A place to stay

Anirudh and Bondita are in Kolkata.

They are walking around to find some place to stay.

Bondita: How big this village is!

Anirudh: This is not a village. This is main town, Bondita. One of the very busiest towns in India.

Bondita noticed the same Barristers there.

Bondita: Pati babu, look there. They are following us.

Anirudh looks at them.

Anirudh: They are not following us, Bondita. They are on their way to court, may be.

Bondita: Oho, now where we are going?

Anirudh: That's what I don't know!

He goes to the nearby shop vendor.

Anirudh: Ji, namaste!

Vendor: Hn, namaste. What do you want?

Anirudh: Ji, we are new here. We are searching for a house to stay. Only for one day. Can you help us?

Vendor: Sure, where are you from?

Anirudh: From Tulsipur!

Vendor: Oh, are you here for that Puja?

Anirudh nods no but Bondita nods yes, after looking at her he too nods yes.

Vendor took them to his place. Everyone looks at them.

Vendor: Our sarpanch ji has many houses there. I think he may help you. I will take you to him. But you only have to speak, theek hain?

Anirudh: Theek hain! But where we are now?

Vendor: This is Durga nagar.

Anirudh nods. Vendor took them to sarpanch house and left the place.

Already some people are waiting for sarpanch there, AniDita stood among them.

A man with royal turban around his head, with large moustache, wearing royal pyjama suit came there with a pride walk.

His name is Anmol Singh, sarpanch of Durga nagar Village.

"Anmol ji ki jai! Sarpanch ji ki jai! Anmol ji ki jai!", People chanted.

Anirudh and Bondita looks on.

Anmol stopped their chanting by showing his palm towards them.

He looks rough and tough but very sweet by heart.

Anmol: What case is today? Why you all gathered here in morning itself?

Man 1: Sarpanch ji, I had already gathered panchayat once regarding my divorce. You postponed the result date to today. That's why I am here now.

Anmol: Accha! I postponed the date just to make you two people to change your mindset. But you are again here for divorce. Is marriage a playful act?

Man 1: There is no wrong from my side. Everything is because of this blot woman.

Woman 1: I am not blot, you compelled me and married me. Now after everything has over you want a divorce?

Man 1: You are not worth to stay with me. You are impure. I found you with another man on that day.

Woman cries and nods no. Bondita and Anirudh is looking at them silently.

Man 1: Slut, blot, prostitute you are!

Anmol slapped him hardly. Everyone are scared. Bondita grabs Anirudh's hand in fear.

Anmol: How dare you to speak about a woman in public? Don't you have sense? Who gave you this much courage to blame your own wife? Chii!

That Man is stunned.

Anmol: I thought to not give you two divorce. But now considering this woman's health and peace I am giving you divorce. This is only for her. She doesn't deserve you. You bloody cheat! Who is there, put this man out of Durga nagar. This village doesn't need a man like him.

He told angrily. His henchmen arrested him. That woman fell on his feet and thanked him.

Anmol: Stand up. I will arrange a new house for you. You shall stay there. Don't worry about that man. You are safe now.

Anmol ji ki jai! Sarpanch ji ki jai! Anmol ji jai! People chanted again.

Anmol looks at Anirudh and Bondita. They two looks at him.

Anmol: You... You two come here.

They two came forward.

AniDita: Namaste ji!

Anmol: Namaste! You two look new here, where are you from?

Anirudh: We are from Tulsipur. We need a house here to stay for one day.

Anmol: Oh, are you here for that maha puja?

Anirudh: Huh...hn!

Anmol: Theek hain, next to my haveli there is a house. You two can stay there. My servant will show you the house.

Anirudh and Bondita thanked him, his servant came there and took them to the house.

It is a hut but somewhat big.

Servant: Here you have the keys.

Anirudh got it. The servant left the place.

Bondita: Pati babu, open the door. Let's go in.

Anirudh opened the lock, Bondita stepped in.

It was clean, so they kept all their luggages down. There is only one wire cot.

Anirudh: We travelled all along many places, let's wash our hands first.

They two went out and washed their hands.

By this time some revolutionary people comes there Marching towards by chanting "Vande Mataram".  Some british police are warning them.

Bondita: Vande mataram?!  Means?

Anirudh: "I bow to thee mother!"  It is a revolutionary quote, Bondita.

Bondita: Why people are chanting it now?

Anirudh: To get Independence only!

Bondita: Independence? Is it possible?

Anirudh: Hn, Bondita. It is possible! I am sure one day India will get freed from this angrezi rule. Our country will come to us soon. Vande mataram!

Bondita smiled and repeated it. They two then came inside.

Bondita: Pati babu, when will we go to puja?

Anirudh's smile reduced.

Bondita: Did you bring that advertisement with you? Where is it happening?

Anirudh: Bondita... actualy...

Bondita looks on. By this time, a servant came there with food for them.

Servant: Sarpanch ji asked us to serve you food. Please accept it.

Anirudh smiled and got it from him.

Servant: If you want some other things then don't get hesitated to ask us.

Anirudh: Shukriya!

The servant nodded and went out.

Anirudh: Bondita, thank god. I was thinking to find some daba now but they sent us food. Come lets eat.

He stretched out the banana leaf and puts the food on it.

Bondita: Wow, it looks yummier pati babu.

Anirudh: It will taste yummier too, i think so. Lets eat without wating time.

She nodded and they started eating.

What will happen next?

Just stay tuned to know about it!❤️