Part Seventy-Three ~Kohnnie #48~

Requested by Abbiecatp4

~~~Johnnie's POV~~~

"That is your third one today," Bryan said, and I rolled my eyes. I know he cares about my health, but I am getting tired of him doing it every day.

"And?"

"And," He took it from me.

"You need to slow down,"

"I'm fine," I grabbed it back taking a puff.

Bryan rolled his eyes and went back inside. I wasn't allowed to smoke inside, so I go out back and smoke. I didn't want the neighbors to look out the window and see me. Most importantly I don't want Kyle to come waling up at any random time and see me.

I know he doesn't like when people smoke he thinks it bad for their health. I know it is, but I seriously don't care what do I got to live for? I finished my cigarette and walked back inside.

Bryan was sitting on the couch, and he looked at me with sadness in his eyes. He tells me the same thing Kyle once told me. Bryan is the only one that knows I smoke. If Kyle was to find out, I don't know what would happen, and I don't want to find out.

"I am not going to tell you to quit but can you at least smoke less? I mean three a day isn't healthy," I sigh and roll my eyes.

"You tell Andy the same thing,"

"Yeah but the difference between you and Andy. Andy has been smoking for a long time. It's hard to quit. You, you, on the other hand, have only been smoking for a few years. You can stop,"

"It's not that easy," I mumbled.

"There has to be a reason you do it? Is it stress?"

"A little I guess."

"What is it, Johnnie,"

"I-I-" There was a knock at the door. I looked over at Bryan, and he got up and opened the door.

"Hey Dawg," My eyes widen.

I sniffed my shirt, and sure enough, it smelt like smoke. I jumped up quickly. I didn't even notice they were back in the room until I ran into someone. I looked up to see Kyle.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah I am fine," I mumbled.

I didn't talk too much because I know for a fact my breath smelled like smoke. I turned and walked up the stairs.

~~~Kyle's POV~~~

"Is he okay?" I asked, and Bryan nodded.

Why does he smell like smoke? I knew something was up and I wanted to find out. I was about to sit down when a pack of cigarettes caught my eyes. Bryan saw my eyes and grab the pack before I could.

"Those are Andy's,"

Andy was on tour I been over every day. And every day Johnnie wasn't here and one the day he was here I found them laying on the couch where he was sitting.

"Bryan," He looked down at the ground.

"They're Johnnie's I tried to stop him, but he won't listen to me. He stressed about something, but he won't tell me,"

"I'll find out,"

I grabbed the cigarettes and headed up to Johnnie's room. I knocked on his door placing the cigarettes in my back pocket. The door opened a second late, and I followed in behind him.

"Are you okay?" I asked waking in behind him.

I shut the door behind me. I made my way over to his bed, and he shrugged his shoulder. He sighs and ran a hand through his hair,

"I know what you're doing," His eyes widen and I grabbed the cigarettes out of my back pocket.

"Why didn't you tell me?"He reached for the pack, and I moved my hand away.

"This isn't healthy," He looked down.

"I care about you Johnnie," He looked up at me.

"Y-You do?" That's when it all clicked.

"Is this that what this is about you're stress because you think I don't care?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Don't think like that. I care about you. I care about you so much that I am going to-" I took the cigarettes out of the pack breaking them into pieces.

"These are Cancer stick you don't need them," He had a bathroom attached to his room. I walked in there and flashed the cigarettes down the toilet.

"I care about you," I walked back into the room.

"I care about you more than you think,"

"But not the way I want,"

"How do you want it?" He leans in stopping halfway. I smiled and closed the gap. I pulled back smiling.

"You need to brush your teeth. You taste like smoke,"

"Sorry," He blushed. He walked into the bathroom, and I followed in behind him. I watched him brush his teeth.

"Promise you will never pick up a cancer stick again,"

"I promise,' I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

~~~The end~~~~