Chapter 72

After the new year, the family workers started to work.

Before, on the second day of the new year, Wei Cheng took Zhou Yuan back to Qinghe Village, light car Jian Cong, went in the morning, and returned to the outskirts of the county town after lunch at noon.

On the day Zhou Yuan returned to her parents' house, Zhou Lanlan also returned to Qinghe Village. It was noon when Zhou Lanlan arrived.

"Zhou Lanlan's return is very pompous. The servants of the carriage, dressed in gold and silver, are surrounded by envious people in the village. I saw it at the time, and also saw Zhou Lanlan's husband, who is very fat, and his fat eyes narrowed into a line. The carriage's mouth disliked the village environment, and the expression was contemptuous. You didn't see Yuan Yuan's aunt's mouth laughing non-stop, and she kept saying good things to flatter the son-in-law, and Yuan Yuan's second aunt was also there. Saying that Zhou Lanlan's husband-in-law is a talented person, I laughed when I saw the hypocrisy."

Zhou Yuan, Zhou Muzi, and Zhou Qiu gathered in the living room of the grocery store, and the three talked about the New Year's anecdote. The scene speaks out.

Zhou Qiu asked: "Yuan Yuan, why didn't you come and tell me when you returned to Qinghe Village on the second day of the first year, so that I could go to find you. You and Wei Cheng are rare to visit, so why didn't your mother leave you and go back in the morning? It's too fast."

"My father and my three brothers took my husband to drink, and they drank a lot. My father and the others planned to continue drinking after lunch. My mother looked at her husband and seemed to feel unwell, knowing that her husband was drinking. I won't refuse my father's invitation, thinking that my husband will definitely get drunk if we drink it, so let us come back sooner."

Zhou Yuan said half-truths, he didn't say anything about the family, he and his husband went back to his parents naturally very happy , nephew and niece, they are also happy to have New Year's money, but the two sisters-in-law are very uncomfortable with smiles on their faces. During lunch, Zhou Yuan looked at his nephew Shitou silently and was unhappy. His parents were happy, but when he saw Shitou becoming silent, his father Mother was not feeling well. Looking at the situation, in that atmosphere, he fell silent, and finally decided to come back early.

Zhou Qiu and Zhou Muzi didn't see anything different and believed it to be true.

After Zhou Qiu finished speaking, it was Zhou Muzi's turn. Zhou Muzi said that he was very happy. Although he and Li Hu lived in a leaky mud house during the Chinese New Year, they also went back to repair it before the new year, otherwise the cold wind would blow into the house and they would not be able to live People, repaired or mud houses.

But they were very happy, and he still ate the New Year's Eve reunion dinner with his family, made stewed meat, and made a hot pot, and lived a prosperous year for the first time.

This is quite normal. Zhou Muzi and Li Hu had a very comfortable life this year. Zhou Qiu looked for a while and asked, "Mother Li and the others didn't go to see Li Hu?"

"Uh..." Zhou Muzi was asked. Eyes dodged, then Zhou Yuan and Zhou Qiu both stared at him at the same time, Zhou Muzi sneered and said it anyway.

"As soon as Ah Hu and I got home, my mother-in-law came to the door." Zhou Muzi said.

"Then did she see you and Li Hu taking the things back?" Zhou Qiu said anxiously, "Did she see it? Did she make a fuss to ask you for it?

" As a gift and welfare, Zhou Yuan also gave Zhou Muzi many annual gifts.

This mother Li can come to the door, maybe she has been waiting for a long time. As soon as people come back, they can't wait to come to the door. It is not for the purpose of coming to the door to ask for filial piety and filial piety money. Don't make a fuss.

Zhou Muzi smiled; "As soon as Ah Hu and I put things away, my mother-in-law came. She didn't see the seafood dry goods, hot pot balls and pastries and candies given by Yuan Yuan, but she saw ten catties of pork in the kitchen. She wanted all of them. Take it back, or if Ahu doesn't give it, she will take half of it, and the New Year's Eve will not stop her."

"It's really cheap for her." Zhou Qiu muttered. "I took half of it this time. Li's mother has the temperament to take an inch. If you don't want to take it in the future, you can take it to your door. You and Li Hu will get used to it."

"This... Yes." Zhou Muzi thought about it. Thinking, "If this is the case, Ah Hu and I will stop him."

Zhou Qiu glanced sideways: "Really stop?" Obviously he didn't believe Muzi's temperament.

Zhou Muzi: "..." He really can't guarantee it.

"Xiaoqiu, Muzi can't stop him, Li Hu will definitely stop him." Zhou Yuan reminded.

With Li Hu's attitude, he will definitely do whatever he wants to do. When he had to marry Muzi, he would try his best to marry him. Even if his family disagreed, he was firm. If one thing is determined, it will definitely be done, and it is useless for the Li family to object.

Zhou Qiu nodded in agreement.

