Chapter 78

Chamber of Commerce banquets, family members can be brought.

Wei Cheng thought about it for a while, but decided to bring his daughter-in-law over there.

Xiaoliu was born as a maid from a big family. With her by his wife's side, Wei Cheng doesn't have to worry about her daughter-in-law being bullied at the banquet. What's more, his daughter-in-law assists in managing the workshop on weekdays, and it is absolutely no problem for his daughter-in-law to deal with the behavior of those back-house wives.

Wei Cheng and Zhou Yuan wore the same style of clothing, the dark-patterned brocade was low-key and luxurious, and the clothes were made of imperial brocade.

The chamber of commerce is very large, and the banquets of the chamber of commerce are held in the chamber of commerce.

After they arrived, they were received by the servants of the Chamber of Commerce.

Wei Cheng repeatedly warned: "Daughter-in-law, don't be afraid to offend others, don't be polite when you meet someone who doesn't have eyesight. If you have anything, let Xiaoliu come to me."

Wei Cheng asked two maids Following behind the daughter-in-law is prevention.

Zhou Yuan is dressed in light brocade and has a gentle and light temperament. He smiled helplessly: "You have been talking about it since yesterday. Xiaoliu told me the etiquette and rules of the banquet, and I will handle it.

" A lot of them went to grocery stores to talk about cooperating with shopkeepers. After reading a lot of stories about the back house, they could understand it, and it wasn't like facing high-ranking officials and nobles, he could handle the gentry and merchants.

Wei Cheng followed Wei Hu, the two went to the front yard, and Zhou Yuan followed Xiao Liu and Qiao Xi to the backyard.

Every time at the Chamber of Commerce's banquet, in addition to the influential people invited by the Chamber of Commerce, the uninvited businessmen will try their best to get an invitation letter, which is a good opportunity to make contacts, which will be missed.

At the banquet of the Chamber of Commerce, not only the prominent figures in Nanshan County, but also many famous nobles, scholars will be invited, which is also due to the improvement of the status of businessmen.

When scholars come to the banquet, they all want to be in the limelight at the banquet and have the opportunity to show off their reputation. If they take this opportunity to be appreciated by a wealthy family, they may get a good marriage.

In short, when there is a party in a banquet, everyone's purpose is to make a profit.

The county magistrate of Nanshan County was also invited. Originally, there was an official and businessman. He should have been there, but he was busy with government affairs, and government affairs were also related to his performance, so he could not attend.

——In

the backyard, many businessmen and wives gathered to discuss.

"This official businessman does not have any background, he is a man from the countryside, and his background is not from a farming family. What good luck did this person have to become an official businessman!"

"You don't understand that, Baizhenlou and Baiweizhai belong to this official businessman. An industry can't stand in the inner city without a foundation, and there must be a backstage behind it."

"Yes, a countryman can become an official and businessman, and he must have extraordinary skills to be appreciated by big men.

" It's worth your praise, not just a countryman." A businesswoman looked down on another jealous face.

"Hey, you look down on people so much. If you have the ability, your family will be an official businessman. I think the pearl gold hairpin on your head is a new type of Baizhen Building. After you dislike it so much, don't go to Baizhen Building to buy any goods."

"It's Baizhen Building. When it comes to business, I have money, I can buy it if I like it, what's with you, I think you can't afford it."

"What can't you afford? If you don't buy it ahead of me, I won't be able to buy it if I go late. , how could it be your turn to buy. I see that you have been slandering others, it is clearly jealous."

"I am jealous, but you are jealous. Your family has recently acquired a few new concubines. It costs a lot, and you can afford it with silver taels."

"you......."

"Okay." Another businesswoman hurriedly made a sound, "Don't quarrel with the two ladies. If you keep arguing again, it's not for nothing, but don't be rude. Sitting in the pavilion not far away is Mrs. Min Lin. Madam and a few noble ladies, it would be a shame to let them notice that we were making a noise at the banquet and drive us away."

The two quarrelsome business women noticed that their stubborn voice attracted many girls' relatives to watch and discuss, I didn't dare to say any more.

As for Mrs. Min and the other noble ladies, they noticed that the two business women were arguing, and they felt it was unnecessary to even give a look to these business women who couldn't make it on the stage.

They were discussing Weicheng's affairs. Weicheng married his brother to be his husband, and he was still a countryman. After thinking about it a few times, he felt that Weicheng, a country-born husband, would not be able to stand on the stage.

Mrs. Cui smiled and said, "A countryman, that person named Wei Cheng is so capable, sooner or later he will marry a high-ranking daughter and become the mistress of the house."

