Chapter 61

Qinghe Village.

Brother Zhou Lanlan, Zhou Junyu rarely went to the academy at home.

Aunt Zhou Yuan greeted her son for a while, Zhou Junyu was at home, and the dishes at home were much more abundant.

Old Man Zhou and Mrs. Zhou saw their favorite grandson at home, who was also the most promising grandson. They carefully asked him about his daily life in the academy, and asked about his studies. When they heard the grandson's praise from the master, they laughed from ear to ear.

Their grandson will take the exam next year as a scholar, and next year their family will have a scholar, and in the future, they will be a well-rounded family in Shili Baxiang.

Zhou Junyu wants silver taels to go home this time. He is a popular candidate for talents next year. There are more people to socialize with. He has to spend money to attend scholar exchange gatherings. The silver taels are spent like running water, and he has no silver taels on hand.

Usually, the two elders of the Zhou family would give it every time they saw that their grandson was short of money. This time, the grandson asked for silver taels when he came back.

Aunt Zhou Yuan could only give silver taels to her son, and she felt a lot of pain in her heart. There was no silver taels at home, but she had to give silver taels to her son no matter how hard it was.

The next day, Zhou Junyu, who took five taels of silver, returned to the academy again.

Zhou Lanlan: "I can marry that noble young master, and the family wants as much silver as possible."

Aunt Zhou Yuan: "That noble young master has a fiancée, so you can wait to marry the non-member son in the county seat. Zhou Lanlan looked disgusted, and suddenly said: "

Mother, do you think Wei Cheng lied to us, that noble young master does not actually have a fiancée, it is Wei Cheng who refuses to help, for fear that I will marry that noble young master, who will be better than them." Money, they are not willing to help matchmaking."

Zhou Lanlan was still unwilling to give up, and the first time she saw such a good man, she was fascinated.

Aunt Zhou Yuan: "How do I know, the words are from your third uncle's family. Your third uncle's family made money from Wei Cheng, his son-in-law, and their family is floating now. However, that brother Yuan doesn't know where to go. Shit luck, marry Wei Cheng. When I asked you to marry, such a good son-in-law is not my family."

Seeing that life in Sanfang is getting better and better, my heart is even more unbalanced.

She was counting on the two old men in the family to go to the third room to bring some silver taels back to supplement the family.

Zhou Lanlan disliked and pouted: "I just don't look down on Wei Cheng, he can't compare to that noble young master, next year my brother is admitted as a scholar, we don't need their help, that noble gentleman sees my brother is a scholar, and he is a businessman. Bu Baba comes directly to the door to advance, what kind of fiancée can be compared to my talented sister."

Such a person is said to be short-sighted, Zhou Lanlan believes that a scholar is a family, and everyone has to come to curry favor.

Aunt Zhou Yuan felt that what her daughter said was reasonable.

Zhou Lanlan stretched out her hand, and Aunt Zhou Yuan patted her daughter's hand: "I want money? Your brother took five taels of silver, and the family doesn't have any extra for you."

Zhou Lanlan: "You gave your brother five taels of silver, how come you don't have any money?" Her mother never concealed her silver taels. She knew that 2 taels of silver would be sent back every month, and the family expenses would not be used that much, so her mother must have hidden a lot.

Aunt Zhou Yuan: "Your father hasn't sent silver taels back for three months, where is the silver tael?"

Zhou Lanlan: "I don't care, I want to buy rouge gouache, I have to look good and take good care of it, that noble young master will like it more. Me."

"I'll give you five hundred wen, and I won't have more!"

......

Zhou Yuan's house.

Three sisters-in-law chatting outside the door.

On Tuesday, my sister-in-law saw that her mother-in-law was not at home, so she dared to mention: "When I went back to my mother's house during the Mid-Autumn Festival, my brother knew about the Weiji grocery store. When I went back and mentioned it, he went to inquire with me and told me that the Weicheng grocery store is as long as you want. Selling commercial goods, if you have the money to get the goods, you can go to the grocery store to get the goods for sale after the assessment process. The assessment in the county is very strict, and it is easy to pass the goods when you sell the goods in the countryside. They make a lot of money." Sister

-in-law Zhou scolded: "They are all white-eyed wolves. When you get married, you don't care about your parents' family, so you can make money from outsiders." On

Wednesday, Sister-in-law quietly rolled her eyes. Most of them are relatives who are on the side. This sister-in-law is still so brainless. It is easy to use it. "Mother-in-law and our husband will not allow us to take our family members to the grocery store for work. What else can we do?"