"Also, if Muzi and Li Hu were to build a house in the suburbs, it would be difficult for the Li family to visit the house often," Zhou Yuan said.

When it comes to building a house, Zhou Muzi's eyes are full of expectations: "Well, I have discussed with Ah Hu, and when we earn silver taels, we will build a house in the suburbs, where we can go to work and have a home that belongs to us."

Zhou Yuan said "By the way, Muzi, if you really want to build a house in the suburbs, you'd better buy a place to build a house in advance. The husband said that he wants to buy a piece of land to build a workshop. It seems that the price of wasteland in the suburbs will rise in the future."

As for why Rising, the husband said that set of words, he was dizzy when he heard that, the wasteland sold too much... The price of any real estate will rise, and then...

Zhou Muzi became nervous when he heard it: "Yes, but I and I Ah Hu's wages can't buy land right now!"

Wei Cheng has the ability, and what he said must be credible.

Zhou Yuan said: "Don't worry, I heard from my husband that he thinks Li Hu is capable and calm. He will let him manage the drying workshop this month, and the wages will definitely increase a lot."

Zhou Muzi asked anxiously: "Really Why! Yuan Yuan, Wei Cheng thinks Ah Hu is capable?"

"I can't lie to you."

Zhou Muzi raised his eyebrows and smiled. His family Ahu has the ability. Once he has the money to buy land, he is not afraid of rising prices.

Zhou Qiu was depressed, "You are all close in the future, I am alone in Qinghe Village."

Zhou Yuan and Zhou Muzi heard it and said in unison, "You should find someone to marry!"

Zhou Yuan smiled: " Xiaoqiu, you find someone from the suburbs or the county seat to marry, we are not too close."

Zhou Qiu: "..."

Nowhere!

-

Once the New Year is over.

Wei Cheng is about to get busy, buying a large piece of wasteland. This time, he is not short of money. In addition to building a large workshop, he also needs to build staff accommodation.

The workshop will be completed in about two months. The supply of goods in the north and the supply in the south must be transported to Nanshan County. If the workshop is not established, there will be no place for the supply of goods, and construction must start immediately.

Workers are easy to hire, and even refugees outside the suburbs can be hired. If they go to the countryside, workers are all in place. If things are to be arranged, they have to be busy. And Yin Chengfeng returned to the imperial city, and he was in charge of the sauce work, but it was him who made the decision, so it was not busy.

The workers who are looking for someone to build the workshop will be recruited. After the workshop is established, the workers will be recruited, whether it is a man or a girl. As soon as the news of the recruitment of workers in Weicheng came out, people from Shili Baxiang, the slums of Beicheng and the suburbs were all recruited. Thinking of going to work.

During the New Year's Eve, those who worked in Weiji's workshop brought their five kilograms of meat with them and their wages. No matter whether they were poor or ordinary people, those who worked in the workshop could live a year of meat. .

This shows that those people are making money.

Those who watched it would not be envious, thinking that if there was a chance, they would definitely enter the Weiji workshop.

This time, the Weiji workshop is recruiting again, and everyone wants to squeeze their heads in.

The village chief of Wei Village came to look for Wei Cheng.

In Weicheng Village, there is a job recruitment information posted, and everyone who wants to join the Weiji workshop finds the village chief and asks the village chief to come to the door to be a lobbyist, hoping that Wei Cheng can see the same village and recruit everyone.

If the men in the village have a stable livelihood, then the life in the village will improve after that, which is beneficial to the village.

The village chief came to look for Wei Cheng.

Although he didn't live in the village, Wei Cheng had to spare time to entertain when the village chief came to his door.

Hearing the village chief's explanation, Wei Cheng was silent for a moment. The village chief looked at Wei Cheng's silence and thought he would not agree, so he asked anxiously, "That Wei Cheng, please give me a sentence, if you don't agree, this is the same village. Yes, all the men who come to me have no stable livelihood, and some of their families are still very poor. Can't you think that it is from the same village who agreed?"

"The village chief, you all come to the door in person, for your sake. , I wouldn't agree. Recruiting people from other villages is a recruit, and recruiting people from my own village is also a recruit, but..." Wei Cheng said directly, "I don't know how to eat lazy people, cheating and cheating. Yes, the village chief must understand that I am recruiting people to work, not to be an uncle in the workshop."

"It should be." After hearing Wei Cheng's words, the village chief smiled with a wrinkled face, "Don't worry, as long as You promise, those people in the village who are lazy, cheating and cheating are not good enough, and I, the village chief, promise you that I will definitely help you."

Wei Cheng pondered: "There are words from the village chief, I Definitely agree. Village head, please go back and give me the number and list of people who will come to the workshop, and let them go through the motions at that time, and then sign the employment contract after confirmation." After

Wei Chengcheng's promise, the village head of Wei Village went back satisfied. He wanted to tell the good news to the villagers.

Wei Cheng gave such a big face, which made him the village chief very proud.