Mrs. Cao said, "Today's banquet, I don't know that this Boss Wei will be able to do so. Won't you bring his husband to attend?"

"If you bring a country husband to such an important banquet, then Wei Cheng will become an official businessman, and he will save face, and he will definitely not let his husband attend." Madame urged.

Mrs. Cao covered her mouth and smiled: "Mrs. Cui and I guessed something."

Mrs. Lin didn't think so much, and said warmly: "I can't say too much, I heard that Wei Cheng is very fond of his husband, and he has an estate in his name. Both his husband and his wife are involved."

Madam Min shook the fan in her hand and said, "What is there to discuss about this matter? No matter how good a man's fame, fortune, status and relationship are, who doesn't have three wives and four concubines. If people come or not, we will know later. That's it."

These words made sense, and several noble ladies changed the subject.

After a while, the maid came to report, and the ladies looked at the person who came, dressed in low-key luxury brocade, gentle and handsome, and the bearing did not lose the noble family education.

The maid led Zhou Yuan over to meet the chamberlain president's wife first.

Zhou Yuan was guided by Xiaoliu at home, and politely greeted several ladies of the aristocratic family.

Several ladies of noble families are elders. He first greeted them out of respect for the elders. Otherwise, as an official and business husband, he could actually nod and greet others without fault.

Several aristocratic ladies were surprised by Zhou Yuan's demeanor, not like a country boy at all. They are all human beings, and they greet people warmly with warm smiles on their faces, but their hearts are sullen.

The ladies of the aristocratic family left people to sit for a while, and then arranged for their maids to lead them around.

"There will be a drama banquet later. Wei Furang, you have never been to the Chamber of Commerce. Take a good tour. We will meet you later." "

Several ladies, I'm sorry."

Madam, she found a pavilion to sit.

Without others, the three master and servant were happy and comfortable, drinking tea, eating snacks and admiring the view of the backyard.

-Min

Yueting is Miss Min's family. As President Min's daughter, she will attend.

Min Yueting invited her friend Wen Lanzhi, the post was sent to Wei's house, and the Wei family also came. The problem was that Mrs. Wei came and brought her mother and daughter from the Wang family, which made Min Yueting's teeth itch.

"Okay, I'm not angry, so don't be angry." Wen Lanzhi gently advised.

"When your mother-in-law did this, she stepped on your face, especially the Wen family's face." Min Yueting exasperated.

"I've seen it all." If she can't change, why embarrass herself, her mother-in-law's behavior is almost to be hired by Wang's family, and the only person who can change it uses the imperial examination as an excuse to choose to escape.

Min Yueting's voice increased: "You want to compromise?!"

"No." Wen Lanzhi shook her head, "When Miss Wang enters the door, I will choose to reconcile." Wen Lanzhi said this, her expression gloomy, "My parents let me I'll talk to my husband, if he really chooses to blame me, I'd rather choose to reconcile, I can't work with others."

When she married the Wei family, it was because of the low family background of the Wei family, or the family of farming and study. There was no concubine in the Wei family's family style, and Wei Jihui moved her with true affection, so she chose to marry into the Wei family.

She would talk to her husband, but she had to wait for him to finish the imperial examination, and she didn't want to affect his performance.

Wen Lanzhi has a skillful and generous temperament, but in some ways, she would rather be jaded.

Regarding her friend's affairs, Min Yueting felt sorry for her in her heart. She would marry Wei Jihui only if she had Wei Jihui in her heart. It would not help if she troubled Wei Jihui.

Her family also persuaded her to marry the Lin family. Lin Beiyu, who was idle all day, didn't like it when she saw it.

When he was seated, Zhou Yuan saw Madam Wei and Wen Lanzhi, and when he saw them, Yu Li would go over to say hello, regardless of whether his aunt and cousin-in-law agreed with him.

Zhou Yuan walked up to the two of them: "Auntie, how are you in the lobby."

Mrs. Wei and Wen Lanzhi saw the jade-like brother greeting them, and they were confused by his name. They looked at the brother in front of them. no impression.

Min Yueting asked her friend, "Know?"

Wen Lanzhi thought for a while before she remembered that her husband's cousin in the countryside had married his brother. It could be seen that the other party's temperament and low-key luxury didn't look like it, and hesitantly said: "You are, Wei Cheng's cousin's husband?"

Zhou Yuan replied with a gentle smile, "Yes, sister-in-law."

