Chapter 12 Weicheng is a broken house

"Zhou Yuan is really lucky to marry in the county seat."

"Don't say it, I thought at first that I would marry Zhou Yuan, the son of the Wei family is definitely not good-looking, who knows, not only is he not ugly, but also very good-looking, I I was stunned that day."

"I don't think it's necessarily good. The betrothal gifts from the Wei family don't show how well the Wei family is."

"The betrothal gift is for the Zhou family. It's not worth giving more betrothal gifts, so the betrothal gifts are given less."

The betrothal gifts of the Wei family, with the big mouth of Zhou Yuan's aunt, were spread that day.

The villagers also sighed when they heard it. Everyone had a different opinion on the small betrothal gifts from the Wei family. Some people said that the Wei family was stingy. Some people say that marrying a brother is enough, but not marrying a daughter, etc., have become the villagers' after-dinner pastime.

The five girls also gathered to chat and chat, Zhou Lanlan was among them, and they were in the house of a girl in light green clothes. This girl's name was Li Zhiqing, and her family was also a wealthy household in the village.

Li Zhiqing's family now has more than 20 acres of farmland, and the family is also lucky. In five or six years, they earn a lot of silver taels and increase more than 10 acres of farmland before they become rich in the village, but they are not as rich as Zhou Lanlan's family for decades. household.

Zhou Lanlan chatted with these girls and had a very good relationship with Li Zhiqing, while the other three had an average relationship, and even had some disagreements.

"Speaking of Wei Cheng, Lan Lan, didn't this Wei Cheng have a blind date with you before? Wei Cheng is from the county town, so why didn't you meet?" A girl said she was curious and asked, on the surface she wanted to see Zhou Lanlan's jokes look.

"Yeah, what's the matter?" Zhou Lanlan's tone was a little impatient, "What about the people in the county, I don't like Weicheng." The latter tone was even a little rushed.

They didn't care about Zhou Lanlan's tone, because sometimes Zhou Lanlan spoke very proudly and looked down on others. After all, the family was a wealthy family in the village, her brother was studying in the county town, and her father was doing some small business outside. The girls who get along with her will not care too much about her.

But there are people who dislike her, Zhou Lanlan's sister, Zhou Qiaoyin.

"Zhou Lanlan, Wei Cheng chooses a brother, not you. It's clear that Wei Cheng doesn't like you." Zhou Qiaoyin covered her mouth and smiled, her eyes flashing a hint of mockery.

Usually Zhou Lanlan would definitely fight back with cynicism, but today Zhou Lanlan seemed to be in a bad mood, and was instantly provoked, and shouted loudly, "Just like Wei Cheng's shabby appearance, poor, ugly, and hunchbacked, who would care!"

Zhou Lanlan shook her face . , Anger is not level, angrily go home.

Being yelled at innocently, the girls don't know what kind of nerves she's getting, what kind of anger she's getting at them!

Zhou Lanlan was not there, except for Li Zhiqing, the other aunts were somewhat dissatisfied with Zhou Lanlan's temper.

"Look at Zhou Lanlan's usual arrogance . She's not as good as a brother. She's too embarrassed to get angry with us."

"That's right, it's not that we told Wei Cheng to not want her. " Okay, everyone is good sisters, Lan Lan is that little temperament and has no malice." Li Zhiqing played the game for Zhou Lanlan. "Zhiqing, don't have to say good things for her, we all know that you like her brother." Zhou Qiaoyin said. "Yeah, Zhiqing!" Li Zhiqing was pierced by the sisters, and her face flushed.

Li Zhiqing likes Zhou Lanlan's eldest brother, and she somewhat pleases Zhou Lanlan, so she will tolerate Zhou Lanlan's temper.

"Okay, let's not talk about that. Today, I invite you to drink tea and eat cakes. Let's talk about some interesting things." Li Zhiqing is generous and often invites a few little sisters to come home for tea and snacks.

Li Zhiqing said so, and everyone changed the subject.

Aunt Zhou Yuan was not at home and went to the county town early in the morning.

Zhou Lanlan returned home angrily.

Zhou Lanlan was sulking at the mirror alone.

Zhou Lanlan didn't like to mention Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan very much. She was very upset. If she hadn't had a blind date with Wei Cheng, it would have nothing to do with her, but she had a blind date with Wei Cheng, and Wei Cheng didn't like her. This brother Yuan, doesn't it think that she is inferior to that brother Zhou Yuan.

Ever since she was a child, Zhou Lanlan has surpassed Zhou Yuan by a hundred times.

What rubbish, saying that Wei Cheng despised her, she despised the poor Wei Cheng.

Before the blind date, she didn't look down on Wei Cheng, her clothes were dirty, her back was hunched over, she couldn't even speak, and she lowered her head like a mute. She thought that Wei Cheng was the Wei family who came to prevaricate her.