Around Tuesday , the sister-in-law After looking at it, he leaned over and whispered: "There is a way."

"What is the way?!" The

two leaned over.

"My brother said that we should hide from my husband's family and directly take people to the grocery store to find Brother Yuan. If everyone takes them there, Brother Yuan can still drive us back. No matter how we say it's his sister-in-law, go look for him, he If you can't even show up and not see us, when you see Brother Yuan, it's best to put it forward in public, so that he can't drive his relatives away, otherwise people will despise poor relatives before they say that he is prosperous."

This is a good way.

It was who went to look for Brother Yuan. Sister-in-law on Wednesday: "My family can't be successful

. If my brother directly arranges work for him, he will be fine, and let him go to work. How can he have this ability."

I can't hold back a few words."

"I'll go—" Sister Zhou said.

On the Mid-Autumn Festival, she went back to her mother's house, and her mother's house also asked her to find a way to get her eldest brother and younger brother into the workshop. If the workshop could not get in, she would let the eldest brother take the goods and be the dealer.

She is Brother Yuan's eldest sister-in-law, and the elder sister-in-law is like a mother, and Brother Yuan can't drive her away.

The mother-in-law did not agree, she went over without anyone knowing the work, and the mother-in-law could not object.

Tuesday's sister-in-law and Wednesday's sister-in-law looked at each other, and it was done!

-

Zhou Yuan didn't know that his three sisters-in-law were calculating at home.

Zhou Muzi's matter was resolved, he was relieved.

He now reads the ledger in addition to reading the book every day at the grocery store.

Yun Chengfeng came back from Fucheng and wanted to ask Wei Cheng to go to Taifu Building to talk about things. It should take a long time to talk. Wei Cheng let him stay in the grocery store because he was afraid that he would be bored.

"After lunch, obediently take a nap."

"I'm not a child, I know."

Wei Cheng told his daughter-in-law, and then ordered Xiao Liu, "You have to serve the lord well, and if there is something, let Wei Hu go to Taifu Building to find me."

"Yes . ." Xiaoliu answered with bent knees.

Wei Cheng went out.

After lunch, Zhou Yuan, who was accustomed to taking a nap, felt tired at the time, so he went back to the yard to take a nap.

After he fell asleep, Xiaoliu lit the aromatherapy. The aromatherapy was a new product in the workshop. The light fragrance filled the room soothing.

Just over a quarter of an hour after Zhou Yuan fell asleep, Xiao Liu came to wake him up.

Xiaoliu originally didn't want to wake up the lord, but he was arguing in the grocery store, especially the man, who spoke loudly and unpleasantly. She asked Wei Hu to drive him away, and the elder sister-in-law, who called herself the lord, spat out.

The three uncles and young masters of the Zhou family went to the county town to sell commercial goods again, not in the grocery store.

Since the entrance of the grocery store is selling commercial goods to the passing business travelers on the official road, there are many smart hawkers who sell vegetables and set up stalls on the opposite side of the grocery store. Some people also set up a simple tea shop and a pasta shop. too much.

People were arguing in the grocery store, and after a few quarrels, they ran to the door screaming.

Butler Mao accompanied the master to Taifu Building. The only person in charge of the grocery store was the master, and Xiaoliu had to ask for instructions.

Zhou Yuan woke up with a worried expression.

Xiao Liu twisted the handkerchief and handed it over, and Zhou Yuan wiped his face before he was in good spirits. He couldn't figure out how big sister-in-law would come to the grocery store to make trouble.

Zhou Yuan pondered: "Xiao Liu, let's go out and have a look."

"Yes, my lord." When

Zhou Yuan came out, he saw his eldest sister-in-law sitting at the door of the grocery store, not inside the grocery store. A man in his teens, with long flowing air, squinting mouse eyes, and greed flashing in his eyes, is the sister-in-law and her elder brother.