Next to Mrs. Wei, when she saw Zhou Yuan's finely dressed, she thought that the brother in front of her had a good family background, so she should have recognized the wrong person, but she wanted to take this opportunity to get to know him. When she heard that it was the husband of the country son of the second brother's family, She made no secret of her disgust.

Even thinking that the other party is wearing this body, is swollen and fat, and I don't know how to get in.

Mrs. Wei didn't know the goods, so she couldn't see the value of Zhou Yuan's body. Guanghuangcheng's brocade cost a hundred taels, not to mention that the pendant on his waist was a high-quality sapphire jade, or it was bought from the imperial city by Wei Cheng through Yin Chengfeng, and his wrist A precious pink pearl bracelet is worth a fortune.

Mrs. Wei's disgust was the essence, and she didn't even want to answer, she turned her head and chatted with the mother and daughter of the Wang family.

Wen Lanzhi was very displeased with her mother-in-law's behavior. She didn't have much contact with her second uncle. After all, she was her own relative and had to take care of her family.

Wen Lanzhi's first impression of cousin Wei's husband was very good, but she was very unhappy compared to the flattering eldest daughter-in-law of the second uncle's family.

Wen Lanzhi didn't know how Wei Cheng's cousin-in-law came in. Since he would be seated, he pulled Zhou Yuan to sit together. The seats were all arranged. With Min Yueting present, it would be no problem to add another seat.

In fact, Zhou Yuan's position was in the first row. He sat down with Wen Lanzhi to the third row. He just smiled and accepted Wen Lanzhi's kind invitation without explaining much.

Mrs. Min knew what had happened, so she left Zhou Yuan to sit there. She was surprised that Wei Cheng and the Wei family were actually related, so she understood Wei Cheng one-sidedly.

Mrs. Wei sat with the mother and daughter of the Wang family.

Here, the opera begins, and all parties entertain in the front yard.

-

Wei Cheng had just arrived, and he was no longer dressed as low-key as the first time he went to the Chamber of Commerce, but instead, he was high-profile. He was dressed in black dark-patterned brocade, tall, handsome, and imposing.

Just what he meant, to oppress people in terms of momentum.

Facing the powerful group of people in Nanshan County, Wei Cheng had no stage fright and behaved like a countryman.

The businessmen of the Chamber of Commerce met Wei Cheng and those who had not seen Wei Cheng at the Chamber of Commerce last time. Everyone thought about it a few times, and they all had to face the man in front of him with an imposing manner. , becoming an official businessman is undoubtedly based on his personal ability.

After the small talk, it was just socializing, talking about the situation, complimenting each other, and breaking the topic. Some topics were brought up to Wei Cheng, intentionally or unintentionally. Wei Cheng pretended to be confused, and you talked about it without naming names. Indicated, he calmly smiled and did not answer.

Wei Cheng is not someone to be led by the nose. He has always been the leader in negotiating in shopping malls, just because the sovereignty is in his hands. Whatever the Chamber of Commerce thinks, as far as the supply of goods in his hands is concerned, the sovereignty is in his hands.

While they were talking, Wei Cheng spared his head and thought about whether his daughter-in-law would take good care of him.

When Chairman Min and others saw that the client did not answer, then how did they plan to continue the conversation? After a few eye contact, Chairman Min pointed out tactfully: "Well, brother Wei, you have become an official businessman, and you are registered in the chamber of commerce, so you are a member of the chamber of commerce. As a member, you should understand the rules of the chamber of commerce, you are an official businessman, you have relative privileges in the chamber of commerce, and you can get resources belonging to the official business from the chamber of commerce."

After the chamber of commerce has gone from the management of civil organizations to the development of the business economy of the imperial court, half of the management rights of the chamber of commerce belong to the imperial court. Organizations are led by officials and merchants. Only officials and merchants can sell products controlled by the imperial court. When officials and merchants obtain resources for commodities controlled by the imperial court, they can obtain them from the Chamber of Commerce.

For example, official salt, official tea, porcelain, silk, overseas trade goods...

Wei Cheng said modestly: "President Min, you are the chairman of the Chamber of Commerce, and Wei is a new official businessman. Many officials and businessmen do not understand the rules. I also ask President Min to give me more advice."

President Min was satisfied with Wei Cheng's attitude and said with a smile: "Yes, you and I are officials and businessmen of the same level. You are welcome. You can come to the Chamber of Commerce to receive your privileges when you have time."