Later, I went back to find out that Wei Cheng was indeed a family member of the Wei family. It was not taken seriously in the Wei family, and was assigned to a house in the suburbs, but it was dilapidated and old, and only two acres of land were assigned. In addition, the tile-roofed houses and half of the land in the countryside belonged to Wei Cheng's eldest brother.

Since they didn't believe it, Zhou Lanlan decided to split the Wei family, and also told about the dilapidated and old house in the suburbs of Weicheng County and only two acres of land under her name.

Let's see who is still secretly saying that Wei Cheng doesn't like her Zhou Lanlan.

Who would dare to say that Zhou Yuan would be fine if he married in the county seat.

Marrying to the county seat is just a suburb of the county seat, not a poor one.

As soon as the news came out, the villagers had gossip to talk about after a meal.

This is the real reason for the lack of betrothal gifts and betrothal silver.

Fortunately, there are many sensible people in the countryside, and Weicheng is still half of the county town, no matter how bad it is, it is much better than the country people. Besides, if Zhou Ge'er can marry, this is already a good target. Of course, a few people mocked behind their backs.

The weather is sunny, the summer is mid-summer, and the greenery is lush.

The mountain is breezy, and the river is very cool.

Zhou, Zhou Qiu, and Zhou Muzi went to the side of the mountain to pick up twigs with their backpacks, and the dried leaves went home and used them as firewood.

The three found a shady place at the foot of the mountain, sat on the ground, and rested for a while.

"Yuan Yuan, do you know about Wei Cheng

's separation?" The story of Wei Cheng was spread in the village, and Zhou Qiu and Zhou Muzi also knew it. Zhou Qiu couldn't hide the words in his heart, so he couldn't help but ask.

Zhou Yuan didn't care, there was nothing to hide, "I know, Big Brother Wei told me the day I was hired."

"That's good, I thought Wei Cheng was hiding it from you.

" If you didn't hide it in advance, it was not a deliberate deception. Some people even said that the Zhou family was deceived by the Wei family.

It was also said that Weicheng was separated out and became a broken house. He had no money to marry a brother. Otherwise, how could the Wei family agree to their son marrying a brother.

"I don't know who spread this story, and it is said that Wei Cheng is both shabby and poor. He only has no money to marry a brother, and the betrothal gifts are so small." Zhou Qiu sneered, Wei Cheng is so shabby, isn't that the guy in the village? Ugly and unseen.

Rumors are spread, but also the actual ones are good or not.

"Do people in the village really think of Big Brother Wei like this?"

"Well, I heard that." Zhou Muzi said.

Zhou Yuan frowned. He was not good at gossip, and no one told him what it was about. He was afraid that his friends would misunderstand Wei Cheng. After thinking about it, he still told his friends what Wei Cheng gave in private.

"Big Brother Wei doesn't just give so many betrothal gifts." For the first time, Zhou Yuan didn't like the random guessing of the villagers.

"Yuan Yuan, did Wei Cheng give something else?"

Zhou Qiu and Zhou Muzi looked at Zhou Yuan expectantly, waiting for him to answer.

"Well." Zhou Yuan said in a low voice, "There is a gold bracelet and a hosta."

The gold bracelet and the hosta cost a lot of silver taels.

Zhou Qiu and Zhou Muzi's eyes lit up.

That is to say, Wei Cheng was so considerate to Yuan Yuan, how could he have given so little betrothal gifts?

"Yuan Yuan, go back and show it to me." Zhou Qiu was excited, she had never seen a gold bracelet at her age.

"Yuanyuan, I'll see it too." Zhou Muzi also expressed his desire to see it.

"Okay."

At Zhou Yuan's house, Zhou's mother explained.

"I know about the Weicheng family split."

Father Zhou looked at his wife in surprise, "Why didn't you tell me." He was still worried.

"I'm not busy, I forgot." Zhou's mother has been busy these days. My brother is going to get married, and the dowry has to be prepared. There will also be two tables for the wedding banquet for my brother. There's no time to mention it.

If you don't, the family will be separated, and it's not that you can't live your life, it's a big deal.

"Okay, I see." Father Zhou nodded and said that Wei Cheng didn't hide this matter, so he had no idea.

When I heard about this, Father Zhou was still worried that Wei Cheng was hiding it on purpose. .

Zhou's father and Zhou Yuan's three brothers all agreed that Wei Cheng was separated from the Wei family, and it didn't matter if he was poor, as long as Wei Cheng was nice to his brother.

Zhou Yuan's three sisters-in-law didn't think so.

Weicheng divided the Wei family, and the things in their hands were few and not worth much. There was a dilapidated house and two acres of farmland. The county seat was expensive, and the cost was also high. The two acres of farmland might be enough for them to eat and drink.