Sister-in-law Zhou Li's elder brother saw Zhou Yuan coming out, and he pulled the next person, "Sister, Brother Yuan has come out." Then he faced Zhou Yuan with a greasy smile, "Brother Yuan, I am your sister-in-law and elder brother. Brother Yuan's clothes are really rich and noble, and he will take care of my relative in the future."

People still wanted to get closer to the past to establish a relationship, but the two brothers Wei Jin and Wei Shi stood in front of him.

Sister-in-law Zhou Li, his eldest brother pouted in dissatisfaction and winked at his sister.

Sister-in-law Zhou Li smiled and said: "Brother Yuan, sister-in-law is here to ask for your help today. You know that sister-in-law's family is poor, my elder brother and third brother have no livelihood, and the grocery store is recruiting people. Look, elder sister brought my elder brother here. When you see a job, they are all relatives, so you should give face to my sister-in-law and invite my elder brother to work in the workshop." Although the elder

sister-in-law Zhou Li was impulsive, she came to ask for help, and she would definitely not offend anyone, she wanted to please.

Zhou Yuan did not agree, but instead asked, "Sister-in-law came to find me, does he know about elder brother?"

Sister-in-law Zhou Li's eyes flickered, and her face twitched.

It seemed that his sister-in-law came to him on her own initiative.

Sister-in-law Zhou Li, her eldest brother tugged at the corners of the sister's clothes, winking to make her speak quickly, how can people be speechless just by saying a word from Brother Yuan? Now, this brother Yuan has a lot of momentum when he has money. To make him so rich, he can spend it lying down...

Sister-in-law Zhou Li lost her smile: "Brother Yuan, it was the sister-in-law who did something wrong in the past. "Sister-in-law apologizes to you, we are all a family, you don't remember the villain, don't get angry with my sister-in-law, my sister-in-law will treat you well in the future, just like a younger brother."

Zhou Yuan said lightly: "Sister-in-law, everything is all right. It's over." He didn't care because he felt it was unnecessary, he would respectfully call her sister-in-law, and nothing else would be possible.

"Oh, I know that Brother Yuan is sensible, and sister-in-law is relieved." Sister-in-law Zhou Li said happily, "Brother Yuan will let my brother enter the workshop for the sake of sister-in-law, and my brother will definitely do a good job, sister-in-law. Just here, thank you Brother Yuan, when you go home another day, my sister-in-law will cook you something delicious." Sister-in-

law Zhou Li's heart fluttered, thinking that Brother Yuan didn't care, she was still his sister-in-law, as a sister-in-law, Brother Yuan would definitely I want to listen to her, and I am very happy. I will definitely be able to enter the workshop with my third brother tomorrow.

"Yes, yes, I must do things well. I am the most diligent person."

Zhou Yuan said lightly: "Sister-in-law, I don't agree with anyone entering the workshop. My sister-in-law and I are family affairs. If my sister-in-law wants someone to enter the workshop, it is better to discuss it with my elder brother, and then see the work according to the procedures. If you pass the qualifications, you can enter the workshop. "

Sister-in-law Zhou Li's smile froze on her face, and she instructed people to get used to it. Seeing Zhou Yuan's objection, she wanted to get angry. Her elder brother grabbed her clothes and let her see the form clearly. If she couldn't enter the workshop, there was nothing else. She said The ninja was angry and squeezed out a smile: "...If you don't enter the workshop, get the goods from the head office. We will bring silver taels to get the goods. My elder brother will go back to the village to sell. Brother Yuan, you will agree to this."

How much money can you make by going to the countryside to sell.

The two brothers and sisters of Zhou Li's family thought about the next step before they came, and proposed to go back to the countryside to sell the goods, which would make it easier to get commercial goods.

Zhou Yuan: "Sister-in-law, I won't agree, please come back."

He won't agree, he is very clear about the character of his sister-in-law's family.

"What—"

After saying so much, she didn't agree. Sister-in-law Zhou Li's impulsiveness made her anger soar.