Wei Cheng has no idea about this privilege for the time being. The profit from selling official goods is even greater, not to mention that he is interested in overseas privileges. The Nanshan County City Chamber of Commerce has no overseas resources. To obtain the right to trade overseas, it must be obtained from the Fucheng Chamber of Commerce.

Wei Cheng said with a smile: "President Min, this is not urgent. I am busy with the workshop and the North-South trip, and I have no time for anything else at the moment."

President Min laughed and said, "Speaking of Brother Wei's new large workshop and In North and South Bank, the merchants in the chamber of commerce are all interested in cooperating with my brother. They are all from the same chamber of commerce. It is better to provide the merchants of our own chamber of commerce with the goods of the North and South Brother Wei

. The proposal is good, and the fat water will not flow to outsiders' fields." The

others followed closely, agreeing with President Min's proposal.

Wei Cheng smiled and said nothing.

President Min wore a smile on his face with a hint of embarrassment. This Wei Cheng is really calm and cautious in his work. President Min gave the following people a look and asked them to speak up. It was Cui Patriarch who spoke first: "Brother Wei, everyone is a chamber of commerce. The merchants should advance and retreat together. I heard that Nanbeihang is a company specializing in wholesale goods for Brother Wei. To be honest, Brother Wei, we all intend to cooperate with you, Brother Wei, to wholesale goods from Nanbeihang, which is mutually beneficial. Presumably, Brother Wei will agree. "

Wei Cheng said: "Patriarch Cui, you praised Wei, and you gave Wei some face to go to the North and South Bank to buy the source of goods. How can I disagree? Of course, if you are sitting here working with Wei, you can look up to me."

Cui Patriarch smiled: "Brother Wei is really refreshing."

President Min and the merchants present were satisfied with Wei Cheng's sense of interest, and smiles appeared on the corners of their mouths, thinking about how to get a share.

Cui Patriarch continued: "Since Brother Wei agrees, we can eat as much of the medium and high-grade goods in North and South Bank. I don't know how much supply Brother Wei can provide to the Chamber of Commerce?"

Wei Cheng's lips curled slightly: "North and South follow the rules, as long as Within the scope of the workshop's shipping capacity, the Cui family can supply as many sources as they want."

Do you want to follow the north-south rules?

Everyone was stunned, then if they wanted a higher source of goods, they had to provide the source of goods on hand.

This is not their original intention. They do not want to provide the source of goods on hand, so that they can wholesale the high-level source of goods from the north to the south.

Cui Patriarch: "Brother Wei means, if you need a source of goods, you must follow the North-South rules to provide the source of goods?"

Wei Chengdao: "If you want to cooperate, you must follow the rules. I think everyone will come to discuss cooperation with Wei with sincerity, and Wei will do anything. All pay attention to honesty, and the rules of the North and the South are honesty." This means that the rules of the North and South will not be changed by anyone, oh, just externally.

The faces of the people present were immediately unsightly.

Wei Cheng continued: "I cooperated with the owner of Yun Shaodong, Taifu Building, and I provided him with high-level supplies from the North-South Line, and the source of the sauce factory that Yun Shao-dong had on hand provided me, including the supply of white sugar in his hand. I think everyone here knows about the North-South Line. There is a supply of white sugar, these are the cooperation I have reached with Young Master Yun, if I make an exception, wouldn't I offend Young Master Yun."

Having said that, President Min can't force Wei Cheng to provide them with supply, Young Master Yun None of them are listed, they certainly can't offend Yun Shaodong's family.

Everyone in the chamber of commerce knows what kind of cooperation between Yun Shao's owner and Wei Cheng.

This method doesn't work, and they are greedy for higher sources of goods from north to south.

Some people secretly think that they can negotiate after the fact, that the source of goods can be provided to anyone, and they can choose some unnecessary partners to withdraw their cooperation and turn to North and South Bank to obtain high-level sources of goods. Isn't it the best of both worlds.

Wei Cheng doesn't care about their thoughts, as long as he conforms to the rules of the North and South, he will not refuse.

The author has something to say:

Thank you to the little angel who voted or irrigated the nutrient solution for me during 2022-06-29 20:26:50~2022-07-05 06:08:08~

Thanks to the little angel who cast mine : 53546102 1;

thanks to the little angel who irrigated the nutrient solution: 53546102 17 bottles; Miss Qianjin 15 bottles; Yuewu, jjcat, Qingmo, Xiangqing, spacious de Lidun sauce, 10 bottles; Beauty Yu 5 bottles; Antlers 3 bottles of buds on top; 1 bottle of ak small zero and mud;

thank you very much for your support to me, I will continue to work hard!