They still want to go there and want to curry favor. Occasionally, they might come back with some good things. Now that they hear that Wei Cheng is poor, they feel disgusted in their hearts.

The only consolation, Zhou Yuan is finally getting married, and no longer depends on eating and drinking at home!

The villagers of Qinghe Village were spreading rumors that others were poor and destitute. Wei Cheng didn't know, and even if he knew, he wouldn't care.

He is poor now.

This is true.

He is busy with getting married now, and his eldest brother called him home temporarily.

It's a wedding arrangement.

Wei's mother: "Eight tables are reserved for the banquet. I will discuss with your father the amount of silver that will be spent on the banquet. It is better to go out from home. You don't need to receive guests. Your sister-in-law and I will take care of it. As for the wedding dress, you have to prepare it yourself. You can decide what to do at home, nothing else matters. Second child, if you have other opinions, you can talk about it, this is your happy event."

Wei's mother said that Wei Cheng did not lift her eyelids, so she was responsible for listening. After Wei's mother finished speaking, Wei Cheng said, "I want to add another table, and that table is reserved for the person who will pick up my relatives with me."

He invited Uncle Zhao, and For those who went to pick up relatives, Lu also needed her to help him that day. There were also a table for 11 or 2 people in the countryside. He had calculated and reserved a few more seats in case he needed it.

Mother Wei had no objection and agreed.

Wei Cheng thought she would refuse, and he planned to pay for the extra table, but now he can save it.

"There's nothing else to do, it's up to you to arrange it!"

Mother Wei and Wei Cheng's sister-in-law smiled with satisfaction.

Regardless of Wei's mother's attitude or his sister-in-law did not object to Wei's mother helping him spend money for the banquet, anyway, someone offered silver taels, and Wei Cheng raised his hands and feet to agree.

Wei Cheng didn't know what Mother Wei and his sister-in-law were thinking about.

The relatives of the Wei family, some live in the county town, some live outside the county town, no matter which family is richer than the Wei family, his sister is married in the county town, these relatives, the gift money will not be less, mother Wei The idea of ​​fighting with his sister-in-law was to collect the gift in an open and honest way.

Wei Cheng didn't care that they had Xiao Jiujiu in their hearts

, he would rather give them some things.

He's really not uncommon.

If he didn't have this IQ, he wouldn't have gone from an ordinary person to work step by step to start a company and sit on the position of president, with a net worth of over 100 million.

He has only been planted once, and it is not counted as a lifetime. It is just that the two men and women are talking about feelings, and they have not reached the point of marriage. Inadvertently crashed, he was also hit by an accidental car accident in ancient times.

It is very simple for Wei Cheng to get a lot of money. Just a few proposals and any big person can be exchanged for a lot of wealth.

It's just too attractive.

In a country with imperial power, he must also know how to seek profit and avoid danger, know how to judge the situation, and follow the trend.

Wherever he is now, starting from where he is, playing steadily is the best way.

Step by step, Wei Cheng did not believe that he could not earn the wealth that belonged to him.

The Wei family arranged a banquet.

With the lessons learned from the betrothal gift, Wei Cheng didn't have much hope, and the banquet prepared by Wei's mother would definitely not be too good.

Wei Yuan and Wei Lei came to help repair the house. Wei Cheng prepared the materials for repairing the house as needed. Wei Cheng also bought paint to repaint the second-hand table and chairs he just bought. The paint is a natural material and can be used after drying.

Repair the ventilation and broken walls, and also repair the kitchen along the way. The wooden storage cabinets in the kitchen can be used as firewood and need to be replaced. The moss stains on the walls and stove are refreshed. In this way, it took two days for the home to repair. Finish.

Before Wei Yuan went home, Wei Cheng asked him to go back to Aunt Lu to help him do something.

There are horseshoes in the country, and it's worthless, but it takes a lot of work to peel Pitts. Wei Cheng troubled Aunt Lu, and in the name of hiring, gave Aunt Lu a day's wages, and asked her to help buy 20 catties of horseshoes, then peel them and send them back.

Wei Yuan refused to take the money, or Wei Cheng said that if he did not take it, he would find someone else, and Wei Yuan would be willing to ask for it.

Horseshoe is to be made into horseshoe powder. If this place does not sell it, you have to make it yourself. I also want to buy red dates and sugar, and plan to make red dates mille crepe.

The red jujube thousand-layer cake made is placed on the person's head every month in January.

He had never seen red jujube puff pastry in Baixiangzhai. The taste of red jujube puff pastry would never be better than the tea in Baixiangzhai. With red jujube puff pastry as the finishing touch to the banquet, no matter how bad the banquet was, it would not be too bad.

The red jujube layer cake is going to be reserved for the last time!