tell no one (💕💥)

Shadow paced around the living room while looking at the time on his phone every thirty seconds.

He didn't know what he wanted to do next. He had planned on going back to his place to sleep until morning when he realized Sonic would be there. The boy was probably asleep right now but Shadow still felt the need to go and talk to him. He could wait however long it took but that did not mean that Shadow couldn't be nervous to go to Sonic's.

As much as Shadow hated to admit it, Sonic always made him feel safe. His presence never failed to calm Shadow's nerves and even made him think twice about acting rashly. Sonic made Shadow feel better about himself and everything he was. Sonic showed Shadow love through his actions as well as words, and Shadow felt so comfortable in front of him and knew that Sonic also saw him more than just an assassin. It was hard for Shadow to imagine that someone else thought of him differently, let alone see him as anything special. But with Sonic, it was impossible for Shadow to not consider Sonic special. No one else ever did.

He had been spending most of the day trying to distract himself from Sonic's absence because he knew something bad was about to happen. Something really terrible and he needed to take precautions if Shadow wanted to survive. Shadow needed his mate right now.

He couldn't take it anymore and started to take in the smell of his surroundings, desperate find his mate's citrusy scent. He couldn't find the exact one, but he could smell something similar. He packed some food and useful items and some basic weapons and sprinted to wherever the scent sent him.

Shadow knew where his mate lived, he had gone over to Sonic's home many times, but he had yet to visit. This time he was determined though.
When Shadow got there, he knocked on the door and waited. A moment later it opened and Shadow was greeted by his mate. "Hey," said Sonic. He looked tired with dark circles under his eyes, but he smiled anyway at seeing Shadow. "Why are you here?"

Shadow answered before his mate could get in another word. "Sonic, I want you." Shadow's voice came out harsher than intended.

Sonic blinked rapidly before answering, "Me? Why me?"

Shadow shook his head and tried to soften up. "You're my mate. You make me happy when no other can. And, most importantly, I love you. Please don't tell me otherwise because I won't be able to hold myself if you say no. I'm sure you won't reject me but.." He trailed off, unsure what to expect.

It took a minute or so but then Sonic nodded slowly and responded, "Okay."

"Thank goodness. I was hoping you would agree," Shadow breathed out, relieved and a smile appeared on his face.

Shadow walked towards his mate and pressed his lips against Sonic's. He wrapped his arms around his mate's waist and pulled him close. Their kiss was gentle and sweet but neither wanted to break away from the contact. Shadow pulled away after a minute and stared at Sonic intensely. He kissed his nose, cheeks and forehead repeatedly and finally he settled on placing a firm kiss between his ears, breathing in the unique scent that only came from his mate.
Shadow sighed as they both leaned into each other again and Shadow felt content. He could finally relax and enjoy his mate. After all, Sonic would always love him unconditionally. He didn't care who else found his mate and Shadow felt relieved that he didn't have to worry what Sonic would do to him, he wouldn't hurt him, he was just so sure about that.

--

Shadow was pinned down onto the bed, his wrists tied together by his mate's hands as he smiled. Sonic took in Shadow's beautiful body, his eyes tracing to every curve and every corner of Shadow's body. It was so perfect.

"Everything about you is just so perfect, Shads. Can't choose where to start~"Sonic smiled and chuckled when Shadow's lips formed a nervous and happy smile.