Things will definitely be done for Wei Cheng, and it will be easy to ask Wei Cheng for anything in the village in the future.

When the village chief returned to the village, everyone who got the news rushed to gather.

There is a gong hanging under a tree not far from the village chief's house. Usually when something is announced in the village, the village chief will knock the gong to gather the villagers there. This time, there is no need to knock the gong, and the villagers will gather under the tree and wait. on.

A stable livelihood is what the villagers look forward to.

As soon as the village chief appeared, the villagers couldn't wait and asked the village chief one after another.

"Village chief, can we go to the workshop to work?"

"Village chief, what did Wei Cheng say, whether to recruit us?"

"Yes, village chief, please tell us quickly!"

"... Does Wei Cheng disagree?"

"It's all a village, so Wei Cheng wouldn't do such a thing!"

"Who knows..."

"..." The

village chief coughed, Signal the villagers to be quiet.

The villagers gradually quieted down, holding their breaths and waiting nervously.

"Listen well, Wei Cheng agrees." As soon as the village chief said this, the villagers were all delighted to discuss, their faces were full of joy, the village chief signaled the villagers to be quiet again, and shouted loudly: "I haven't finished speaking, wait for me to finish. Discuss again."

A man shouted with a smile: "The village chief, we all listen!"

The villagers were quiet again, not nervous this time. With a smile on their faces, the village chief said, "Wei Cheng agrees with the villagers for the sake of his fellow villagers. It is impossible to enter the workshop to work, except for these people, Wei Cheng agreed that everyone in the village should enter the workshop." After the

words were finished, the villagers began to discuss again.

Some villagers said: "That's the truth, that's for sure. If you hire individuals to do nothing, then it won't work."

Most of the villagers agree, but only a few households disagree. People who are idle, eat lazy, and have bad character, they were originally happy to get a job for free, but now they hear this condition, they are not willing.

Wei Laizi's family is against it, and Wei Lei's parents are also against it...

"Village chief, I don't agree, this is obviously aimed at my family."

"My son doesn't do things, that's my family's business, he has a job. , my son will definitely be diligent."

"..." The

village chief is open-minded about which family in the village is of poor character.

You are against it, you are against it, if you are against it, ask the rest of the village if they will agree.

The village chief ignored them and asked the villagers to line up to register. The others were shamelessly queuing up. As long as they registered their names, they seemed to be able to go to the workshop. The village chief did not care about them. , no registration is no registration.

If he were to register someone, Wei Cheng said that he would take someone through the scene. If he found someone with bad character mixed in, he would have no place to put his face as the village chief.

If there is trouble, the village chief will directly suppress it, and other villagers will scold him nearby, for fear that a piece of mouse feces will ruin the whole pot of porridge.

If it breaks down, the villagers will drown those houses with saliva and saliva.

-

The staff to build the workshop was in place quickly, and the workshop workers took half a month to confirm the staff.

After one month of starting work, if there is any problem, you can leave early.

With such a stable livelihood, those lucky enough to be recruited said that they would wait, and they were anxious to wait for a month or two, as long as there was a stable livelihood.

Wei Cheng considered whether there would be other spies sent to recruit this batch of workers.

I want to take advantage of this month or so to make sure that everyone's family background is clearly registered. People with good character can be placed in important positions, and people with average or unknown character can be placed in ordinary positions. Even people in the same village are arranged the same.

No one is sure whether the people from the same village will be bought off.

Anyway, there are regulations in the workshop. You are not allowed to inquire about the work to be done in each position, and you are not allowed to talk about the job. If you catch it, you will be dismissed directly.

The workshop procedures are all given new names, and they are replaced by serial numbers. Plus, they are all supervised. With the knowledge of ordinary people, even if they have knowledge of spies, they may not necessarily understand what those are.

It is more than enough to deal with these ancients.

Zhou Qiu, her eldest brother, Zhou Muzi, He Datiefulang and other outstanding workers were all directly promoted to team leaders... While

Wei Cheng was busy, the village chief came over to hand in the list.

Wei Cheng said: "Village chief, can there be high-quality paddy fields to buy in the village?" The

village chief was stunned, "You want to buy fields." Then he thought that Wei Cheng only had one mu of paddy fields under his name, so he should buy some fields as an industry, "Yes, yes. , how many acres do you want to buy, and I'll do it for you later."

Wei Cheng said directly: "Is there fifty acres?" The

village chief choked on his tea, "What—! You want five or fifty acres!"

Wei Cheng nodded.

Well, it's not that he heard it wrong, the village chief thought for a while, "If you want it, you need to measure it, are you sure you want it?" Wei

Cheng: "Sure."

The yamen will find someone to measure, and you have to prepare the silver taels."

"Don't worry, the silver taels for buying the fields and for the management are ready. The village chief can tell me the amount." Wei Cheng said, "The fields are recorded in my husband's name. down."

What? ! ! ! ! !

The village chief was stunned!