"Brother Yuan, I'll leave it here. If you think I'm your sister-in-law, you will agree to let my brother sell the goods. If you don't think I'm your sister-in-law, don't go back to your mother's house in the future. I don't welcome you as a white-eyed wolf. "

Sister-in-law Zhou Li and her elder brother shouted loudly: "Everyone has heard, that is, the rich don't look down on relatives, others can come to get the goods, and relatives are willing to come, this means that the rich look down on poor relatives like us. "

Sister-in-law, your sister-in-law doesn't respect you. You belong to the Zhou family. The next time he goes back to his parents' house, he should drive him away and make him look down on others. If he doesn't go back to his mother's house, he won't be bullied by his husband's family. !"

"Shut up—"

The third brother of the Zhou family was carrying a burden and stood not far away with angry faces. They were about to come back to replenish the goods after they had sold out, but they didn't expect to see people who were originally at home come to the grocery store to make trouble.

Zhou Yong walked over and shouted angrily: "Why did you go to the grocery store, it's not that you are not allowed to come to see Brother Yuan!" The

elder sister-in-law Zhou Li looked at her head, shrank her neck, and did not dare to say anything.

"Go back!"

Sister-in-law Zhou Li's elder brother said: "Brother-in-law, you are wrong. My sister brought me here to get the goods, how can you scold people."

Zhou Yong looked at his brother-in-law and said sternly: "Brother, you want Just follow the rules to get the goods, I won't stop me, I'm asking my daughter-in-law to go home, so don't make a sound."

If he could get the goods, he wouldn't let the girl come, his sister-in-law Zhou Li and her elder brother said: " Brother-in-law, this is your fault, it's not that I don't give money to get the goods, the whole family is relatives, I'll just come to get some goods to sell and you will tell me the rules-"

While talking here, Wei Cheng just returned to the grocery store.

When he received a report from Wei Hu, he rushed back immediately. When he came back, he saw his brother-in-law and the others were there. His daughter-in-law was standing at the door of the grocery store. Wei Jin, Wei Shi and Xiao Liu were guarding him. He walked calmly to his wife's side.

"Husband!" Zhou Yuan saw the person raise a smile.

"I'm back!" Wei Cheng held his daughter-in-law's hand, "Who's the man next to my sister-in-law?"

Zhou Yuan: "My sister-in-law is her eldest brother."

Wei Cheng: "My sister-in-law brought someone to the grocery store to see work?"

Zhou Yuan Yuan: "No, I'm here to get the goods, I don't agree."

He knew very well who the eldest sister-in-law's family was. To put it bluntly, she was a rogue.

Wei Cheng knew this, so he didn't say anything. He and his wife watched the elder brother and the others talking, and they didn't forget to signal Wei Jin and Wei Shi to help Wei Hu and the others disperse the crowd.

The onlookers wanted to hear. The grocery store owner came back, but they didn't dare to watch. If they wanted to watch, they had to stand on the official road. They were all far away.

Over there, Zhou Yong disagreed. Sister-in-law Zhou Li and her eldest brother had gloomy eyes, and there was nothing he could do. He thought he was related and could get the goods, but he didn't expect to give him any face.

Zhou Yong asked his elder sister-in-law Zhou Li to go back. She lowered her head and said nothing, thinking she would leave, but who knew she suddenly said angrily: "Zhou Yong, I gave birth to the eldest son for you, and you treated me like this, to my parents' family. , I will come to get the goods and sell them, why don't you agree!"

Then he pointed at Zhou Yuan and said, "I didn't treat Brother Yuan badly before, and I didn't treat him badly and beat him. It's a fact that he couldn't get married before. Can't I, my sister-in-law, have any opinions and say a few words to him, my sister-in-law has come to apologize now, what else do you want to do?"

Zhou Yong said with a dark face: "This is your apology attitude, if you apologize, you have to ask my brother to agree to let it go. My brother-in-law will take the goods. The family does not agree with you coming here. I didn't rush people when you came. I just asked you to go back. If your elder brother wants to get the goods, he will follow the rules, and he can get the goods after the assessment."

"What are the rules and regulations, what do relatives want? The rules are clearly looking down on people—" Sister-in-law Zhou Li couldn't hold back her temper, lost her mind, and pointed at Zhou Yong and scolded, "Okay, I'll let Wei Cheng know who Yuan Ge'er is, Yuan Ge'er couldn't get married in the first place. , my family went to ask for the marriage of Brother Yuan on behalf of the third brother. We said it well, and verbally determined that Brother Yuan is my family. When you hear that my third brother is not making a living, you will regret it, and turn your head and turn your face. , Brother Yuan should have been my brother—"

"Shut up—" Zhou Yong shouted violently.

