Cao Mansion, even in the side courtyard, the behavior of Cao Mansion's servants, and Cao The luxury of the mansion made him very cautious and cautious, for fear of offending others.

Wei Cheng had seen buildings like the palace, and Cao's mansion was a garden mansion in his eyes. He was not cautious in his eyes, nor was he cautious. It is impossible for him to be stupid enough to point and talk nonsense in front of the servants of the Cao Mansion.

Zhou Yuan's attention was diverted, and he gradually relaxed.

Under Wei Cheng's secret explanation, he became eager to learn and opened his eyes.

Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan came to Butler Wang, and neither of them looked as ignorant as the country people, and they were also cautiously nervous.

Butler Wang wasn't so disgusted with Wei Cheng, and changed his mind, but Wei Cheng's first sentence made Butler Wang's face twitch.

"Hello, Steward Wang, this is the wife of a certain Wei. I brought my wife here today with the intention of coming to the Cao Mansion. Our husband has never seen a wealthy family, so it's rare to come here once, and let my wife come to see and see together. , please forgive me."

Butler Wang: "..." You really dare to say it, and you are not afraid of being driven out.

Butler Wang has never been in contact with anyone, a rogue, a flattering person, a relationship person... But this is the first time I have met such a strange person as Wei Cheng, and his eyes are still open.

Butler Wang really couldn't understand Wei Cheng for a while.

Butler Wang didn't waste time, he took Wei Cheng to the kitchen and asked him to use the raw materials to make jelly, Wei Cheng was doing it, and the cook was learning by the side.

The finished jelly has not yet been formed and is in a water state.

Wei Cheng explained: "For the jelly to become a paste, it must wait for the jelly to cool down."

Butler Wang: "Is there any other quick way?"

"Yes, if you have ice in your house, it can be formed quickly." There is always an ice cellar in a big family.

"Go and fetch the ice," Butler Wang assigned the servant to fetch the ice, and the servant quickly brought it back.

With the ice cubes, the jelly was really quickly formed and turned into a paste, transparent and cold, and it was cold under the freezing of the ice cubes.

Butler Wang was satisfied, and negotiated the price with Wei Cheng. Wei Cheng offered a price of sixty cents per pound, and one pound can make almost two hundred bowls.

Butler Wang thought that Wei Cheng's price was a little low, and that he was doing this to please the Cao Mansion.

Butler Wang, you think too much.

Wei Cheng didn't offer too high value, he wanted to make jelly popular, not to become a wealthy portal for exclusive food.

"It's the price, the old man is innocent."

The author has something to say:

It is purely fictional about making jelly fruit in powder form. This is also for the convenience of writing, so don't take it too seriously!