Chapter 13 : Chaos

Mu Yang was trembling all the time, while Xie BieTing walked steadily, supporting the heels of his legs with one hand, and patted his back with one hand.

Normally, Mu Yang would have felt that this was a shameful and offensive gesture, but at this moment, like a drowning man clutching a life-saving straw, he stuck to Xie BieTing's body to absorb the last bit of warmth.

Back at the hotel entrance, BieTing's collar was almost soaked.

Mu Yang cried without a sound, his expression was empty and numb, but tears came one after another.

Xie BieTing didn't let him go the whole time, and he didn't put Mu Yang on the bed until he got back to the room, and called the front desk.

Mu Yang curled up in the quilt, staring blankly ahead.

The ringing of the doorbell did not disturb him, Xie BieTing took the saline and gauze from the waiter: "Thank you."

"Mu Yang."

No answer.

Xie BieTing didn't speak any more, he sat on the edge of the bed, stretched his hand under the quilt to hold Mu Yang's ankle, Mu Yang flinched, and said in a hoarse voice, "Your hands are cold."

"..." Xie BieTing stood up, "I'll go get it warmed."

He went to the bathroom, turned on the hot water and poured his hands for a while, rubbed his slender, white fingers against each other a few times, and his palms began to feel hot.

Xie BieTing came to the bed again, grabbed Mu Yang's feet and dragged out the quilt, Mu Yang grabbed the pillow and protested silently, Xie BieTing patted his body: "Don't make trouble, deal with the wound first."

Mu Yang's body froze, and Xie BieTing patted his butt through the quilt.

His calf should have been scratched by bumping into the foot of a table in a small restaurant. The area was not small, and he was bleeding.

Xie BieTing cleaned his wound with cotton soaked in saline, the movement was very light, and Mu Yang hardly felt the pain, but it was a little stinging when the medicine was applied.

Mu Yang's ankles are thin and fair, the bones are distributed beautifully, without a trace of excess flesh, it is pleasing to the eye in the palm of the hand, Xie BieTing held it for a long time before letting go.

Most of Mu Yang's face was buried in the quilt, covered by shadows.

After wrapping it in gauze, Xie BieTing stuffed Mu Yang's feet into the bedding, and tucked in the quilt along the way.

He asked, "Who did you meet?"

"...you don't know her." Mu Yang said in a hoarse voice after a long while.

Xie BieTing had a guess, he rolled over Mu Yang's body, and supported him to face himself: "Why are you crying?"

Mu Yang twitched the corner of his mouth, anyway, the truth will be revealed sooner or later: "I met a woman - she is my real mother."

Xie BieTing: "..."

Mu Yang turned around and didn't make contact with BieTing, nor looked at him: "Just to tell you a joke, the parents I've called for more than 20 years are actually someone else's parents."

He clutched the quilt tightly, and curled up into a ball: "Why should she..."

Why would he wantonly tamper with his life, and then one day the truth would be completely revealed, and then destroy everything he was proud of?

Such a sad experience once is enough, but fate made him do it again.

Xie BieTing frowned, and started again.