The elder sister-in-law Zhou Li was shocked by this loud shout, and she instantly recovered. When she realized what she had said, her whole body froze - the

three brothers of the Zhou family had gloomy faces.

Zhou Yuan's face was pale, he was holding on to his husband's clothes, his fingertips trembled, Wei Cheng looked furious, he didn't have a seizure on the spot, the important thing was his daughter-in-law beside him.

"Husband, no, it's not like this..."

"Good, husband won't listen."

Xiaoliu hurriedly went into the room to pour tea, and the servants hurried in and moved a chair out for the master to sit on.

When the chair was moved out, Wei Cheng pulled someone to sit him down. It was not easy to take someone into his arms to comfort him outside. Then he took Xiaoliu's tea and carefully fed it to his daughter-in-law to comfort him.

Sister-in-law Zhou Li's elder brother saw that something was wrong and took the opportunity to run away.

The three brothers of the Zhou family looked at their pale younger brother and their younger brother-in-law, whose complexion was sinking. The three brothers were furious. Thinking that the younger brother is someone who has a marriage contract, will despise the younger brother.

His younger brother had been gossips and rumors in those years, but now he has his brother-in-law to take care of him, so he can't let his brother-in-law feel dissatisfied.

"Miss Li, you dare to swear that what you said is true, if you falsely blame my brother, your family Li will not end well!" Zhou Yong shouted angrily!

That sound from Mrs. Li was like an outsider!

"I...I...I'm talking nonsense, I didn't mean it..." Sister-in-law Zhou Li was horrified!

"Okay, don't tell me!"

Zhou Qiang gritted his teeth, "My family has never agreed that my brother has anything to do with your third brother. It was your Li family who brought people directly to the door and threatened my family to disagree, so they went out and spread the word. My family agrees to the marriage of the two families, and intends to use means to force my family to agree, how could my family agree to my brother marrying you, a prostitute, a drunkard, a slacker."

"My family disagrees with life and death. Your family secretly released rumors to ruin my brother's reputation, saying that my brother is ugly and nobody wants him, and he looks like a man. He has a bad temper at home. Poor temper and disrespect for elders... You said that your family didn't know about slandering my brother. For the son's sake, your family came to apologize later. My family didn't care about you, and you still have the face to falsely accuse you My brother, ruining my brother's reputation—"

"Li, I want to break up with you—"

"No—I was wrong, my husband, I was wrong, I just got angry and lost my mind, I just talked nonsense, I gave it to Brother Yuan. Apologize--"

Zhou Yong ignored the pleading Li Shi, he turned to his brother-in-law, and just about to speak out for his brother, Wei Cheng managed to coax his daughter-in-law, and said solemnly to his brother-in-law: "Brother, don't say anything, I marry Yuan Yuan and he is my Wei Cheng's wife. I, Wei Cheng, are not that kind of superficial person. Even if Yuan Yuan had a marriage contract in the past, I wouldn't care, I only know that he is my wife."

Wei Cheng tightened his arms and hugged him. The frightened daughter-in-law in her arms tightly said, "Brother, take someone back first, take care of the family affairs and then come back to work. Fortunately, this time I ordered people to evacuate the crowd, so Yuanyuan's reputation was not destroyed, and you don't have to bear others' pointing and pointing. Otherwise, things will be difficult today."

He knew how important a brother's reputation is, let alone falsely accusing a brother of having a marriage contract with someone else, and repenting of marriage is not keeping the rules, not abiding by women's ethics, which completely ruins a person's reputation and suffers wherever he goes. People point and point.

Wei Cheng said fiercely: "Next time, I won't be called Wei Cheng unless I put someone in jail."

Li Shi was even more afraid of shivering.

Wei Hu pulled the carriage to the door of the grocery store, Wei Cheng hugged the person horizontally, and entered the carriage back to his home in the suburbs.

The three brothers of the Zhou family brought people back!